Royal Philharmonic goes Disco?

Anyone heard this or any of their other albums? Some of the tracks are based on classical works performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra such as, Pachelbel's Canon, snippets of Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, Carmen's Habanera, Brahms' Hungarian Dance no. 5, Barber's Adagio for Strings, but mixed and overdubbed with layers of African, electro, Latin and hip-hop beats. Sounds kind of silly and disposable, but might be fun for some. Apparently their last album was banned from appearing on the UK Classical charts because of the beats

BTW - I'd never heard of them before - it just popped up on the front page when I stopped by amazon.com and some of the words above are paraphrased from their description
    Last edited by Davey; 06-16-2004 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey

BTW - I'd never heard of them before - it just popped up on the front page when I stopped by amazon.com and some of the words above are paraphrased from their description
    The heads almost look photoshopped onto the bodies in that pic. If their "music" is as cardboard cut-out as they appear in the pic, I'd stay FAR away.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Oh, Bond have a new album out? I'll have to get it. I have their previous two, and the DVD...they're pretty good, if you're into that whole Vanessa Mae, et al thing. There's this whole pop/classical crossover movement in the UK. If you look at the top of their classical charts (for example, "of all time"), there's a lot of that crap up there. Bond are, by far, not the least excessive of that.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Shades of Hooked on Classics perhaps?

Thread Information