Thread: RIP Alvin Lee

Suspended

RIP Alvin Lee

I don't know if Alvin changed the world but I know he left his mark.Ten Years After Alvin Lee Dies, Ten Years After, Alvin Lee | Rock Square

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I don't know if Alvin changed the world but I know he left his mark.Ten Years After Alvin Lee Dies, Ten Years After, Alvin Lee | Rock Square

I totally agree ! I got to see Ten Years After in 1979 when I was in 9th grade and they were excellent.They also did a number of songs from the Cricklewood green album.I still have that LP from 1970 when my mom dated some guy and left it. Played it all the time when I was little.As years went on I appreciated it more and more along with their other lp's. Alvin was a fantastic musician but unfortunately that music is dated by todays standards which is a crying shame.
    Nad c270 amp
    Yamaha ax 700 integrated amp

Onkyo p304 preamp
    Adcom gfp 555 preamp
    Polk Monitor 30 speakers 2 pairs
    Polk Monitor 40 speakers
    Z-Audio Lambda headphone amp
    Little Dot MK III tube headphone amp/preamp

Sennheiser px100 headphones
    Tara Labs prism 33i interconnects
    Various Cable Pro cables

Suspended
    Love To Change The World still gets an occasional play on the Classical Rock station. Ten Years After is probably better known to guys our age or older but any one into Blues and good guitar needs to check them out.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Love To Change The World still gets an occasional play on the Classical Rock station. Ten Years After is probably better known to guys our age or older but any one into Blues and good guitar needs to check them out.

Just last week I went into a guitar store here in Birmingham and mentioned Alvin lee to them-they never heard of him ???? I told them you need to hear him if you play guitar.I explained there are other guitarist very noteworthy aside from Zakk Wilde,Slash,Hendrix,Stevie Ray,etc.... man,I must be getting old.I also asked if they ever heard of Robin Trower...answer was "no".I said your seriously depriving yourself of some great r'n'r !
    Nad c270 amp

Onkyo p304 preamp
    Adcom gfp 555 preamp
    Polk Monitor 40 speakers

Various Cable Pro cables

Suspended
    I got some Trower albums. If they haven't heard of him I suppose more obscure players like the late Ronnie Montrose, Pat Travers or Frank Marino are lost. I wonder if they know Blackmore or Zappa. Have you heard Joe Bonomassa?

Forum Regular
    No i'm not familiar with Bonamassa.Man,I sure remember Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush. Saw him live back in 1982 at a very small venue.Such a shame as he still performed as he did in front of 30,000 people.People are really missing out on artist such as him,Rainbow with Dio(Mistreated performed live god what a classic),Montrose with Sammy Hagar,etc....I'll have to check out Bonamassa soon.Thanks for the tip.
    Nad c270 amp

Onkyo p304 preamp
    Adcom gfp 555 preamp
    Polk Monitor 40 speakers

Various Cable Pro cables

Thread Information