Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Rave Rec'ers are heading to New Orleans!!!

Some of you may remember that I posted some months ago to ask if anyone was interested in joining me on a trip to the famous New Orleans Jazz Fest next year. I am posting this update in case anyone else had an interest in attending. It looks like at least eight of us will be there and I still have some hotel rooms reserved if anyone else is interested. I can cancel the room(s) right up until the day before the Fest, so no worries there.

Anyway, we're heading there for the second weekend of the Fest, which will commence on April 29th and end on May 1st. That's four days of great live music for only about $20 per day per person. The lineups have not yet been announced, but it's always excellent, with plenty of variety to please everyone. The very name is a misleading because there will be plenty of blues, rock, folk, zydeco, R & B, along with Jazz, so don't get the wrong impression. This will be my second Jazz Fest, and I promise that you will not be disappointed or I'll pay for your trip. Ok, that's a joke, but you will like it. We'll also be heading to the infamous French Quarter and to some late night blues clubs, at least I know I will! They go until all hours and it's a total blast.

So far we have DLD and his wife, ChipB and his wife, AudioBill and his wife, along we me and Mrs. Swish. AudioGirl and her hubby may also show up, but will let us know later. Anyway, if anyone else is interested in joining us, please reply and I'll get you all the pertinent info.

Regards,
    Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    That sounds like such a blast! I wish we could make it, but we're saving our pennies for a 10th Anniversary trip to San Francisco in June or July.

I, personally, would give up San Fran to meet all of you folks....but...well...my hubby just doesn't have the same fondness for you all that I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That sounds like such a blast! I wish we could make it, but we're saving our pennies for a 10th Anniversary trip to San Francisco in June or July.

I, personally, would give up San Fran to meet all of you folks....but...well...my hubby just doesn't have the same fondness for you all that I do.
    You gonna hang out in the Haight-Asbury district with flowers in your hair? Smoke some mother nature and sing folk songs perhaps? hehehe. Just kidding Autumn. Sounds like a great trip.

I would love to do both of those.....and Nearfest also. Just can't afford those luxuries at this time.

Have a great holiday season.

Darren
    Last edited by DarrenH; 12-19-2003 at 01:57 PM.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Bipolar Bingo Enthusiast Chip_B's Avatar
    We're really looking forward to the trip. I suspect we'll enjoy seeing 'Nawlins' and getting to know some of our fellow Rave Wreckers as much as the music.
    "The Blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad"

-Willie Brown

dld
    Forum Regular

Thumbs up I'm as jazzed as jazzed can be

Looking forward to meet all you great folks. And the after hours nightlife should be legendary. Last year, Sonny Landreth and another guitar God (whose name escapes me inebriated brain at the moment) played after hours at some dive near the Garden District, geez, how good would that have been? One word of advice, do NOT drink the Dixie beer. It will make you ill you want local in New Orleans, drink Abita, it will make you happy
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Quote Originally Posted by dld
    Looking forward to meet all you great folks. And the after hours nightlife should be legendary. Last year, Sonny Landreth and another guitar God (whose name escapes me inebriated brain at the moment) played after hours at some dive near the Garden District, geez, how good would that have been? One word of advice, do NOT drink the Dixie beer. It will make you ill you want local in New Orleans, drink Abita, it will make you happy
    Wish that it didn't coincide with such an unsettled time for me, so that I could indulge in Nawlins and the J-fest- last one I was at was ..umm 1984, I think. Ya'll party hard now, ya hear?

And amen on the Dixie beer avoidance rec, dld- BLEEECHHHH.................
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    So far we have DLD and his wife, ChipB and his wife, AudioBill and his wife, along we me and Mrs. Swish. AudioGirl and her hubby may also show up, but will let us know later. Anyway, if anyone else is interested in joining us, please reply and I'll get you all the pertinent info.
    Yeah, but are any cool people going?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    And amen on the Dixie beer avoidance rec, dld- BLEEECHHHH.................
    Is it worse than Lone Star beer? Is Lone Star even still brewed?

Lone Star made a brief appearance here in Michigan some years ago. I recollect not liking it very much.

Give me a dark stout any day of the week. Guiness will work.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Have Dave, do you need one of the hotel rooms?

I still have the 3 at the Hampton, so let me know! I've had the Abita, and I'll try to remember not to drink any other local stuff. I have to warn you though, after a 6 pack or so, I won't be concerned about what I'm drinking, so you may have to keep an eye on me.

Thanks,
    Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Hey Swish! I sent you a PM. This trip may not be out of the question for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Yeah, but are any cool people going?
    One of them isn't!

You all have a great time and help keep each other out of custody, OK? Wish I could go but we're taking two weeks off to do the Orlando thing this year and don't think we can pull it off. These youngin's of mine can really gum up the works on occasion. Just make sure someone has a digital camera!

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Look me up when you get out left.

Nawlins is an endless party. Have a ball youz guyz!

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenH
    Is it worse than Lone Star beer? Is Lone Star even still brewed?

Lone Star made a brief appearance here in Michigan some years ago. I recollect not liking it very much.

Give me a dark stout any day of the week. Guiness will work.
    Trust me on this one- It is worse than hog vomit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Well that would be nice. I sent you an e-mail...

Hey Swish! I sent you a PM. This trip may not be out of the question for us.
    so let me know what else I can tell you.

Swish Baby

dld
    Forum Regular

Chiming in on the Lonestar

On a hot hot day (103 and above), after two hours of yard work, if you have an Ice cold Lone Star, and I mean right out of the bottom of the ice chest with little frozen thingees clinging to the bottle cold, and it MUST be in a bottle, you could get a Lone Star down. As far as I know, theres no way to get a bottled Dixie down. Although on draft, at Cafe Maspara, at $1.25/per, I think I may have had one or two a long time ago.

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Post 41.....

And the race to beat Junior to Junior is on!!!

"Trying his hardest to progress from a "Site Newbie" to a "Junior Member" or even, gasp, a "Site Regular".

Urggghhhh... you've got about three hours to catch up, Junior!

Post 40

Post 42....

Stuck On You won out over Bad Santa. The "other Miss Canada" is to blame if this movie sucks! Heheh....

Bipolar Bingo Enthusiast Chip_B's Avatar
    At the rate I'm posting, I won't graduate to 'site regular' until around 2023.
    "The Blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad"

-Willie Brown

dld
    Forum Regular

Thumbs up Hey Stuck on You looks hilarious

Ebert and Roeper are reveiwing it tonight . S/B fun. As usual, Medow, I lag far behind you in many areas, not just # of posts

NP, Phantom Of The Opera, original cast recording on Black Licorice Pizza. Disc 1, side 1, is one great side of music. # 36 and counting. Prolly be asleep before I get to 37.

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Ebert and Roeper are reveiwing it tonight . S/B fun. As usual, Medow, I lag far behind you in many areas, not just # of posts

NP, Phantom Of The Opera, original cast recording on Black Licorice Pizza. Disc 1, side 1, is one great side of music. # 36 and counting. Prolly be asleep before I get to 37.
    Hey Darlin', we have a WINNER! Guess who got to 50 first? Well, 50 posts!

Yeah, don't tell FA, but I wasn't too impressed with Stuck On You. Some soundtrack (eg: Kill Bill) are just kick-ass good and some like Stuck On You just don't have the magic. I won't give away the plot (like I could, after all the trailers they released) but it wasn't nearly as funny as Something About Mary. I'd still give it a 3 out of 5, however.

Wait till you see the trailers for HELLBOY! I CANNOT wait!!! Prolly go see Lord of the Rings, Lost in Translation (boy this is small release or something), and a handfull of other flicks over the holiday season.

Love Actually, was not stellar, but did manage to bring a tear to my eye, which does not often happen to me at the movies. Still all and all only rates about 2.5 outta 3.

Watched Titanic again last night. What an epic! Now that made this bunny shed a few!

Meadow (maybe we should be hanging out on the film board, but all they talk about is The Terminator and geeky boy movies!)

dld
    Forum Regular

Lost In translation = critics darking

but He!!, even this ol non critic loved it. A very nice turn for Billy Murray. Not a single thing got all blowed up (ooops, did I give someth9ing away? ). I won't say anything other than this is a very surprising movie. Enjoy! #40.

Go TIGERS!!!

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

but He!!, even this ol non critic loved it. A very nice turn for Billy Murray. Not a single thing got all blowed up (ooops, did I give someth9ing away? ). I won't say anything other than this is a very surprising movie. Enjoy! #40.

Go TIGERS!!!
    Critics darking? WTH does that mean? #40? Is that how it rated overall?

I meant 2.5 outta 5 for Love Actually.

Is Tigers what they calls them LSU football players? Heheheh... you get a lotta tigers hiding in them swamps???

Quote Originally Posted by Chip_B
    At the rate I'm posting, I won't graduate to 'site regular' until around 2023.
    Then get busy and start rambling!

HAHAHAHAH! Combat Kitty! That is the funniest avatar ever! Tell me you didn't set up that photo shoot, Chipster!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information