Question about the threads on this board.

I don't like the way I'm forced to view the latest reply to a thread as opposed to the old board where you would see the initial post and all the respones, in chronological order, below it. It gets very confusing trying to figure out who responded to the initia post or who responded to someone else's reply. Anyway, my question is this; Is there any way I can change the format that I see to have them appear this way or is that how we must all see them (last post appears first)???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Swish Baby
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Well I saw that before, but I thought that had to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Well, this may help. Go to your user control panel and select 'options'. About half way down the page you can change the way threads are displayed. I think you should try selection -linear-oldest first and see how that works for you. After you've opened a thread, the next time you visit it you should see a little down arrown by the post which should take you to the first post recorded since your last viewing. then simply scroll down to read any subsequent posts to the topic. I will add that this little arrow feature doesn't always seem to work right, taking me instead to some posts that I've already viewed.

Of course it won't be the same as the old board but maybe it will help some.

jc
    with threads and not the replies within the thread. Know what I mean? Anyway, I just did what you suggested and I'll see what happens. I hope that does it!

Grassy Ass Senior,

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Anyway, my question is this; Is there any way I can change the format that I see to have them appear this way or is that how we must all see them (last post appears first)???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Swish Baby
    Well, this may help. Go to your user control panel and select 'options'. About half way down the page you can change the way threads are displayed. I think you should try selection -linear-oldest first and see how that works for you. After you've opened a thread, the next time you visit it you should see a little down arrown by the post which should take you to the first post recorded since your last viewing. then simply scroll down to read any subsequent posts to the topic. I will add that this little arrow feature doesn't always seem to work right, taking me instead to some posts that I've already viewed.

Of course it won't be the same as the old board but maybe it will help some.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    just did what you suggested and I'll see what happens. I hope that does it!

Grassy Ass Senior,

Swish
    Well, I guess we'll see won't we. I have proof that it doesn't always work correctly. For example, FA's bored thread is displayed just fine, as it should be. This thread, however, has both of your posts displayed ahead of my original reply. That isn't how it's supposed to be. It's pretty obvious that the folks here still have some bugs to work out. I see they finally fixed the email notification problem for registration. I'll bet Chris' job would have been more enjoyable if it had worked correctly from day one.

Enjoy your long weekend.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Thread Information