Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's all about the music. Doc Sage's Avatar
    Saw these two live and was blown away by both.
    - KIYOSHI YOSHIDA => Japanese

- JESSE COOK => Nouveau Flamenco

Got live DVD's of these three musicians. Cesaria is laid back, great for Sunday mornings. N'Door need some volume to be truly appreciated.

- Cesaria Evora

- Youssou N'Dour

- JESSE COOK

One of my all time fave, Peter Gabriel, as outdone himself with "Last Temptation of Christ". I got two live DVD's from this great fellow that gets to be played regularly.

Now, my youngest brother, swear by this guy, Michael Brook. I have yet to listen to him but after read your post, Demetrio, I have to find him and soon.

May I add Seun Kuti + Fela's Egypt80. I was fortunate to see them live last summer in an outdoor venue. WOW!!!! They had each and everyone of us dancing all night long. If you hear of them coming arround your neighbourhoor, please make a point to experience a wonderful night of World Beat music like you will never experience.

Doc Sage

From Dakar Senegal is one of the most provocative and canny musicians in the popular music scene, Wasis Diop. This is my second CD purchase by this very talented and soulful writer, whose Everything is Never Quite Enough experienced a minor but important blip to listeners watching Thomas Crown Affair. Diop's collection here brings back many favorites, presented in nicely rendered remix including Samba le Berger, No Sant, My Son and the very affecting Le Passeur. If you haven't given this man an ear, you need to....He has something important to say, and when he is finished, there is still much to tell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information