Thread: PF Sloan

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

PF Sloan

Are any of Sloan's solo albums worth owning? I have an Uncut comp with him singing Eve of Destruction, and I just love it!

Can anyone comment on whether his 2006 release, Sailover, is any good? I only know that's the CD that this version of Eve of Destruction is from and that AMG gives it an excellent review. But I trust you guys more than AMG.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Are any of Sloan's solo albums worth owning? I have an Uncut comp with him singing Eve of Destruction, and I just love it!

Can anyone comment on whether his 2006 release, Sailover, is any good? I only know that's the CD that this version of Eve of Destruction is from and that AMG gives it an excellent review. But I trust you guys more than AMG.
    I am probably the worst person to comment since I am a really big Sloan fan, so I don't know if my recommendation would really be fair, but I would definitely grab it!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Who? Educate me please.

I have some kind of anthology CD. I can fish it up and lend it to you. I don't recall it being any big deal. I bought it based on a Jimmy Webb song called PF Sloan, and of course, who could forget Eve of Destruction, although I do forget the name of the one-hit wonder who made it a hit. Was it Barry McGuire?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    I am probably the worst person to comment since I am a really big Sloan fan, so I don't know if my recommendation would really be fair, but I would definitely grab it!
    Not Sloan the band, PF Sloan the songwriter/musician.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Who? Educate me please.
    Read this

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    I have some kind of anthology CD. I can fish it up and lend it to you. I don't recall it being any big deal. I bought it based on a Jimmy Webb song called PF Sloan, and of course, who could forget Eve of Destruction, although I do forget the name of the one-hit wonder who made it a hit. Was it Barry McGuire?
    That would be great. Thanks. And, yes, it was Barry McGuire. Pick any prize from the lower shelf. You can trade up to the top shelf if you can answer the question, "Who is John Galt?".

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Not Sloan the band, PF Sloan the songwriter/musician.

My bad, saw "sloan" got excited without reading the rest.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Gracias, FA.

Thread Information