Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    42 Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West of the fields, long gone
    Posts
    1,338

    PF "Pulse" DVD release announced

    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

  2. #2
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,660

    Ooooh! Just in time for Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi

    So, if anyone here, like, wanted to, like, buy me a Christmas present, this would be a good one. And in case you, like, already have my Christmas present, remember that my birthday is only a couple of weeks later.

  3. #3
    42 Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West of the fields, long gone
    Posts
    1,338

    If memory serves...

    Don't you and I share the same birthday, January 5?

    Lousy day for a birthday, too. Everyone's gifted-out from Xmas, partied-out from New Years, weather sucks. At least you know your brother will get you something cool...
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

  4. #4
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Don't you and I share the same birthday, January 5?

    Lousy day for a birthday, too. Everyone's gifted-out from Xmas, partied-out from New Years, weather sucks. At least you know your brother will get you something cool...
    Right you are. You, me and Mr. Slosh.

    The secret to good birthday gifts is to convince people that they should spend the same amount of money on you as they would spend if your birthday were in, say, July...but wait for the great after-Xmas sales to shop. Sometimes a little bit of guilt can help too. "I hate having my birthday so close to Christmas. It sucks. Why did I have to be born at all?".

    You can turn the lousy timing to your advantage if you play your cards right.

  5. #5
    Forum Regular BarryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,085

    Now You're Getting Close

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Why did I have to be born at all?".
    And you know that Pink Floyd isn't good for you. You'll poke somebody's eye out.

  6. #6
    42 Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West of the fields, long gone
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Right you are. You, me and Mr. Slosh.
    Oh, yeah. That's right. I think we should declare that a de facto holiday here at Rave Recs. Call it Estherchrispatrick day, and everyone has to play Rush, REM and The Decemberists all day long. Wheeee!!!
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

  7. #7
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Oh, yeah. That's right. I think we should declare that a de facto holiday here at Rave Recs. Call it Estherchrispatrick day, and everyone has to play Rush, REM and The Decemberists all day long. Wheeee!!!
    That sounds like a great idea to me! I'll have to get some Decemberists. Um, wait a minute. Can we play them in January?

    Hey Mr. Midfi...do you have a brother? Wanna trade?

  8. #8
    Suspended 3-LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Hey! Over here!
    Posts
    2,747

    kinda boring IMO

    I have a boot of that (on DVD) and its very pedestrian, by-the-numbers, despite the full-length performance of DSOTM...one downer was that the female soloists for the 'Great Gig In The Sky' number were a tad feeble, compared to the same song on Delicate Sound Of Thunder, which is a better concert film IMO.

  9. #9
    Suspended 3-LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Hey! Over here!
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    The secret to good birthday gifts is to convince people that they should spend the same amount of money on you as they would spend if your birthday were in, say, July...but wait for the great after-Xmas sales to shop. Sometimes a little bit of guilt can help too. "I hate having my birthday so close to Christmas. It sucks. Why did I have to be born at all?".

    You can turn the lousy timing to your advantage if you play your cards right.
    My B-day is DEC, 30th...so I know what you mean. I always got the Merry Christmas/Happy Birthday gifts.

    I tried the guilt thing once with no success...My aunt had a house fire just after Thanksgiving and lost everything; she anounced to everyone that she wouldn't be able to get anyone a Christmas present that year, and I said, "Hey wait a minute, what about my birthday?! You're gonna cheese out on both?! I mean, geez, a few bucks...something? anything?"

    That was last year; maybe she'll have recovered by now.

  10. #10
    42 Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West of the fields, long gone
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

    Hey Mr. Midfi...do you have a brother? Wanna trade?
    Sure. Why not?

    Here's his website, with plenty of full-motion video/audio...

    stevenslittle.com

    Gimme some 'full disclosure' on Barry, before we close the deal.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest AudioReview Articles

Hot Deals

Latest News

AudioReview on Facebook