Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Np?

Forum Regular
    Faithless/Cat Power - A Kind of Peace, it's a track from their last album which was so so, but this track is a gem. Love Cat's laid back vocals which just oozes out the speakers.

As for Babyshambles, for once the critics are right this is a solid album worthy of a top ten place in anybodys collection. Doherty is a twat not unlike Amy Winehouse but they both make great sounds.

Cheers
    Mike

I'm having a Built to Spill day

You In Reverse (good)
    Ancient Melodies Of The Future (great)
    Keep It Like, you know, A Secret (spectacular)
    Perfect From Now On (meh...)
    Last edited by 3-LockBox; 10-17-2007 at 01:26 PM.

42 Regular
    I'm tracking The Jayhawks' Hollywood Town Hall right now. Every now and then, I get to rediscover this gem. A thoroughly enjoyable listen, with a nicely autumnal feel that seems right on the money for late October.

Anyone else love this one?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    I'm tracking The Jayhawks' Hollywood Town Hall right now. Every now and then, I get to rediscover this gem. A thoroughly enjoyable listen, with a nicely autumnal feel that seems right on the money for late October.

Anyone else love this one?
    I don't know it. I'm not listening to anything at this specific moment, but earlier today I was listening to The Decemberists and Of Montreal. Two bands whose disks I picked up during a recent trip to the US of A. There will be another post about Of Montreal later. I don't have time right now. Look forward to it...

Hey that's the same guy that played the schoolmaster in The Wall.
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    Hey that's the same guy that played the schoolmaster in The Wall.
    Um...who? What?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Just popped in Tindersticks - Can Our Love, great album my favorite of theirs (that I have, which is omprised of Tindersticks and Tindersticks II).

Before that I was listening to Boxer, (The National), very nice first impression it made too, (great drumming).

Getting ready to go see Control tonight, which is getting really good reviews. Anyone here seen it yet?

Lots of new (to me) stuff to listen to in the coming days so I should be contributing to this thread quite a bit this week.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Forum Regular
    Title track to Riverside: Second Life Syndrome.
    I didn't change my mind. It changed all by itself.

Now it's Ugly Casanova's album - havenČt heard this Modest Mouse off shoot in a long while. Weird! Wild! Fun!
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    Before that I was listening to Boxer, (The National), very nice first impression it made too, (great drumming).
    That's a good one as is Alligator. Based on that I'd say if you heaven't picked up any Songs:Ohia you should.You'll likey veddy much.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    That's a good one as is Alligator. Based on that I'd say if you heaven't picked up any Songs:Ohia you should.You'll likey veddy much.
    Thanks for the tip. I do have - and really like - Didn't it Rain and Magnolia Electric Company, though at times I can find Jason's voice a little over wrought. And I don't have Alligator but I do have Cherry Tree, and after another listen I think I will end up liking Boxer more - seems to have a little more dynamics and variations to their patented sound.

Now up is Radiohead's new album. I likey better than Hail to the thief and almost as much as Kid A.

Who's keeping track of this?

NP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information