Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So the only ones I could pick up locally were

The Be Good Tanyas - Hello Love

For some reason they released this the day after Thanksgiving long weekend which totally sucked. So I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Justin Rutledge - The Devil on a Bench in Stanley Park

This Canadian boy reminds me of Rufus Wainright, kinda. With a dash more of country in some of the songs. It seem like its going to be a good grower, especially for mellow Sunday morns.

Its beautifully packaged and a huge bargain at Future Shop for $9.99 CDN and I think its full length with 10 tracks.

Good old Canadian lyrics such as:

Does it Make You Rain

Frozen roses
    The heavens open and your door...it closes
    While the Rideau bears a cross of broken ice into the night.

Snowie

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Girl
    Hi Snowie,

Since noone has responded to your question about Dylan's new effort "Modern Times", I thought I'd pass along a few thoughts. Personally, I believe it is a masterpiece. Not the masterpiece of all time, nor the best effort by Dylan but it is so good it's worth purchasing IMHO. The writing is first rate, and so is the music. It took about 4 spins, with the material growing on me with each additional listen. My suggestion is to buy it and to not judge it immediately. Give it several spins with attentive listening (rather than background music). It might surprise you.

Here are a few more new CD releases than I have been impressed with (only limited listening sessions so far): (1) Beck -- The Information; (2) Peter Frampton -- Fingerprints; (3) Sparklehorse's latest effort; (4) The Decemberists "The Crane Wife"; and as far as vinyl goes: (1) Mission of Burma's latest.

Hope all is well on the Canadian front.

Ag
    Hi Mary,

How's everything down there in Texas? I see its been a leetle hot lately! Hope you're boy is home safe and sound.

I've heard a lot of good response about the new Dylan. How's the quality of his voice on the new disk? He must be creeping up near 70 by now! Like a lot of us around this place!

Can you buy Sparklehorse in regular CD stores down there? Up here they are still special order!

Take care,
    Snowie

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'm not a huge fan of hers but my Hubby is. We have Piece by Piece and the CD before that one. Of the two, I prefer Piece by Piece. If you like Nine Million Bicycles, you'll likely enjoy the whole disk.
    Then its definitely on my wishlist now! I'll have to see where I can find a seller.

Whenever I see the word Hubby, all I can think of is Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby! Have you heard what's in it???

It began with two office jokesters' pulling a prank on a colleague whose endless tales of his love for Ben & Jerry's made them nuts. They hatched an imaginary batch packed with pretzels, peanut butter, & fudge in vanilla malt ice cream & spread a rumor of a brand new Ben & Jerry's hit called "Chubby Hubby". After searching obsessively he was crushed when the hoax was revealed, so the jokesters home-made a pint. He proclaimed it too good to be a joke & after one taste, so did we. The rest is history. Chubby Hubby -- it's no joke!

Snowie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    OMG, bookmarked?

I was kind of hoping that that particular episode would fade away and become something of RR legend with nobody remembering if it really happened or not. Guess I need to wait a few more years for that to happen now. Thanks for trying 3lock.

I will mention once again that "y" and "t" are side by side on the keyboard : )

Regards,
    jc
    I'm not a guy, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather have someone busying my balls than busting them!!!

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Well, my Hubby is far from chubby (not that I think that you were implying otherwise). I'm waiting for him to decide whether he's running the Toronto marathon on Sunday. He ran it last year, but some joint issues are making it a game time decision this year.

Thanks for the tip about the Justin Rutledge disk at Future Shop. He's touring with Jim Cuddy this fall. But, of course, the night that we're seeing Jim is the one show that Justin isn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Hey Snowb, wuz just thinking about you. Go look at that video thread I started, I think you'll like that first one.
    Hi Dustyone!

Hehehehehe.... you said video. You're old!

Snowie

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    (tries to think of a clever response, realizes she's right)

I got nuthin'.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Hi Mary,

How's everything down there in Texas? I see its been a leetle hot lately! Hope you're boy is home safe and sound.

I've heard a lot of good response about the new Dylan. How's the quality of his voice on the new disk? He must be creeping up near 70 by now! Like a lot of us around this place!

Can you buy Sparklehorse in regular CD stores down there? Up here they are still special order!

Take care,
    Snowie
    Hey, there, Snowbunny,

Thanks for thinking about my boy. He returned from Round 2 in the Middle East during mid-August, and decided that he needed to sign up for four (4) MORE years. So, on October 2, 2006, my boy elected to keep on keeping on. Music to his Mother's ears (NOT)! Anyway, he will be based out of Frankfurt, Germany for the next 4 years, and will be leaving for his new duty station soon. It's given Chuck and I a GREAT excuse to go to Europe. ;-)

Let's see, Dylan's voice. No, I'd say it sounds like a mid-60-year-old man's voice, but I like that. Been there, done that kind of a feeling. And you know what? I purchased Sparklehorse on a beautiful, black slab of vinyl in California (Spin Records in Carlsbad, CA)! That purchase actually opened up a nice little conversation with the record store's owner. If you'd like a new Sparkehorse CD, let me know...I'd be more than happy to purchase one and send it your way.

Hope all is well in the North Country. Hubs and I hope to make it up that way some time in the next few years. Be well!
    Last edited by Audio Girl; 10-29-2006 at 09:15 AM.
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information