Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587

    My condolences to J. Clark

    We did our best to piss it away, ya know.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  2. #2
    very clever with maracas Davey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on some faraway beach...
    Posts
    2,916


    Oh, probably something to do with these losers, eh?
    Last edited by Davey; 02-19-2005 at 01:10 PM.

  3. #3
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Your team is on a tear, and mine, well not so much. What a lousy day for bball in my family. Jayhawks lose as did both of my boys in their tournament games today. Actually I missed the Hawks because we were driving around to watch our boys. We are O-fer / today. Fortunately I didn't bet the mortage payment on the outcomes of any of the games so I guess you could say it could have been worse.

    Good luck with your team!

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  4. #4
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Your team is on a tear, and mine, well not so much. What a lousy day for bball in my family. Jayhawks lose as did both of my boys in their tournament games today. Actually I missed the Hawks because we were driving around to watch our boys. We are O-fer / today. Fortunately I didn't bet the mortage payment on the outcomes of any of the games so I guess you could say it could have been worse.

    Good luck with your team!

    jc
    Wow, that is a crappy day for you. Your Jayhawks are systematically working their way out of a #1 seed.

    I'm enjoying this while I can because I have a feeling we'll have a rude awakening come Big 12 tourney time.

    NP: Caetano Veloso - A Foreign Sound (it's quite bizarre to hear a Nirvana cover followed by a cover of "Feelings")
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  5. #5
    Rae
    Rae is offline
    a golden ball of light Rae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    894
    Sorry Jim, had to dig this one out of the archives and busy yr balls a little bit this afternoon...

    ~Rae

  6. #6
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    6,852
    Lol...yep sorry boutcha, JC...


    ---sticks (cautiously optimistic in Indy)
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  7. #7
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    Go VCU!

    Actually, I don't have a dog in this fight, but that obnoxious know-it-all Dick Vitale said, upon the VCU selection to the tournament, 'they don't belong'. Open mouth, insert foot. I want them to win it all for that reason and because I love an underdog and am really tired of the Duke, Carolina and Kentucky teams winning every year (or every other).
    Last edited by Swish; 03-28-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  8. #8
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Well, that was stunning. I'm a month out of rotator cuff surgery and I'd bet I could shoot 50% from the line, well, in another month maybe : )

    This is how I look at it, it keeps happening because Kansas is always in the tournament. 22 years in a row, not shabby.

    Amazing how we learn to rationalize things, isn't it? Very sad.

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  9. #9
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    Rotator cuff surgery? Had mine about 7 years ago..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Well, that was stunning. I'm a month out of rotator cuff surgery and I'd bet I could shoot 50% from the line, well, in another month maybe : )

    This is how I look at it, it keeps happening because Kansas is always in the tournament. 22 years in a row, not shabby.

    Amazing how we learn to rationalize things, isn't it? Very sad.

    jc
    ...and it was a beeyotch! My left rotator was basically shredded but my surgeon was able to piece it together very well. I have nearly 100% range of motion now and am able to do pretty much everything I did before the injury. It took 4 months to be able to hit golf balls, and then only for about 10 minutes. It's a long, painful recovery for sure.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  10. #10
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...and it was a beeyotch! My left rotator was basically shredded but my surgeon was able to piece it together very well. I have nearly 100% range of motion now and am able to do pretty much everything I did before the injury. It took 4 months to be able to hit golf balls, and then only for about 10 minutes. It's a long, painful recovery for sure.

    Sorry to hear yours was so painful, I've been lucky as it hasn't been too bad. Not sure what muscle I tore but they sewed it back together and anchored the stitches to the bone. Honestly after the first week, I've been basically pain free. Still not supposed to lift it on my own, but I'll bet I could : ) Maybe it helps that I'm married to my physical therapist!

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  11. #11
    3LB
    3LB is offline
    cunning linguist 3LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    1,737
    I'm currently nursing a strained rotator. It hurt for months then I finally went to the doctor. Its better now, but only about 80%.

    I don't see how Kentucky fan can be so stoked about this - how long until Callipari has to leave amidst a scandle and if Ky wins, how long until they have to vacate their trophy? It happened at UMass and Memphis. I have no doubt it'll happen again.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

  12. #12
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10
    Hey you guys at least made it to the dance, the Gophers cant even get online.

  13. #13
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    So what do you say to him now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post


    Oh, probably something to do with these losers, eh?
    Looks like they have a legitimate shot at playing in the finals. My motto is ABK...Anybody but Kentucky. Their coach is just a total sleaze-bag.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  14. #14
    Forum Regular nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,964
    That's a relief. I saw the title and thought something had happened.

  15. #15
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post


    Oh, probably something to do with these losers, eh?
    I hate Kansas!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

  16. #16
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,158
    Opening lines this morning in Vegas :

    Ohio State by 2.5 over Kansas

    Kentucky by 8.5 over Louisville
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

  17. #17
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Looks like they have a legitimate shot at playing in the finals. My motto is ABK...Anybody but Kentucky. Their coach is just a total sleaze-bag.
    What??? That big head bill self, is a total jerk! KU aint that good. The refs give them all the breaks! Yesterdays game T-Rob gets away with three walks and in the second have many over the back calls not called....I admit NC played a poor game without Marshall, but KU has had the easy road and then for Marshall to get hurt..wow!

    And on top of all that...they refuse to play Mizzou any more like the sore sports they are...that Bill Self is a jerk! Oh and while I'm at it...that was a foul on Pressey at the end of regulation, no, more like a mugging and what does the refs do, turn their heads the other way.....total BS, Ohio State is out for revenge!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

  18. #18
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    He mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    What??? That big head bill self, is a total jerk! KU aint that good. The refs give them all the breaks! Yesterdays game T-Rob gets away with three walks and in the second have many over the back calls not called....I admit NC played a poor game without Marshall, but KU has had the easy road and then for Marshall to get hurt..wow!

    And on top of all that...they refuse to play Mizzou any more like the sore sports they are...that Bill Self is a jerk! Oh and while I'm at it...that was a foul on Pressey at the end of regulation, no, more like a mugging and what does the refs do, turn their heads the other way.....total BS, Ohio State is out for revenge!
    Yep. He mad.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  19. #19
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Yep. He mad.
    LOL!...naw not mad, just your friendly border war....
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

  20. #20
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Yet another Final Four for the Jayhawks. Not too bad given the modest expectations for the year.

    MU fans can go stare at their bright shiny Big 12 tournament trophy and convince themselves that they accomplished something special. Actually for them, I guess they did. Happens when the bar is set especially low! Now they can run to the SEC and be every bit as irrelevant there as they were in the Big 12.

    And Frenchmon, please stop your whining, I almost pissed myself laughing and I'm wearing khaki today!

    Rock Chalk Jayhawk,

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  21. #21
    Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lower AL
    Posts
    2,838
    I buried my bracket in the back yard during the middle of the night. Dogs barked, neighbors awoke, cops called - it was difficult to explain until I dug it up and showed it to'em.

  22. #22
    3LB
    3LB is offline
    cunning linguist 3LB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    1,737
    Now begins the countdown to how long before UK has to give the trophy back.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paging Jim Clark
    By 2 channel in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 06:21 AM
  2. Hey Jim Clark, re: Gary Numan music
    By Dave_G in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
  3. Great Looking Comp Received From Susan Clark!
    By JDaniel in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 02:24 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •