Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: My 2003 Comp

  1. #1
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587

    My 2003 Comp

    Here's the track list:

    1.The Constantines National Hum
    2.British Sea Power Remember Me
    3.The Wrens Everyone Choose Sides
    4.Four Tet Slow Jam
    5.Iron & Wine Such Great Heights
    6.The Broken Family Band (I Don't Have Time To) Mess Around
    7.Apollo Sunshine The Egg
    8.Starlight Mints Brass Digger
    9.The Shins Gone For Good
    10.Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros Long Shadow
    11.Saturday Looks Good To Me No Good With Secrets
    12.The Hidden Cameras Ban Marriage
    13.Clearlake I'd Like To Hurt You
    14.Sufjan Stevens For the Widows In Paradise
    15.TV On the Radio Staring at the Sun
    16.Frog Eyes Miasma Gardens
    17.Thee Michelle Gun Elephant [Black Love Hole]
    18.Killing Joke Asteroid
    19.Black Eyes Deformative
    20.The Blood Brothers The Salesman, Denver Max

    If anybody wants one who doesn't already have one or who hasn't requested one, post here or PM me.

    Stone
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  2. #2
    Toon Robber tentoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Florida Piney Woods
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Here's the track list:

    1.The Constantines National Hum
    2.British Sea Power Remember Me
    3.The Wrens Everyone Choose Sides
    4.Four Tet Slow Jam
    5.Iron & Wine Such Great Heights
    6.The Broken Family Band (I Don't Have Time To) Mess Around
    7.Apollo Sunshine The Egg
    8.Starlight Mints Brass Digger
    9.The Shins Gone For Good
    10.Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros Long Shadow
    11.Saturday Looks Good To Me No Good With Secrets
    12.The Hidden Cameras Ban Marriage
    13.Clearlake I'd Like To Hurt You
    14.Sufjan Stevens For the Widows In Paradise
    15.TV On the Radio Staring at the Sun
    16.Frog Eyes Miasma Gardens
    17.Thee Michelle Gun Elephant [Black Love Hole]
    18.Killing Joke Asteroid
    19.Black Eyes Deformative
    20.The Blood Brothers The Salesman, Denver Max

    If anybody wants one who doesn't already have one or who hasn't requested one, post here or PM me.

    Stone
    Jeez, Stoner, there's several things on there I'd really like to hear, but I feel like I'm WAY upside down with you as it is. If I can interest you in anything I could offer............
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

  3. #3
    Indifferentist Slosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,221

    yikes

    Wow, this is exactly the kinda comp needed around here

    I only have three of those albums and want to see if there's a reason for that Looking fwd to it, Stone.

  4. #4
    Dubgazer -Jar-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    942

    of course!

    looks delicious..

    do you have the Boorski Manor address in Parma?

    -jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..


    The Replacements

  5. #5
    Forum Regular audiobill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Solsbury Hill
    Posts
    715

    Talking Yes, please....

    Looks like an awesome line-up of songs, Stone!!

    Please lmk how I may return the favour....

    Cheers,
    Bill aka audiobill

  6. #6
    Forum Regular nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,964
    You back in town already? I've got a package for ya, but haven't gotten to mailing it yet. I'm making a post office run tomorrow, so should get it out then.

  7. #7
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by audiobill
    Looks like an awesome line-up of songs, Stone!!

    Please lmk how I may return the favour....

    Cheers,
    Bill aka audiobill
    A package will be sent to you early next week. I just got back late last night, so I haven't checked to see if your package came in the mail yet.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  8. #8
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    You back in town already? I've got a package for ya, but haven't gotten to mailing it yet. I'm making a post office run tomorrow, so should get it out then.
    Due to some unforseen circumstances, I'm back in town for a week, then will be gone again for a while.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  9. #9
    very clever with maracas Davey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on some faraway beach...
    Posts
    2,916
    Looks good Stone. I don't have much on there either. I wonder if those two statements aren't just a bit contradictory. I mean, how can I say it looks good if I haven't even heard most of it yet? Oh well, can I get a copy? You probably don't have my Mesa address so I'll PM it to you right now. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Here's who I have on the list for comps to be sent:

    jasn
    Mark (if I didn't already send him one)
    audiobill
    Slosh
    Mason
    Davey

    If I've missed anyone, please let me know.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  11. #11
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    I'd love one Stone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Here's the track list:

    1.The Constantines National Hum
    2.British Sea Power Remember Me
    3.The Wrens Everyone Choose Sides
    4.Four Tet Slow Jam
    5.Iron & Wine Such Great Heights
    6.The Broken Family Band (I Don't Have Time To) Mess Around
    7.Apollo Sunshine The Egg
    8.Starlight Mints Brass Digger
    9.The Shins Gone For Good
    10.Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros Long Shadow
    11.Saturday Looks Good To Me No Good With Secrets
    12.The Hidden Cameras Ban Marriage
    13.Clearlake I'd Like To Hurt You
    14.Sufjan Stevens For the Widows In Paradise
    15.TV On the Radio Staring at the Sun
    16.Frog Eyes Miasma Gardens
    17.Thee Michelle Gun Elephant [Black Love Hole]
    18.Killing Joke Asteroid
    19.Black Eyes Deformative
    20.The Blood Brothers The Salesman, Denver Max

    If anybody wants one who doesn't already have one or who hasn't requested one, post here or PM me.

    Stone
    I have very few of these and I'd like this sampling so I can place my next cd order.
    But seriously, I haven't ordered much lately, but am planning a buying blitz pretty soon since I'll finally have time to sit down and listen to music. I know a bunch of these tracks are from cds you listen in your top 10 for last year, so I'm certainly intrigue.

    Thanks,
    Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  12. #12
    AR Jumbo Member chrisnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    89
    Oh boy I'd really like one of those. Do you have my address? I'll find something to repay the debt.

    Regards, Chris.

  13. #13
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Yessiree bob, this is a good one. Thanks a lot Stone. In case you missed it during your travels I posted the intitial comments on the Tuesday thread:

    "Stones year end comp. Good start-weaker middle (for me)-revs up near the end-wilts just a touch at the very end (again, for me). A couple of tracks would make my Rave Recs Best of 2003 comp and those would be-The Hidden Cameras-Ban Marriage, TV On The Radio's Staring At The Sun, and Sufjan Steven's track stands a fairly decent chance at showing up too. Thanks a ton Stone."

    Additionally the Iron & Wine was great since I don't have the single. I wonder if the Shins cover is any good? Might be fun to search this single out given how much I like the orginal album (it was my #1 of course). The end is a little ragged for me but after listening to Mason's comp, and now yours I'm finding out that I may like the Killing Joke album more than I thought. The key for me seems to be small doses, like a track at a time. Still don't love it, but maybe I don't hate it.

    Sent a couple of things off to you, maybe it will arrive today in time to make the next road trip with you.

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  14. #14
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Okay, I'm adding Swishy and Chris (yes, I have your addy) to the list. And tentoze should have been on the list too.

    Mason: Yes, I have your Parma address. Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

    Jim: Thanks for the kind words. The Shins cover is good, but I liked the Iron & Wine cover better simply for the stark contrast in style from the Postal Service. I've been through your 2003 comp once and there are some very interesting things on there that caught my ear, but I need to spend more time with it to give you any real opinions on particular tracks. Thanks in advance for the new package.

    Also, TV on the Radio's debut full-length is coming out in a few weeks - it should be a good one. The EP is just great and includes a doo wop cover of the Pixies' "Mr. Grieves."

    Stone

    N O W     P L A Y I N G
     +/- - You Are Here
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  15. #15
    Forum Regular JDaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    369
    Stone - is it too late to raise my hand? If not, I'd love one. Thanks amigo.

    JD

    np - Whiskeytown

  16. #16
    Toon Robber tentoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Florida Piney Woods
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Okay, I'm adding Swishy and Chris (yes, I have your addy) to the list. And tentoze should have been on the list too.

    Mason: Yes, I have your Parma address. Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

    Jim: Thanks for the kind words. The Shins cover is good, but I liked the Iron & Wine cover better simply for the stark contrast in style from the Postal Service. I've been through your 2003 comp once and there are some very interesting things on there that caught my ear, but I need to spend more time with it to give you any real opinions on particular tracks. Thanks in advance for the new package.

    Also, TV on the Radio's debut full-length is coming out in a few weeks - it should be a good one. The EP is just great and includes a doo wop cover of the Pixies' "Mr. Grieves."

    Stone

    N O W P L A Y I N G
    +/- - You Are Here
    Thanks a lot, Stone- I wuz starting to get an inferiority complex.........

    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Another 2003 comp if ya want one...
    By nobody in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 08:18 PM
  2. My top 10 of 2003
    By Jim Clark in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 04:24 PM
  3. Jar's 2003 comp
    By -Jar- in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 06:11 PM
  4. Season's Greetings 2003 (comp talk)
    By Davey. in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 05:13 AM
  5. Idea for a Beatles-related group comp
    By MindGoneHaywire in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •