Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pixies

9 75.00%
  • Modest Mouse

3 25.00%

March Music Madness: Pixies vs. Modest Mouse

Well, I guess we have to make this one official

Yes...I do feel like an idiot for voting for Modest Mouse, but I just never became a huge fan of The Pixies, mostly due, I'm assuming to under-exposure. I know they're legends and MM is really not in the same league, but the instruction is - pick your favorite, and since MM has become a post Y2K favorite for me...
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Well, most of you probably know by now that Modest Mouse is one of my favorite modern bands with a couple of my favorite albums in Lonesome Crowded West and Moon & Antarctica, but I think it's a mix of the Talking Heads and Pixies sound that takes them there for me. I can't see them ever meaning more to me than Talking Heads or the Pixies, even though there have been many times in the last decade that they have been more of a favorite listen. But the Pixies are the champs and I'm picking them to go all the way this year! Are you with me folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    But the Pixies are the champs and I'm picking them to go all the way this year! Are you with me folks?

My sources tell me that Miles Davis is this year's champ. Buzzer beater over the Pixies to take the crown. Take the Pixies and the points!
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    My sources tell me that Miles Davis is this year's champ.
    I like my rock and roll played by rock and rollers. Where did Miles wander in from anyway? I think he's in the wrong poll so I'm just gonna ignore him. I voted against him in the last round so he should be gone anyway

everyones's welcome here at MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    I like my rock and roll played by rock and rollers. Where did Miles wander in from anyway? I think he's in the wrong poll so I'm just gonna ignore him.
    Hey, I've been tempted to match up Beethoven vs. Mozart (there's alway next year )

I've also been enjoying the colorful metaphors that some people have come up with wrt to Miles Davis vs. ______:

This is like comparing
    Apples and oranges
    apples-to-raccoons
    anvils to pillows
    Micheal Jordan to Dan Marino

Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar

Lightbulb

As much as I like Modest Mouse (I have Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon & Antartica, Good News.. ), I have to say that this is another master v. apprentice match. And I think the likeness is more obvious than Pixies v. Nirvana.

At times Isaac Brock sounds like a near-dead ringer for Black Francis. Not at all a bad thing, though.

Must vote Pixies.. again. I suspect it'll be Miles v. Pixies this time 'round.. making a decision in that one will be like shooting one of my own children. ; P
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "

<b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

Thread Information