"Mandrill" by Mandrill

This band was very influential to me. Contemporaries of Santana but with an East Coast Afro Caribbean twist. This footage is from a NY Local Public Television Program from the late 60's and early 70's called "Soul". Soul offered live music, discussions and political commentary. I'd heard of Mandrill already, I was in a band and plugged into the scene. I saw this performance broadcast that night LIVE I've not seen it in almost 30 years. It is rare footage because it's their first TV appearence and all three of the Wilson Brothers are there. Amazing band, multicutural and multiracial before it became chic and hot as the fires of hell...

Mandrill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayhpzgUrPQM

Worf

I remember them. Don't think I ever owned any of their stuff, but I recall listening to this one quite a bit through friends:

----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

That's the right one to have...

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    I remember them. Don't think I ever owned any of their stuff, but I recall listening to this one quite a bit through friends:

Their finest album, without a doubt, without question. Their third album "Undisputed Truth" is a close second, but "Mandill Is" is their finest work.

Worf

I saw them live at the old Hershey Arena with Elf and...

...a third band I can't remember. I'll have to consult with some of my old friends who will likely remember, but that was a great show, at least what I can remember. Dang, I already mentioned this show the the earlier thread about Ronnie James Dio and his stomach cancer.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Is this Barbara or Charlene?
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Thread Information