Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Listening to tunes as the snow falls...and falls...and falls...

...and falls...and falls.

Yes, it's the biggest snowstorm in this area in better than 15 years I would guess. I believe we have somewhere close to 20" by now, although my niece who lives outside of D.C. told me they have 3 feet. Jumpin' Jehosaphat! They don't have the snow removal equipment down there that we have here, so they're in some deep doo-doo.

Meantime I just listened to The National's 'Boxer', Shearwater's 'Palo Santo', and getting ready to spin the new Spoon cd, 'Transference', in a a few minutes. What else can you do when the roads are basically impassable? I'm sure the plows will do their job and my all wheel drive vehicle will have no trouble moving me about when I need to, but for now, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

Swishdaddy - wants to get away to warmer climes
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    You should come to the Great White North. We have about 1/2 inch on the ground right now.

Hey, watch yourself when clearing the snow from your walk and driveway. An old guy like you can't be too careful.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I been listening to Midlake's new one and while it might be a good snowy day listen, I'm afraid its ultimately a boring, languid effort.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Ah weather...

I oiled up the snowblower, greased the shovels, got all ready to do battle! A piddly 3 feet, pheh! But nature had other ides for me. High pressure in central NY (Thanks Canada!) kept the mother of all snow storms to the south and east of us AGAIN! I'm sitting here in the cold sunshine... laffin' at dem Southerners "Slip Slidin' Away" !!!! LOL, paybacks a beyatch! All dem snarky emails I get from family and friends bout "movin' to da sunny south"! Pheh, take this you bastiches!!!!

Da "laughin' so hard I can't see straight" Worfster

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    We here in the Pungent Sound are enjoying our El Ninyo (can't do one those ~ over the letter). We've had an awesome winter thus far.

Go Colts!
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Thanks Canada!
    Oh behalf of all Canadians...You're very welcome.

It's a sunny -3C here today. Downright balmy for this time of year and a beautiful winter day.

Were you awake all night thinking up that one?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Hey, watch yourself when clearing the snow from your walk and driveway. An old guy like you can't be too careful.
    Come out and watch me play racquetball just one time and see how this 'old guy' moves on the court. Like greased lightning. Yeah, you heard me!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Come out and watch me play racquetball just one time and see how this 'old guy' moves on the court. Like greased lightning. Yeah, you heard me!
    Geez, a girl shows a little concern for her friend and this is the thanks she gets.

I never took you for a Grease fan.

I hope you didn't stay awake a second night...

I never took you for a Grease fan.
    ...thinking that one up (groan).

I tried to stay awake and think about you.

But it turned out to be a better cure for insomnia than counting sheep.

You should come to the Great White North. We have about 1/2 inch on the ground right now.
    I hear they're bringing in snow for the Olympics?!? WTF's up widdat?!?

Jeez alou.

They could have them in my town right now. More effin snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

Jeez alou.
    They're predicting at least 6" and possibly as much as a foot, and we have over a foot on the ground from last weekend. This is a bit unusual but I'm sure the climate change people can explain it.

Jeez alou.
    No kidding! The last two Canadian winters have been pretty harsh from coast to coast. But this winter has been unusually mild so far.

We're expecting about 6 - 8 cm tomorrow. But I'm a long way away from Vancouver. And we're supposed to have a mild weekend, so it'll probably melt.

You can import some of ours if you like.

No kidding! The last two Canadian winters have been pretty harsh from coast to coast. But this winter has been unusually mild so far.

We're expecting about 6 - 8 cm tomorrow. But I'm a long way away from Vancouver. And we're supposed to have a mild weekend, so it'll probably melt.
    They are now calling for more than a foot of this bull****, and possibly as much as 20" by the end of the storm. Everything is shutting down for tomorrow, including my employer as roads will be largely impassable. I have AWD and won't be worried about driving, but I really don't need to go anywhere. We have enough food and booze to hold out for a long time, so bring it on mofo!

I really wish you would take some. It's getting ridiculous!

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. We had more than our fair share of snow the last two winters. We've earned this mild year.

I do feel bad for you though. Snow sucks. Enjoy your day off work, at least.
    We already have over a foot and they are now predicting 2 feet or more total, which would certainly be one of the worst, if not the worst, snowstorm in history in this area. It's coming down at a rate of about 2" per hour, and it's not letting up. They're saying the heaviest band will be here tonight and they expect strong winds to follow. What fun. You clean up your sidewalk and driveway, and the wind will blow it shut again. Pass the Advil please.

That's insane. What on earth did you do to piss off Mother Nature so badly?!

Can you send some of that white stuff up Vancouver way?

Suspended
    finally just switched back to snow here after an inch and a half of ice on top of 7 inches of snow that I cleared at 5:30 this morning. They are still saying we should see another foot here also.

Hope I can make it home tonight. It's looking deep out there.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    They are still saying we should see another foot here also.
    Whomp. There it is.

For a bonus point, where is this foot from?

What do you know about this?

BTW...your bonus points would be more challenging if you could conceal the URL that you got it from.

What do you know about this?

BTW...your bonus points would be more challenging if you could conceal the URL that you got it from.
    Yeesh! I know nuhsink!

RR's parent company, MTBR, hides the urls when posted like that, so I just assumed RR did, too. My bad.

Suspended
    Whomp. There it is.

For a bonus point, where is this foot from?
    Looks like Monty Python

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    We've had the same dirty four inches of snow 'round these parts for three days. For some vexing reason they keep delaying/cancelling schools. We never missed class due to cold wind in my day...

Geeez, I'm sounding like a particularly old, resident geezer from this very place...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    We've had the same dirty four inches of snow 'round these parts for three days. For some vexing reason they keep delaying/cancelling schools. We never missed class due to cold wind in my day...

Geeez, I'm sounding like a particularly old, resident geezer from this very place...
    I'm working from home again today. i was supposed to have a 7am Webex with a European customer but after losing power from 3pm yesterday till 630am this morning i didn't know it was canceled.

We got 17 inches of snow, 1.5 inches of ice on top of last weeks 14inches.

I can't remember a winter like this in 35-40 years

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information