A list of old-timers

Printable View

  • 10-08-2015, 08:04 AM
    Finch Platte
    A list of old-timers
    Swish's response to Whooptee in another thread reminded me that I have a contact list from wayyyy back in the day when we used to do a lot of trading. Here are some, and I'll add more as the day goes on:

    Masonjar

    Chip B

    Jim Clark

    Snowbunny

    DLD

    YECH

    Maf/Ex-Lion Tamer

    Chrisnz

    Dave G

    Ibelafin

    Brad H

    Finch Platte

    Audiogirl

    Darren H

    V

    Rae

    JDaniel

    HYFI

    Audiobill

    PowerPopGuy/Klaatu76

    Davey

    Jack70

    DMK

    Kam

    Swish

    Alung

    3Lock Box

    Slosh

    Mosse Lips

    Mr. MidFi

    Barry L

    Forever Autumn

    Desade

    Tugmcmartin

    Hifi Bryan/Mr. Peabody

    Over50

    Allears

    Demetrio

    RPM

    DPM

    Dmb_fan

    Troy

    Stone

    Tentoze

    Nobody

    Skewiff

    Les

    Dusty Chalk



    Who'd I miss?
  • 10-08-2015, 06:22 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Hyfi and Peabody aren't the same guy.

    Yech isn't human and, therefore, doesn't count.

    I miss DarrenH, Mike, and Demetrio.
  • 10-09-2015, 04:31 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Swish's response to Whooptee in another thread reminded me that I have a contact list from wayyyy back in the day when we used to do a lot of trading. Here are some, and I'll add more as the day goes on:

    Masonjar
    Chip B
    Jim Clark
    Snowbunny
    DLD
    YECH
    Maf/Ex-Lion Tamer
    Chrisnz
    Dave G
    Ibelafin
    Brad H
    Finch Platte
    Audiogirl
    Darren H
    V
    Rae
    JDaniel
    HYFI
    Audiobill
    PowerPopGuy/Klaatu76
    Davey
    Jack70
    DMK
    Kam
    Swish
    Alung
    3Lock Box
    Slosh
    Mosse Lips
    Mr. MidFi
    Barry L
    Forever Autumn
    Desade
    Tugmcmartin
    Hifi Bryan/Mr. Peabody
    Over50
    Allears
    Demetrio
    RPM
    DPM
    Dmb_fan
    Troy
    Stone
    Tentoze
    Nobody
    Skewiff
    Les
    Dusty Chalk


    Who'd I miss?

    ME. Guess I rank somewhere behind Nobody.
  • 10-09-2015, 04:36 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Who'd I miss?

    ME. Guess I rank somewhere behind Nobody.

    A few more prominent names ...

    E-Stat
    Bobsticks
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Kexodisc
    Mike Anderson
    Dean_Martin
  • 10-09-2015, 09:09 AM
    recoveryone
    uhmmm Me
  • 10-09-2015, 10:22 AM
    Jack in Wilmington
    I'm still here.
  • 10-09-2015, 03:09 PM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hyfi and Peabody aren't the same guy.

    You sure?

    And as for you other imposters, you weren't on the mailing list. Get it together, men!
  • 10-10-2015, 05:28 AM
    JohnMichael
    I miss Bernd!
  • 10-10-2015, 06:22 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I miss Bernd!

    Me too, he was a real gentleman.

    ... Then there was Lexmark.
  • 10-10-2015, 04:49 PM
    Davey
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Who'd I miss?

    There used to be some very cool guy that hung around here known only as dbi, Mr. Mysterioso, he's the biggest emission :)

    Wait, that didn't come out right! Hey, I have some compilation mailing lists too, did a sort against yours and this is what happened ...

    Red Red Meat - There's a Star Above the Manger Tonight
    Bowery Electric - Beat
    American Analog Set - The Golden Band
    Songs: Ohia - Axxes and Ace
    Palace Music - Viva Last Blues
    Geraldine Fibbers - Lost Somewhere Between the Earth and My Home
    Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot
    Edith Frost - Calling Over Time
    Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
    Wheat - Hope and Adams
    Portishead - Dummy
    Silver Jews - American Water
    Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle
    Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
    Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
    Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
    PJ Harvey - Dry
    Tricky - Maxinquaye
    Richard Buckner - Devotion + Doubt
    Laika - Silver Apples of The Moon

    Oops, that's not right either, that's a best of the 90s list, and a damn good one too, let me try that again, here's a few that don't show on your comp list, though hard to compare since your list isn't even sorted, and some of them may be alternates, hard to keep track over the years ...

    aewingnut
    Beatlebob
    BillB
    bradc
    Captain Beyond
    cc
    CZ
    Daigoro
    Darius
    ddarch44
    Doug
    GinnyB
    Gurduloo
    J
    jamie
    jasn
    Jerry
    kks
    Mike
    Mike H
    Pelv
    Photo-John
    richmon
    rufus
    skippy
    slowride
    Steve H
    TBone
    that'samore
    ToddH/TodH
    Tony
    tonyw
    Umrswimr

    Heard from Rae recently, he's in the 2015 comp. cc posts some over at SHTV, Mike already stopped by, I sent out a bunch of PMs when I made that comp post, but not too much back. Still, getting close to reality, might almost have enough songs, have to check, maybe let it go on for another month.
  • 10-12-2015, 12:45 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    You sure?

    As sure as I can be about two people that I've never met. But it's the internet so for all I know they could both be women...or just one woman. :yikes:

    In fact, how do I know that YOU aren't a woman? :shocked:
  • 10-12-2015, 12:48 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I miss Bernd!

    Yeah, Bernd was great. I still make his Tarte au citron recipe every Christmas.
  • 10-12-2015, 02:16 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    that'samore

    That was me before one of the re-register periods. The system no longer accepted an apostrophe; ergo, dean_martin.
  • 10-12-2015, 02:23 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Yeah, Bernd was great. I still make his Tarte au citron recipe every Christmas.

    Bernd sent me several 12AX7 tubes. They were all singles to be used in my Bellari phono preamp which requires only one tube. I still use the Ei gold pin. He was/is a perfect gentleman (as noted by Feanor). I remember that recipe too.

    Oh, I have old private messages from Lensman and Resident Loser (and the banned one markw).
  • 10-13-2015, 09:09 PM
    unleasHell
    doesn't seem like you missed anyone...
  • 10-14-2015, 04:34 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    As sure as I can be about two people that I've never met. But it's the internet so for all I know they could both be women...or just one woman. :yikes:

    In fact, how do I know that YOU aren't a woman? :shocked:

    I'm sure. I don't have half the audio system he has, but if I did, I might be him.
  • 10-14-2015, 04:37 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    Bernd sent me several 12AX7 tubes. They were all singles to be used in my Bellari phono preamp which requires only one tube. I still use the Ei gold pin. He was/is a perfect gentleman (as noted by Feanor). I remember that recipe too.

    Oh, I have old private messages from Lensman and Resident Loser (and the banned one markw).

    Although MarkW was banned, he isn't who he appeared to be. We have spent many good times together with the wives over dinner and drinks and music. Unfortunately, he is currently battling Esophageal Cancer. Wish him well!
  • 10-14-2015, 05:57 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Although MarkW was banned, he isn't who he appeared to be. We have spent many good times together with the wives over dinner and drinks and music. Unfortunately, he is currently battling Esophageal Cancer. Wish him well!

    I think perhaps people are more self-indulgent online than in person. MarkW was aggressively rude to me personally and others too I'd say.
  • 10-14-2015, 06:34 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I think perhaps people are more self-indulgent online than in person. MarkW was aggressively rude to me personally and others too I'd say.

    He was the same with me also, and old threads will show how we banged heads many many times. After a while we figured out we had much in common and became friends. I didn't ask anyone to change their opinion, just to wish him well in his recovery.
  • 10-14-2015, 06:41 AM
    Feanor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    He {MarkW} was the same with me also, and old threads will show how we banged heads many many times. After a while we figured out we had much in common and became friends. I didn't ask anyone to change their opinion, just to wish him well in his recovery.

    Indeed, I certainly wish him the best in his battle with cancer.
  • 10-14-2015, 08:27 AM
    noddin0ff
    Oh no. I wish him well. While not attempting to defend his impact on others here, I really enjoyed what he brought to the board. I hope he defeats his cancer.
  • 10-14-2015, 08:33 AM
    Jim Clark
    Looks like a lot of people just dropped in to see what's up. Timing, huh? Trust everyone is doing well, jamming, and generally enjoying life. Now playing: Florasongs by The Decemberists.

    jc
  • 10-14-2015, 09:31 AM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Although MarkW was banned, he isn't who he appeared to be. We have spent many good times together with the wives over dinner and drinks and music. Unfortunately, he is currently battling Esophageal Cancer. Wish him well!

    Send my best wishes, if possible. Yeah, he could be a rascal on the boards, but we exchanged cordial private messages.
  • 10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    Send my best wishes, if possible. Yeah, he could be a rascal on the boards, but we exchanged cordial private messages.

    I was the same with YECH, we exchanged several compilations and insults. He seemed civil enough to me until I insulted him a bit too far (imagine THAT) and he disappeared.

    Hi, Jim Clark! Wow, long time!
  • 10-14-2015, 03:55 PM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    I hope he defeats his cancer.

    Me, too. Best thoughts sent his way.
  • 10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    Looks like a lot of people just dropped in to see what's up. Timing, huh? Trust everyone is doing well, jamming, and generally enjoying life. Now playing: Florasongs by The Decemberists.

    jc

    Wow, JC! Nice you see you. How's life?

    Hyfi, please give Mark my best wishes for a full recovery. Cancer sucks. I hope he beats the shit out of it.
  • 10-15-2015, 07:00 AM
    Mr Peabody
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hyfi and Peabody aren't the same guy.

    Yech isn't human and, therefore, doesn't count.

    I miss DarrenH, Mike, and Demetrio.

    Mr Peabody's partial actual name is Bryan with a "Y", Hyfi is Brian with an "I". Mr Peabody's partial emial contains "hifi" with an "I" and Hyfi is Hyfi with a "Y". LOL How is that for confusion?
  • 10-15-2015, 07:18 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Mr Peabody's partial actual name is Bryan with a "Y", Hyfi is Brian with an "I". Mr Peabody's partial emial contains "hifi" with an "I" and Hyfi is Hyfi with a "Y". LOL How is that for confusion?

    Hyfi's email does not contain any of it.

    I have partially retired that moniker as I join new forums as Shadowfax. I hate that I picked Hyfi in the first place, but it was out of desperation while trying to create an account and everything I picked said it was already taken.
  • 10-15-2015, 06:48 PM
    Swish
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Yeah, Bernd was great. I still make his Tarte au citron recipe every Christmas.

    WTF is a Tarte au citron? A lemon tart with vodka or something? I'm not a big dessert fan. I'd rather more booze...as you well know.
  • 10-15-2015, 06:50 PM
    Swish
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Although MarkW was banned, he isn't who he appeared to be. We have spent many good times together with the wives over dinner and drinks and music. Unfortunately, he is currently battling Esophageal Cancer. Wish him well!

    Damn. Can't say I remember him or his rude comments that got him banned. Cancer sucks though. Had a minor incident myself but it's all good.
  • 10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
    Swish
    Seriously? You insulted him 'too much'? I joined 'anti-prog' movement, not because I truly hate prog (I do), but because it made me laugh until beer shot out of my nose ("I will pray for your soul"). He went off the deep end, as you all know, and that was it for me.
  • 10-16-2015, 11:37 AM
    Mr Peabody
    I used to have richmond's email but lost it when I had to upgrade computers.

    Who was the guy that is Markw best friend here, he used to have the highest number of posts, over 10k, really didn't talk audio much but was always funny? Man, i am drawing a blank. And, who was the young buy from Belguim who had the Mac gear?

    I didn't see Topspeed here, did I miss it? Where's Woochifer? Is Geoffcin still lerking behind the sceens? Oh, what about Nightflier?Filecat13 pops in occasionally.

    Did the guy who posted from Jamaicca get baned or did he just fade away?

    Who misses Pixelthis?
  • 10-16-2015, 11:51 AM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I used to have richmond's email but lost it when I had to upgrade computers.

    Who was the guy that is Markw best friend here, he used to have the highest number of posts, over 10k, really didn't talk audio much but was always funny? Man, i am drawing a blank. And, who was the young buy from Belguim who had the Mac gear?

    I didn't see Topspeed here, did I miss it? Where's Woochifer? Is Geoffcin still lerking behind the sceens? Oh, what about Nightflier?Filecat13 pops in occasionally.

    Did the guy who posted from Jamaicca get baned or did he just fade away?

    Who misses Pixelthis?

    I heard Pixelthis got his gender reassignment surgery and she's now a spokes model for Visio.
  • 10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
    noddin0ff
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    he used to have the highest number of posts, over 10k, really didn't talk audio much but was always funny?

    GMichael?
  • 10-16-2015, 07:38 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    GMichael?

    That's him! Thanks

    Hey, I remembered another, BadAssJazz
  • 10-16-2015, 08:33 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Basite, is the young guy I was trying to remember from Belgium. And! Ajani, the guy from Jamaica.

    There was that period I was gone due to some type of computer issue so I am out of the loop if there's a reason some haven't been here. There's a lot of audio forums and who knows what makes the thrive. Audio Asylum has a lot of members but it's fairly slow as well but depends on the forum. It would and has been nice to see some of the old timers drop in.
  • 10-17-2015, 08:00 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    WTF is a Tarte au citron? A lemon tart with vodka or something? I'm not a big dessert fan. I'd rather more booze...as you well know.

    It's French you Neanderthal!

    Bernd was a chef.
  • 10-17-2015, 08:01 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    GMichael?

    GMichael is alive and well. I keep in touch with him.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
    Basite, is the young guy I was trying to remember from Belgium.


    Basite was a cool kid. Very smart and mature for his age, if that was his real age. I still don't really believe he was that young.
  • 10-18-2015, 11:27 AM
    thekid
    Well the list has a few names that I recall from when I this site was bit more active.
  • 10-18-2015, 12:19 PM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thekid View Post
    Well the list has a few names that I recall from when I this site was bit more active.

    A bit? A BIT?!?