Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

Less doomed…but still possibly doomed.

Yes, this thread is Less Doomed than Before But Still Possibly DOOMED.

To reprise: the deal.

1) Pick NO MORE than 2 songs released in the second four months of 2012 (that would be MAY, JUNE, JULY, or AUGUST) that are your pick for best song(s) from this time.

2) Upload the song(s) and provide link to forum or to PM.

3) If unable to do #2

then name the song and beg someone else to do #2.

4) I will collect and compilationize them. Depending on number, might just be a mini, but I will accumulate all for a year ender.

4a) If someone else also wants to try a hand a compilationalizing, go for it.

5) I will repeat again in 4 months. This here thread being the second installment.

6) If you've been in a box...

part 1 is here
    TCA ATT GGA

Got 'em, Slosh. Thanks
    TCA ATT GGA

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    Yes, this thread is Less Doomed than Before But Still Possibly DOOMED.

To reprise: the deal.

1) Pick NO MORE than 2 songs released in the second four months of 2012 (that would be MAY, JUNE, JULY, or AUGUST) that are your pick for best song(s) from this time.

2) Upload the song(s) and provide link to forum or to PM.

3) If unable to do #2

then name the song and beg someone else to do #2.

4) I will collect and compilationize them. Depending on number, might just be a mini, but I will accumulate all for a year ender.

4a) If someone else also wants to try a hand a compilationalizing, go for it.

5) I will repeat again in 4 months. This here thread being the second installment.

6) If you've been in a box...

part 1 is here
    You were correct; this thread was doomed to fail lol!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Couple new ones posted up at my song of the day link.

The top one on the list right now is "Nothin But Time" from the upcoming Cat Power record. Not released yet, so just 320 MP3. Probably doesn't count for this doomed compilation since it is lossy (I'll update link when lossless version becomes available), but some pretty nice stuff that could stay on repeat for half the day and I wouldn't mind. It's a long one that borrows a lot from David Bowie's "Heroes", but shifts it toward advice for her younger self (and of course all young women, and maybe her 40 year old self too). Pretty cool as it winds along toward the end, to hear Chan and Iggy Pop singing "It's up to you to be a superhero"... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22278349/Cat...But%20Time.mp3

Below that is another long and dreamy one from the new Antlers EP called "Endless Ladder". Just a simple musing about our place in time, nothing deep or all that meaningful, it's more about the music and the flow, which does seem kind of timeless now that I think about it.... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22278349/Ant...%20Ladder.flac

Cat Power can be replaced by the Julia Holter song further down the page since that is lossless... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22278349/Jul...r%20Felix.flac ... or maybe for something a little more upbeat, the "Waveforms" song by Django Django from their new debut, a sound a bit like the Super Furries and Beta Band... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22278349/Dja...Waveforms.flac
    Last edited by Davey; 08-18-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks, Davey. Was away for a few days but have now grabbed them. And thanks for the heads up on upcoming Cat Powers.
    TCA ATT GGA

I keep meaning to do this. I need to figure out what songs are from what months. I am not so organized to know that level of specificity off hand.

Teetering on the brink of doom...

I'm not going to be hard core about exact dates. I just think it's an interesting take on the comp to try to bracket the year chronologically into 3 parts. :-)
    TCA ATT GGA

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    First off...

beg someone else to do #2.
    eeewwwww!!!

I'll try to get some stuff up this weekend, if unable to upload from my PC.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

OK, so I'm really, really late. But here's a couple burned off vinyl.

There's F, by Bits of ****, a band I learned of from Stone. F is one of the most fun guitar driven instrumentals I've heard in a long time. Really fun, uptempo tune. I never seem to be able to play this one only one time.

And, there's Chillll by Traxman. A totally different direction but another instrumental. This one is a laid back example of Chicago style footwork music. It's kinda dance music, kinda hip hop, kinda electro. Multiple beats of different tempos mixed together with slow melodies holding it together. I don't know a lot about this style but I like what little I've heard. Uploaded one of the more laid back and accessible tracks off that one.

So..here's a link:
    Zippyshare.com - Shared Tracks of Doom.zip

I almost considered...since the submissions are slow...uploading a 20 minute instrumental 12" I got, but thought maybe that would be overkill.

pulling back from the brink of DOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    OK, so I'm really, really late.
    No worries. I'm not rushing to my doom.

But here's a couple burned off vinyl.
    Got 'em and looking forward to listening

I almost considered...since the submissions are slow...uploading a 20 minute instrumental 12" I got, but thought maybe that would be overkill.
    I'd be into it. The worst that can happen is someone can delete 'em. I don't burn disks anymore so there's no time limit for my listening :-)

3LB?
    TCA ATT GGA

Next time I'm home for more than 10 minutes (increasingly rare it seems), I'll upload a lengthy one then.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Last weekend I spent over in eastern WA at the Gorge for Dave Matthews Band, then 4 straight days of 12 hour shifts. I'll have time this weekend hopefully.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Last Call

Gonna start stringing what I have together and hopefully get it out this week.

3LB you can try naming the tracks, there's always a small chance I might have 'em. Or someone with high bandwidth can get them to me.
    TCA ATT GGA

If it's not too late and you need to fill up space, here's an 11 minute slow dubby electronic instrumental:

Strategy: Super Awareness is Strange Fruit.
    Zippyshare.com - 01 Super Awareness is Fruit.flac

Alrighty. It is finished. Good stuff again and a much different mix than Act I. I was having a good time just listening to the batch on random shuffle but eventually settled on the order below. I'll be curious if anyone would like to string them together differently. The flow here is a more canonical steady rock through to odd and moody.

I confess to breaking my own rules and padding this out with 4 tracks of my own (3, 5, 8, 9). I upgraded #7 to lossless. I really liked Chilllll and Endless Ladder. But all were pretty good. nobody got the last track in just under the wire. It had that trance like feel of those perpetual groove tracks at the end of an LPs so it fits nicely on the end.

01 Long Way Up - Three Mile Pilot (Slosh)
    02 Live To Rise - Soundgarden (Slosh)
    03 I've Seen Footage - Death Grips (noddin0ff)
    04 F - Bits of **** (nobody)
    05 A Ring on Every Finger - Liars (noddin0ff)
    06 Chilllll - Traxman (nobody)
    07 Waveforms - Django Django (Davey)
    08 Hot Knife - Fiona Apple (noddin0ff)
    09 Among the Leaves - Sun Kil Moon (noddin0ff)
    10 Für Felix - Julia Holter (Davey)
    11 Endless Ladder - The Antlers (Davey)
    12 Nothin but Time - Cat Power (Davey)
    13 Super Awareness is Strange Fruit - Strategy (nobody)

FLAC is a 3-part download. You will need all parts ONE, TWO, THREE

256vbr MP3 is just one (79MB)

Jewelcase Art
    TCA ATT GGA

bump.
    TCA ATT GGA

Thread Information