Thread: Led Zeppelin

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar

Led Zeppelin

Whats the best remaster of any of the CD's? How does how the west was won sound?
    Look & Listen

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I found the remasters to be small but consistent improvments. I did replace I-IV and Physical Graffiti, but not the others. I and II really benefited IMO.
    West Was Won sounds like old music captured on a CD. Not the greatest sound, but a necessary addition to their catalogue. I'd recommend their DVD instead, but that's just me.

Not just you

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I found the remasters to be small but consistent improvments. I did replace I-IV and Physical Graffiti, but not the others. I and II really benefited IMO.
    West Was Won sounds like old music captured on a CD. Not the greatest sound, but a necessary addition to their catalogue. I'd recommend their DVD instead, but that's just me.
    I have the first box set (the one with the crop circles on the cover). I found that these offered slight sonic improvement, most notably in the mid-bass. But you have to remember that albums III thru Physical Graffiti were recorded using a portable recording studio, in less than adequate surroundings. I think the current remasters are as good as its gonna get.

However, I'd have to emphasize what you said. The DVD is the holy grail of Led Zep sets; blows the movie Song Remains The Same away for both sound quality and performance.

Thread Information