Forum Regular

Killed By Sinatra

Today I bought a cd for the first time ever just to resell and maybe make some money. I found an excellent condition used copy of Frank Sinatra Duets on DCC Classic Gold Disc. For $9.00 how wrong could I go. Pretty wrong indeed! First the music is awful. Secondly when I went to post it on eBay it wasn't exactly the "collector's" item I thought. Looks like this title can be had for a "dime a dozen".

That's the last time I try and be smart.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

One word...

Quote Originally Posted by mwheelerk
    Today I bought a cd for the first time ever just to resell and maybe make some money. I found an excellent condition used copy of Frank Sinatra Duets on DCC Classic Gold Disc. For $9.00 how wrong could I go. Pretty wrong indeed! First the music is awful. Secondly when I went to post it on eBay it wasn't exactly the "collector's" item I thought. Looks like this title can be had for a "dime a dozen".

Research.

Moderator!

Please move this to the eBay forum!!!!!!!! Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fp

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

gimmie a break

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Please move this to the eBay forum!!!!!!!! Hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fp
    Your thread is back in R-R. Enjoy
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar

Want a very good FS,get the Sinatra Reprise,the very good years. Excellent recording and great msic.
    Look & Listen

Yeah, those DCC Gold and Mofi discs are not all created equal. Pink Floyd = Goldmine, I guess the Chairman is something less. Those of us who spend too much time in the used stores can get a little feel for the more valued titles. I've seen some Queen titles dumped in droves. Maybe someday you'll stumble across a fanatic and it will find a home.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Forum Regular

Homeward Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Yeah, those DCC Gold and Mofi discs are not all created equal. Pink Floyd = Goldmine, I guess the Chairman is something less. Those of us who spend too much time in the used stores can get a little feel for the more valued titles. I've seen some Queen titles dumped in droves. Maybe someday you'll stumble across a fanatic and it will find a home.

jc

Hey this thing found a home already. Traded right back in at another shop. I got $8 of the $9 I spent back and feel darn lucky.

Now if I could only get myself a copy of U2 Joshua Tree on MFSL and Jackson Browne's Late For The Sky and The Pretender on DCC Classic Gold (for under $50 no less) I would be a happy (and lucky) boy.

Forum Regular

How can you swing with strings?

I'd like to be smart and do my research too. So does the Reprise have the version of New York New York without the violins? Or is there a stripped down version without the fricken strings?

Thread Information