Thread: Iron & Wine

Forum Regular

Iron & Wine

Really enjoying the latest from Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog.

It still features his trademark vocals but this time Sam has added a new dimension to his sound with added instruments rather than just his guitar. Anbybody else into this great album, for this type of genre it's the best so far this year IMO.

I use to confuse him with Sufjan Stevens until I realised it was two different artists!

Cheers
    Mike

I have it but have only given it a couple of distracted listens so far. I like In The Reins a whole lot better than Iron & Wine on their own but even so I'll give it a chance (I'm not very impressed by Our Endless Numbered Days either).
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Iron & Wine's

I've actually had little time to listen in the last 6 months primarily due to work demands and the terminal illness of my elderly father. However, tonight afforded a longer than usual listening session & was perfectly timed with the latest Acoustic Sounds receipt of 3 new LPs including "The Shepherd's Dog". It has been in constant rotation & I will say at this point, it is my favorite of the 3 latest LP acquisitions which included Spoons "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" and the latest Steve Hoffman remaster of ZZ Top's "tres hombres".
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Iron & Wine "The Shepherd's Dog"

I've actually had little time to listen in the last 6 months primarily due to work demands and the terminal illness of my elderly father. However, tonight afforded a longer than usual listening session & was perfectly timed with the latest Acoustic Sounds receipt of 3 new LPs including "The Shepherd's Dog". It has been in constant rotation & I will say at this point, it is my favorite of the 3 latest LP acquisitions which included Spoons "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" and the latest Steve Hoffman remaster of ZZ Top's "tres hombres".
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Thread Information