Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

ID a song with little to go on?

I've got a fragment of a song stuck in my head and I want to figure out what the hell it is before it drives me nuts. I remember hearing the original probably over a decade ago and laughing at the absurd 'brilliance' of it. A couple days ago, I was in an airport restaurant a and heard some gawd-awful-dance-pop--remix-for-a-tequila-bar version but could only really hear the 'signature' bit, and not enough to catch any useful lyrics... So. Here's what I've got.

The most identifiable feature of the song is a male vocal bit. Imagine a guy with his mouth half open, tongue kinda floppy, maybe shaking his head a little and then clumsily 'singing' a descending sliding scale of about 2 octaves while stoned and completely uninhibited. It takes about 2-3 bars/measures (8-12 beats) so it's kind of drawn out and sloppy sounding.

It's not quality singing, it sounds like maybe it's coming from the lower brainstem.

Put a nearly danceable rhythm behind it and some irony.

any help?
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 02-29-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    TCA ATT GGA

thats nothing to go on! someone would have had to see the video to know what you are talking about.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    If you can come up with even a snippet of a lyric, you can google it. I do that all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    If you can come up with even a snippet of a lyric, you can google it. I do that all time.
    Yeah. i wish. I'm really good with google and two words, but I got nada here.

However I'm absolutely positive my description above is 100% diagnostic, if someone knows the song. I added a little more detail, not that it helps...

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    thats nothing to go on! someone would have had to see the video to know what you are talking about.
    I'm really hoping to find the video!
    TCA ATT GGA

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    go take a shower. If I have an epiphany in such cases, that's where it usually happens - there, or in surroundings that I somehow associate with the song. Your predicament has often served as the impetus of a sitcom episode.

Ok. I finally resorted to googling "song with guy mumbling" and guess what...I follow a couple links and here it is. I guess "gawd-awful-dance-pop--remix-for-a-tequila-bar version" was the original. Maybe not as brilliant overall as I remembered but the refrain "ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus
    ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus " is pure genius. heh heh.

I'm glad I can clear this one out of my head now. :-)

And the lyrics

ooohuuu yehaaa ... sea.. sou.. jhonn macarron.. yeah macarron nooon
    Chacarron, Chacaron, Chacarron, Chacarron, ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus

refrain:
    Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron Chacarron, n', aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron

ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus
    ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus

refrain

Chacarron, Chacarron, Chacarron, Chacarron, ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus

Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron,, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, n', Chacarron,, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron

aluealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus ...ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus

refrain

refrain2:
    Chacarron, Chacarro (3x)

Dududadede dudadade do guduguda dubu Chacarron
    Bana blue

Macarrón...

Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron,, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, aluealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus ...ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus

Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron Chacarron, n', Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron

Chacarron, Chacarron
    Chacarron, Chacarron,,

ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus ...ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus,,, alsualsualualauusualulus

Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron,, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron Chacarron, n, Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron

ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus, alsualsualualauusualulus ...ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus

refrain

refrain2

Dududadede dudadadedo guduguda dubu Chacarron
    Bana blueendubu tu

Macarrón is a ro

Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron,, Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, aluealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus ...ualuealuealeuale ualuelaelaellalea, alsualsualualauusualulus alsualsualualauusualulus

Chacarron, Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron, n', Chacarron, aliluliron, Chacarron, Chacarron

TCA ATT GGA

And just to keep on rolling with the idiocy. I now remember why that song was so stuck in my head. It was this little gem of internet memes

Click on it, you won't regret it (much).

TCA ATT GGA

yeah, I would never have got that : )
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

The song was in spanish!!!!!!!!! LOL
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

I thought....

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post

Click on it, you won't regret it (much).
    I thought I was in the worst song thread.
    "A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission" - Rush

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

I'll say this...

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    The most identifiable feature of the song is a male vocal bit. Imagine a guy with his mouth half open, tongue kinda floppy, maybe shaking his head a little and then clumsily 'singing' a descending sliding scale of about 2 octaves while stoned and completely uninhibited. It takes about 2-3 bars/measures (8-12 beats) so it's kind of drawn out and sloppy sounding.

It's not quality singing, it sounds like maybe it's coming from the lower brainstem.
    You actually did describe it pretty well.

The Batman clip was hilarious...for about the first 15 seconds.

That batman thing cracks me up. It originally circulated as an animated gif file from the parent site YTMND - Batman: ualuealuealeuale but I couldn't get that site to load so I went with the youtube clip. Which is still pretty funny for 15 seconds but lacks the 'charm' of the original.

I was looking up Chacarron on wiki. It says "The song has gained popularity on the Internet because of its nonsense lyrics (which are nothing but gibberish consisting of various onomatopoeic sounds, such as the "nuh" noise, ... Andy’s mumbled vocals were originally laid down as a rough skit with a view to writing "proper" lyrics later but because many fans loved what he had recorded, they decided to keep the original version"

So although Spanish-ish its really mostly gibberish.
    TCA ATT GGA

Thread Information