LDL
    Forum Regular

So Much Knowledge

You guys are so well informed.You know more about my era of music than I do! Did you have "cool" moms and dads? Or did you have a older brother,that thought no one was listening,Like 3-LockBox did? I have enjoyed this site very much! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LDL
    You guys are so well informed.You know more about my era of music than I do!
    Actually, most of us are just very immature and refuse to grow up. But if you wanna call that well informed, who am I to argue. Keep posting, and we'll keep pretending to know something!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Actually, most of us are just very immature and refuse to grow up. But if you wanna call that well informed, who am I to argue. Keep posting, and we'll keep pretending to know something!

Yeh- I'll pretend to know all about synths.............and prog- yeh, that's the ticket.

----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

You guys are so well informed.You know more about my era of music than I do! Did you have "cool" moms and dads? Or did you have a older brother,that thought no one was listening,Like 3-LockBox did? I have enjoyed this site very much! Thanks
    My parents? Cool? For real? Not a chance. How do you think I turned out so uncool?

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Actually, I do credit my dad for introducing me to music. When I was 5 or 6, he reclaimed his 45s (mostly stuff from the 60s) from my grandma's house and I was hooked.

It's good to see new people around here, so join in and I hope you stick around.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

dld
    Forum Regular
    Depends on how you define cool? Al Hirt, Boots Randolph, Herb Alpert? Not very by our music listening standards. But,

they never dissed Barry McGuire, The Beatles, Yardbirds, Kinks, Cream, Big Brudder and da Holdin Company, Hendrix, etc. My sister and I could own anything we could afford. I remember the night we all sat down together to watch the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. So I gotta call em pretty darn cool when it came down to letting us develop our own tastes.
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Forum Regular
    My parents were cool, I guess, somewhat.

I had 2 older sisters who were big time into music which might have pushed me to getting into this ridiculously obsessive hobby.

Some of us here know quite a bit, some of us know little, but we do help each other out and recommend stuff and sometimes even a comp or 2,000,000,000 are offered.

Dave

Suspended
    I almost concused your moniker with DLD and wondered why you said what you did. I am the youngest of 5. My mom is real cool but dad is old fashioned and scared of everything. My older brothers broke the folks in with music, drugs, cars, motorcycles, ect. All I had to do was follow by not doing all the things they did to get into trouble.

My oldest bro was building Dynaco, Heathkit and Hafler stereos on the kitchen table from the time I could walk. There was always at least one stereo playing if not 3. I do like Big Band and Swing music but never could appreciate Frank Sinatra. My brothers introduced me to everything from Simon and Garfunkle to Zappa. Between that and hanging out here for a few years, my range of listening pleasures has greatly increased having been introduced to lots I would never have heard of. That being said, I am also aware of a lot of groups that I think suck, but thats only my narrow minded opinion.

Welcome! Stay and play.

Hyfi

Thread Information