Suspended

I found Neil Diamond Prog something

I ended up with a Neil Diamond album out of a box of used vinyl I purchased. My impression of Neil Diamond was someone grandma's listened to who had a few pop hits. I cleaned up the vinyl and gave it a listen to see what the quality would be like. Man, was I surprised. I can't think of anyone else who has a bigger melting pot of musical styles. He defy's classification. I mean I can understand grandma listen to the big lush strings but when the song explodes and Neil is practically screaming? Conversely, rock fans may enjoy the sometimes loud vocals and power guitar but may be lost when that gives way to a quite acoustic passage or leads into a big orchestral stretch. His songs are seldom the same tempo or style throughout. I would call Neil Prog something. This guy has songs that start out with an orchestral intro and then breaks into a kind of bouncing country rythym, one song started out with a power guitar riff and pounding kick drum to only give way to Neil, his acoustic guitar and a very lush string accompaniment, what do you call it? I thoroughly enjoyed the album and have since picked up a couple more at a thrift store. The sound quality of each album have been excellent. The string arrangements are great and recorded very well in my opinion.

My collection is a wide variety of rock, some jazz and classical. Anyone else a Neil Diamond fan let me know what kind of people is Neil's fan base.

Yeah, I've always liked Neil Diamonds style. You may also like this DVD concert if you have DTS and a 5.1 system: The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over. It has great video and the recording mix is outstanding.

Thread Information