Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205

    How come so many members are invisible?

    It looks like 6 of the 22 members logged in right now have elected to be invisible and I'm just wondering why? Seems more fun to know who's hanging out. Guess people have their reasons though.

    I can guess who a couple of them are but that's about it :-)

  2. #2
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    below the noise floor
    Posts
    3,636

    Hey Davey. (pronounced, "Davey-Dot")

    I don't know. I guess I just don't like reminding people of my existence.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

  3. #3
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    20

    Talking I thought about doing that

    You know after my little hissy fit but as the the Eagles would say get over it and I have .
    The Nelster

  4. #4
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Hey Davey. (pronounced, "Davey-Dot")
    Yeah, I wish I could just be un-dotted Davey but I already wasted way too much time on it and couldn't get Chris to delete the "old" davey account so I could use the name (guess he has too much other stuff going on right now :-)). Maybe sometime in the future I can drop the silly dot or just come up with a new and better moniker, one that will withstand the test of time. Although that's why I'm trying to use Davey :-)

  5. #5
    Forum Regular Snowbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Third Igloo on the Right
    Posts
    737

    Welcome to the board, Daveydot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    It looks like 6 of the 22 members logged in right now have elected to be invisible and I'm just wondering why? Seems more fun to know who's hanging out. Guess people have their reasons though.

    I can guess who a couple of them are but that's about it :-)
    Its about time you showed up here! Lots of invisible people, eh? Well, given the choice I think I'd rather choose flying as my super power. How about you?

    Snowbuns

    PS Thanks for the private message. They obviously don't have censors for that option! Good thing its snowing here or I'd about burn up!!!

  6. #6
    Close 'n PlayŽ user Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Highway 6, between Tonopah and Ely
    Posts
    2,318
    I keep myself logged in all the time and this computer is never turned off so it would look like I am always here when in fact, I'm only here a little.

    For the life of me, I cannot post an attached image!

  7. #7
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Welcome to the board, Daveydot!
    Thanks, I feel at home already!

    Cute little animated bunny you got there but I couldn't help but notice that the carrot seems to ocasionally be involved in an activity that....er...well...let's just say it may not be suitable for a family audience. But then again, maybe it's just me and my monitor

    Just kidding, you know like

  8. #8
    Forum Regular Snowbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Third Igloo on the Right
    Posts
    737

    You're such a perv....

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Thanks, I feel at home already!

    Cute little animated bunny you got there but I couldn't help but notice that the carrot seems to ocasionally be involved in an activity that....er...well...let's just say it may not be suitable for a family audience. But then again, maybe it's just me and my monitor

    Just kidding, you know like

    Well, when I turn off the lights and squint really hard your frog's eyes look like a woman's breasts.

    Sheesh, why can't I get smilies in my message....:-P

  9. #9
    Forum Regular Whooptee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    74
    Hi davey dot and everyone,

    I wonder if the "site newbie" designation gets changed after a certain amount of time from your first post (this is my first over here) or if it takes some certain number of posts. I wish the list of posts would sort in the order they were received instead of by the last date a reply was posted. Anyways, just thought I'd post something and see how my little avatar guy looks and start the ticker on getting a designation other than "site newbie" (in case it's the former system above).

    John

  10. #10
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Well, when I turn off the lights and squint really hard your frog's eyes look like a woman's breasts.
    Yeah, I find myself thinking about women's breasts alot lately too but thought that might be a little too personal to talk about here. As long as you brought it up though ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Sheesh, why can't I get smilies in my message....:-P
    Are you sure you don't have them disabled in the options when you post and do you have the standard tool bar selected in your profile options? You should see a smiley box next to the reply box and clicking on one will insert the text wherever the cursor is at that time, or you can just type it in if smilies are enabled. That's as far as my smiley expertise extends.

    BTW, did you know that my frog buddy is the cover of a Jim O'Rourke EP? Halfway to a Threeway. You may recall the tilte track from that Mermaid comp I did a long, long time ago. He's pretty cute, eh? The frog I mean, not that little trollboy Jim O

  11. #11
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    It looks like 6 of the 22 members logged in right now have elected to be invisible and I'm just wondering why? Seems more fun to know who's hanging out. Guess people have their reasons though.
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could really turn invisible. Doesn't seem to work out so great in the movies though...

    I choose to stay invisible for the same reason as Troy. With cable access it looks like I'm here even when I'm not. I'm thinking of maybe turning it off, I get a kick out of seeing who's on, whether they are really there or not. Yesterday I saw Digital G browsing the forum-that guy was great! Today I see BT3 surfing the forum-

    Hello there BT3! Water under the bridge or are you still pissed at me?

    jc
    Last edited by Jim Clark; 11-19-2003 at 06:34 AM.
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  12. #12
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769

    Talking Smiley help to the rescue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Sheesh, why can't I get smilies in my message....:-P
    Are smilies a chick thing? Most of the boys around here have stated their disdain for our little smiley friends, but us girls seem to like them. (no offense intended for our male friends who do happen to like smilies).

    Smilies around here don't have noses. Just a colon and a bracket.

  13. #13
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    I choose to stay invisible for the same reason as Troy. With cable access it looks like I'm here even when I'm not.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you'll only be shown viewing the page if you leave it displayed on your computer, right? Or is that what you and Troy are saying that you do, leaving the page active on your display all day?

    Invisibility would only be fun if you could easily turn it on and off. It would get kind of lonely if you got stuck with it. But like those "Wanna get away?" commercials on TV for one of the airlines, it sure would be nice once in a while

  14. #14
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Or is that what you and Troy are saying that you do, leaving the page active on your display all day?
    Yep, that's what I'm saying the page stays on pretty much all day. When I get home I hit refresh and settle in for a quick peek at what's going on. Fairly good system for me since I don't visit too many other sites and the boys have their own PC with access.

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  15. #15
    Forum Regular Snowbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Third Igloo on the Right
    Posts
    737

    Jim Clark's a trollboy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    BTW, did you know that my frog buddy is the cover of a Jim O'Rourke EP? Halfway to a Threeway. You may recall the tilte track from that Mermaid comp I did a long, long time ago. He's pretty cute, eh? The frog I mean, not that little trollboy Jim Clark
    Of course, I remember that disturbing song about the menage a trois! Great song. Did you ever get into that cd I sent you with him in cartoon drag on the cover?

  16. #16
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    .....not that little trollboy Jim Clark
    Hey, that's not what I said! If you are gonna start misquoting me, I'm gonna have a word with the management.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Of course, I remember that disturbing song about the menage a trois! Great song. Did you ever get into that cd I sent you with him in cartoon drag on the cover?
    He is a strange guy and that is a good CD. I listened to it a lot back then but haven't in a long time. Eureka is still my favorite. He's in Sonic Youth now. Don't know what else he's doing.

  17. #17
    Forum Regular Snowbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Third Igloo on the Right
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    He's in Sonic Youth now. Don't know what else he's doing.
    No freakin' way! In Sonic Youth? Isn't he an old guy like you?

    Winning is everything!

  18. #18
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    No freakin' way! In Sonic Youth? Isn't he an old guy like you?
    Silly wabbit! Sonic Youth is a bunch of old codgers, just like us


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •