Happy New Year people!

My current spouse and I went to dinner with best bud Bob and his wife and 12 year old daughter, then they came over to our place to watch a movie, listen to toons, and play some games until the clock struck midnight.

What was the last thing you listened to in 2011? For us it was 'Boxer' by The National.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Happy New Year!

We spent the evening with some good friends at someone's house. We listened to a lot of music last night but I think that the last thing we heard before turning on the TV to watch the countdown was Pink Floyd's Meddle. That was preceded by some Rolling Stones, REM, and Muse.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Happy New Year!

After Lady Gaga performed I muted the TV and listened to Lucinda Williams. As Dick Clark, who seems to be recovering nicely, counted down I marvelled how they can get so much spray tan on one man.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

In regard to Lady Gaga...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Happy New Year!

After Lady Gaga performed I muted the TV and listened to Lucinda Williams. As Dick Clark, who seems to be recovering nicely, counted down I marvelled how they can get so much spray tan on one man.
    ...I would have muted while she was performing and listened to Lucinda.

Can I ask which Lucinda record you played? I recently spun her S/T, Car Wheels, and her latest, Blessed. All are quite nice, but I think Car Wheels is still her best.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I love her "Live @ the Fillmore" and that is what I was listening to last night. I love "World Without Tears" she can sing about pain and a hard life better than anyone I know. "West" is also excellent. "Little Honey" is a little too upbeat for me. I have Car Wheels but I do not listen to it often. I will have to give it a listen tonight.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Happy new year everyone. Last thing I heard was Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup. Ugh. Would have preferred Lady Gaga.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The wife and I went to a private party with about 70 others to a fixed-up barn my buddy owns. We grubbed, drank and danced to a local bar band, who played mostly bar band stuff. Anyone here two-step? I ain't ashamed!

First thing I spun this year... my head.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Hmm. . . let's see. The next morning the latest Wilco cd was out, Magnetic Fields' Holiday and The National's High Violet were on the coffee table. Funkadelic's Uncle Jam Wants You was in the just played stack. Three REM albums were in the to-play stack. I remember playing guitar and working on a new song. Not sure what I heard last. Probably "Desert Island". I played that track several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    My current spouse ...
    How many more do you plan to have?

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone!

I don't recall exactly the last thing listened to in 2011, but I believe it was this on vinyl:

And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

42 Regular
    I got some gift-card goodies for Xmas, which I used to acquire The Handsome Furs' Face Control, The Vaccines' debut disc, the latest one from Deer Tick, and Lou Reed's Live at Lollapalooza DVD. One of those (or possibly the new Black Keys album?) was the last thing I played in '11.

The first thing played in '12 was definitely The Whole Love.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

It's a running joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How many more do you plan to have?

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone!

I don't recall exactly the last thing listened to in 2011, but I believe it was this on vinyl:

I had a sales rep in Ohio who was married for the second time and, jokingly, introduced his wife to me as his 'current spouse'. I liked it so much that I hijacked it. I don't plan on divorcing anytime soon. My current spouse might be, but I'm not.

Not my Blu-ray or my choice. Very nice production values (DTS-MA track sounds great), performance, and Geddy Lee can be kind of funny (on purpose, I mean).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    I had a sales rep in Ohio who was married for the second time and, jokingly, introduced his wife to me as his 'current spouse'. I liked it so much that I hijacked it. I don't plan on divorcing anytime soon. My current spouse might be, but I'm not.
    Funny. I introduce my wife as "my first wife" all the time. Let's just say that it never earns me any points.

Don't remember the last thing I listened too. Some country song that my wife likes I think.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information