Unhappy Hagar/Tesla Rolls Into Bay Area

A quick review of the "Cabo Wabo" tour stop up here. First let me say Tesla kicked
    some major Rock N' Roll ass to open the show. Very tight sound, very loud, and the
    set list was what you'd expect. One of only a few non-hair bands of the 80's who
    could really play. Now, Sammy opened with some old montrose stuff..very cool..
    solo stuff ..Can't drive 55..One way to rock..and others, and as always, great
    vocals (How much longer can this guy sing like that) and his band is pretty good,
    I mean they have to be rehearsing 24/7. So after about an hour they march Michael
    Anthony on stage, and Sammy boots his main bass player to the curb (strange)
    and they jump right into Panama, with MA on vocals. This has been done on the
    last couple Van Halen shows, with one BIG difference, Eddie was playing lead,
    not this knuclehead, who was'nt in tune, lousy tone, using a gibson, no whammy
    dives, pull offs, in other words, no business playing any VH. Being a VH follower
    from day 1, this was a big joke, to hack up those songs (they played 4 VH)
    was a major shock, I'm a believer those should'nt be played without the proper
    line up. So of course people started leaving, myself included, thinking pretty good
    show, but leave the VH stuff where it is, History.

Quote Originally Posted by likeitloud
    One of only a few non-hair bands of the 80's who
    could really play.
    This statement just confuses me. Are you actually trying to say that the only decent musicians in the 80s were in hair bands?

As to Hagar...I prefer this one...

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    This statement just confuses me. Are you actually trying to say that the only decent musicians in the 80s were in hair bands?

As to Hagar...I prefer this one...

Naw, it was 3am when I did that thread, wording is all f#@ked up. They were IMO
    one of the bands that were'nt into that scene, and were superior(with queensryche)
    and did'nt fall into all that glam look BS.

Thread Information