Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Systematic Chaos is being released on Tuesday. I went onto Amazon.ca to check out the release price and noticed that both the standard version and the Special Edition (with DVD) were the same price. I thought that was a little unusual.

There's a little used record store, that also sells new stuff, across the street from my office. I was in there today and started talking to the guy working there who turned out to be very knowledgable in metal and prog (he was at the PT show on Monday so we compared notes). We talked about the new upcoming DT disk and he told me that Roadrunner was initially releasing the SE version for a lower cost than the standard CD. So they will only be getting in the SE version.

For those who are planning on buying it, you may want to check out the price of the SE version before buying the CD only format.

(This little shop will also be selling it for $5 less than Amazon. I'm glad I didn't pre-order)

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Systematic Chaos is being released on Tuesday. I went onto Amazon.ca to check out the release price and noticed that both the standard version and the Special Edition (with DVD) were the same price. I thought that was a little unusual.

There's a little used record store, that also sells new stuff, across the street from my office. I was in there today and started talking to the guy working there who turned out to be very knowledgable in metal and prog (he was at the PT show on Monday so we compared notes). We talked about the new upcoming DT disk and he told me that Roadrunner was initially releasing the SE version for a lower cost than the standard CD. So they will only be getting in the SE version.

For those who are planning on buying it, you may want to check out the price of the SE version before buying the CD only format.

(This little shop will also be selling it for $5 less than Amazon. I'm glad I didn't pre-order)
    Interesting....

I'll have to keep an eye out for the SE. I had ordered that at my local CD Plus store, but now it's up in the air if it'll come. Some holding company purchased the CD Plus company and they told the location near my office has a freeze on new releases while they consider consolidating a few locations.
    I could be losing my hook-up

Bummer, I pre-ordered mine (and Velvet Revolver) thru Cd warehouse. I did order the
    SE version, guess I'll save some cash, I hope. Thanks for the heads up.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    Sunfire Signature "True Sub"
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U
    Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-ray Player
    Power Protection/Filters-Monster HTS 5100 MKII
    Canare Interconnects

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Interesting....

I'll have to keep an eye out for the SE. I had ordered that at my local CD Plus store, but now it's up in the air if it'll come. Some holding company purchased the CD Plus company and they told the location near my office has a freeze on new releases while they consider consolidating a few locations.
    I could be losing my hook-up
    That's a drag. Maybe I should buddy up to this guy at the CD store so that I can get new disks before they're released.

What started us talking was that I was purchasing an Opeth disk. He asked if I was a fan and when I said that I was, he looked a little surprised. Then we started talking about Opeth and PT and DT and he seemed pretty impressed that I was as knowledgable as I am. I don't think that he sees a lot of people my age in there buying death metal CDs.

Thread Information