The Doors don't suck as much as I thought..

I always hated music from the doors.
    Being a Harley rider, I found myself surrounded by drunks who played the Doors at maximum volume over and over again. As the years went on I grew to absolutely hate The Doors.
    Just a few minutes ago, I was sitting in my living room listening to music from the cable company. Riders On The Storm came on. My first instinct was to turn that crap off. But I listened for a minute and found that at a more normal listening level (about 75 db) it wasn't so bad. Actually, pretty good.
    Now what? Do I have to go back and listen to all the music I used to hate to see if maybe it's not as bad as I thought? That's a lot of listening ahead of me.
    I guess I better get to work.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    I've always liked the Doors, I was too young to have been a fan while they were an actual band, but they are one of the very very few 60's bands that I listen to... Good instrumentation and great vocals what more could you ask for?

PS: Never owned a Harley...

Quote Originally Posted by unleasHell

PS: Never owned a Harley...
    Niether did half the drunks that were at the "Harley" bashes that I went to. But they had Harley T-shirts. And they liked to tell me that I was not a "real Harley rider" because I didn't dress all grungy looking. My reply was usually, "I really own a Harley, and I really ride it. Where's yours?" That didn't always go over so well. One guy even pulled out a gun and asked me where I parked his new ride.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Niether did half the drunks that were at the "Harley" bashes that I went to. But they had Harley T-shirts. And they liked to tell me that I was not a "real Harley rider" because I didn't dress all grungy looking. My reply was usually, "I really own a Harley, and I really ride it. Where's yours?" That didn't always go over so well. One guy even pulled out a gun and asked me where I parked his new ride.
    That's actually pretty typical. Been to a few parties (when I was in the Navy where some grungy looking guys show up and razz somebody for driving a crotch rocket, and not having a real ride, like a Harley, and come to find out, these guys didn't even own a bike, much less a Harley. When us sailors convinced these guys to leave, they left in an old Datsun 210...we laughed our arses off at them. This was pretty typical behavior for wannabes.

Real Harley riders are too busy working on their bikes to give someone else sh!t.

Oh yeah...the Doors don't suck, they're just over rated and vastly over romanticised.
    Last edited by 3-LockBox; 08-26-2007 at 12:30 PM.

I remember seeing the Doors on the Ed Sullivan Show. Everyone wanted to be on that show because it gave 'em recognition they otherwise never would've got. I was just a kid at the time and not yet into rock 'cept for Beatles if you want to call that rock.
    The hits songs by the Doors are very good. These songs are still played daily on the radio, because they are good. But being overplayed even I don't care to hear LA Woman anymore.

THE DOORS are pretty good, I enjoy some of their tunes like SPANISH CARAVAN and such, but I am not a huge fan. That singer guy looks alot like Val Kilmer though!

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    THE DOORS are pretty good, I enjoy some of their tunes like SPANISH CARAVAN and such, but I am not a huge fan. That singer guy looks alot like Val Kilmer though!
    Well, that's because he played Morrison in the movie! But you already knew that didn't you?

I remember The Doors as being dark and depressing with the lyrics laced with cryptic references to drugs.

The other day when I heard my young neighbour playing The Door, I realized just how sappy and romantic most of the songs are and compared to lyrics today, they were pretty innocent and naive.

If I was a young 'un looking for wedding music I might just choose a Doors song for the first dance.

Touch Me - The Doors (Chorus)

I'm gonna love you
    Till the heavens stop the rain
    I'm gonna love you
    Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I
    I'm gonna love you
    Till the heavens stop the rain
    I'm gonna love you
    Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I

Stronger than dirt

I have no idea what that last sentence is all about! Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Well, that's because he played Morrison in the movie! But you already knew that didn't you?
    You got it baby...I mean bunny!

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    You got it baby...I mean bunny!
    Must hop quickly off the board! I am shocked to see more than one person surfing this board at a time!

Must hop quickly off the board! I am shocked to see more than one person surfing this board at a time!
    What part of the world do you live in?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I won 3 Doors CD's from a radio station contest back in Feb or March this year. They've gotten a lot of spin time at my place - I would have considered myself a casual fan before that - liked some of it, but never got around to buying them. I've purchased 2 more CD's since. I can't believe I never got into them sooner.

Smile What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Where the dirtbag sits. Ha! Couldn't resist.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish

Swish
    BWA HA HA HA!!!

I'm going to tell that 340 lb neighbor of mine that right now...if you don't hear from me for awhile, call the police...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    BWA HA HA HA!!!

I'm going to tell that 340 lb neighbor of mine that right now...if you don't hear from me for awhile, call the police...
    I bet he's already heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish

Swish
    I don't get it.

I don't get it.
    shhh, your blonde is showing
    NP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Forum Regular

Stronger than dirt

[/I]

I have no idea what that last sentence is all about! Anyone?
    Perhaps you were just joking or saying it tongue-in-cheek, but in Touch Me, Jim does not sing "stronger than dirt", but the music is the same as an 60's Ajax laundry detergent TV commercial that went something like this: "New Ajax Laundry detergent is Stronger than Dirt"

tell all the people that you see...

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    shhh, your blonde is showing
    NP:
    Should you be peaking at the carpet like that?

Thread Information