Christy Moore tomorrow night

I am going to see Christy Moore tomorrow night at the Manchester Bridgewater Hall. The last time I had the pleassure was in '97. Saw him a couple of times pre'97 and have always been fascinated by how one man and his acoustic guitar can hold an audience spell-bound. A most carismatic performer.
    His last few tours did clash with my work commitments, but not this time.

Have a good weekend

Peace

"Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. If the live discs catured even 10% of the excitement of the show then you're in for quite an evening. Pretty impressive crowd interplay old boy has and for some reason I have the feeling you will be at the forfront of the "interaction".

I was going to say be careful and behave well, but forget that. Have a celebration earned by a year's hard labor and make it count.

Peace

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    have always been fascinated by how one man and his acoustic guitar can hold an audience spell-bound. A most carismatic performer.
    I'm not familiar with Christy Moore but this statement is very intriguing indeed. I'm a sucker for great accoustic guitar. I'll definately have to investigate.

Have a great time at the show Bernd!

I received a little package in the mail last night and I have to say that this Christy Moore stuff is very good. As Bobsticks pointed out, his live stuff is certainly lively. He's a great story-teller both inside and outside of his songs. After hearing the live CD this is an act that I would definately go see if he ever ventured to this side of the Commonwealth.

Also received in my pre-christmas gift from overseas was Mike Scott and Miracle Mile. I've not heard either and look forward to giving them a listen. And Sigor Ros, (), which I own and am not particularly fond of. But thanks for the thought!

What I'd really like to know is why it takes a package from the US three weeks to reach me and a package from the UK can get to me in under a week!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    What I'd really like to know is why it takes a package from the US three weeks to reach me and a package from the UK can get to me in under a week!
    It 'cause Bush's Border Waffen are opening every North American package searching for illegal Mexicans to register to vote in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    It 'cause Bush's Border Waffen are opening every North American package searching for illegal Mexicans to register to vote in Florida.

Thread Information