Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smile A big hi and a bigger thank you

Hi to all of my raverecs buds!!

I just got back from my mailbox and was pleasantly surprised by three beefy packages from you all. My wife and I decided to ditch everything for one week and we boarded a plane down to Bradenton, Florida for an escape with both of our daughters, in tow.

It was just what we needed. Sun, sea, and far far away from our hotel room and our contractor/insurance woes.

Suddenly, I have all kinds of great music to listen to upon the return to our hotel room on our new portable CD playa!!

Bernd is up first with the Felice Brothers
    Swish is up next with Shearwater and
    Hyfi is up next with Moe.

And what's so exciting is that I have several days in a row to listen to the rest of the hypergenerous packages these kind people pulled together for us!! And I mean hypergenerous!!

I know that several other RR buds have pulled music together, as well; yet it has not arrived yet. That includes 3-LockBox, Bobsticks, Troy, and the everfeminine and beguiling ForeverAutumn. I'll keep you all posted on the packages, as I receive them and, if I've missed someone, please please please pm me, so that I can remedy that.

I can't tell you enough how these gestures of generosity and friendship have meant to us, as we go through this process of getting our home back. At a later date, I'll be pulling together the entire story for you, when it's less raw and all is said and done.

Thanks-a-ton,

Bill & family

Ha! I just knew you were away somewhere. I am, after all..

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill

I just got back from my mailbox and was pleasantly surprised by three beefy packages from you all. My wife and I decided to ditch everything for one week and we boarded a plane down to Bradenton, Florida for an escape with both of our daughters, in tow.

It was just what we needed. Sun, sea, and far far away from our hotel room and our contractor/insurance woes.

Suddenly, I have all kinds of great music to listen to upon the return to our hotel room on our new portable CD playa!!

And what's so exciting is that I have several days in a row to listen to the rest of the hypergenerous packages these kind people pulled together for us!! And I mean hypergenerous!!

I know that several other RR buds have pulled music together, as well; yet it has not arrived yet. That includes 3-LockBox, Bobsticks, Troy, and the everfeminine and beguiling ForeverAutumn. I'll keep you all posted on the packages, as I receive them and, if I've missed someone, please please please pm me, so that I can remedy that.

I can't tell you enough how these gestures of generosity and friendship have meant to us, as we go through this process of getting our home back. At a later date, I'll be pulling together the entire story for you, when it's less raw and all is said and done.

Thanks-a-ton,

Bill & family
    ...the resident genius. Anyway, good to hear you got out of that hotel for a bit and hope you get back into your home ASAP! And make sure you listen to the Big Indie comp I put together. Fun stuff and nothing too obscure...like that's a good thing.

Take care buddy,
    Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Suspended

Thanks-a-ton,

Bill & family
    Your welcome! Glad you had a great vacation. Enjoy all the tunes. Tell us what you liked and what you didn't....It's OK, we'll roll with it.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Jah. I postponed the shipping date on mine when the revised list of needs came out. The thought was that I could slip a couple more in for the wife and daughters...erm, that didn't sound right...so I could include some discs that everyone would like. It should work out well, a few more care packages waiting for your return to keep things fresh.

Bill, I think we'd all agree that it was the least we could do. Home is haven, I get crazy when mine is out of sorts. Hopefully these will offer some small level of comfort in trying times.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Bill, I have all the best of intentions to send a package your way but I haven't been able to put one together yet. My disks are still in storage and the home computer is still not yet set up. I hope to resolve both of those issues by the weekend and will pull something together for you as soon as I can.

Can your portable player play MP3s? It might be easier for me to burn some stuff from iTunes.

Oh, and if you're looking for some reading material to help you pass the time in your hotel room I highly recommend Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. In many respects it reminded me of A Long Way Gone, which I have you to thank for the recommendation. It's a memoir of an unbelievable life so far removed from our own that it reads like fiction...but isn't. It was an eye opening story that I couldn't put down.

Thanks-a-ton,

Bill & family
    Good to hear that you took some time out. Sun, Sea and S** can work wonders. Also great to hear that the packages have arrived. And I am first on. Well mine did travel a long way, so it's only fair.
    It is really great to see this kind of spirit.
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Your package is on the way.

Red face My smile is becoming wider and wider

I have just received 15 and a half hours of Troy's special selections. Already I'm starting to freakout with the otherworldly photography that I'm viewing on Troy's photographic website, I have my little portable cd player plugged into the power bar, as I type and view on the hotel's computer. Wow!!

Freaking to images and listening to outstanding music. My world is already a better place.

Btw,

I've given a spin of one disc from each of the generous packages.
    Some instant listening impressions

Shearwater is pure bliss. Talk about a widely varied yet cohesive album. The first several tracks remind me of the Who's Quadrophenia. I don't know why but they just do. Also, I can hear some very engaging Ian Anderson like meanderings, especially from the Heavy Horses & Songs From the Wood era.

The Felice Brothers is beautiful afternoon stogie music. Enjoyed a fabulous Bolivar #2 out in the hotel courtyard, with the Felice Bros plugged in. They remind me of Bob Dylan in his barrelhouse piano days. Very enjoyable. Very relaxing.

Return to Forever is a wistful and fabulous aural mind trip. Man o man are Dimeola, Corea, and Clarke ever on top of their game on this one. I had this one playing the other night at the hotel room and my oldest daughter asked who this was - this is a good thing!!

Thanks-a-ton all for the listening pleasures and I'll keep ya all posted,

Bill

I have just received 15 and a half hours of Troy's special selections. Already I'm starting to freakout with the otherworldly photography that I'm viewing on Troy's photographic website, I have my little portable cd player plugged into the power bar, as I type and view on the hotel's computer. Wow!!
    Jah, I too got a taster although not 15 hours worth. Kinda surreal like listening to an old broadcast of "The Shadow" on the "Blue Velvet" set while sipping a Slow Gin Fizz...with a headfull of MDMA. Made me smile.

Them Felice Brothers are smooth...and a Bolivar #2? Life's starting to get right again, eh Bill?

Just keepin' it weird for my pals at AR.

As I always say, dump the Musical Mayhem disc into your iTunes and let this stuff come up in the shuffle. It'll change your life.

Hope you get back home soon, Bill.

I gotta get this MM disc onto my Ipod, as I have no other player that plays MP3s besides the computer.

Smile Natacha Atlas, Natacha Atlas, Natacha Atlas

Wow!!

Where was I in 2006 when this disc came out? Just received a very generous package from
    Bobsticks today. I carefully looked throught the little Cd-sleeve album that he so kindly included for names I did not recognize and lo and behold there's an album by the name Mish Maoul staring back at me.

The artist's name is Natacha Atlas and what a bewildering voice in a musical melange it is.

It's on its second spin here at the hotel and I'm getting into it more and more and more. Funny thing, I've veered away from the genre "world music" that was very hot about a decade or more ago because much of it became either too similar sounding or too strange for strange's sake and not for music's sake. Not this one.

I could easily see spinning this down by the beach or at a club. Some of the coolest electronica I've heard in my life. Period.

Thanks-a-ton Bobsticks. You made my week!! My youngest also appreciates those Cold War Kids that she immediately recognized.

Bill

I like those flutes, gee-tars and electronica beats too.

Very cool Bill, it's good to read a lil' happiness coming out of that part of your part of the world...sounds like everyone did the deal.

Good job crew.

I could easily see spinning this down by the beach or at a club. Some of the coolest electronica I've heard in my life. Period...My youngest also appreciates those Cold War Kids that she immediately recognized.
    Yeah, well never let it be said that I don't bring a fourteen year old's mentality to the proceedings

Red face A BIG thank you

Hey RRers,

Just had another surprise package from JRA akajrhymeammo awaiting for us in the mailbox today.

Grooving to Tadd Dameron & Coltrane right now. Fabulous Friday morning music!!
    Next up, The Wood Brothers.

A BIG thank you to everyone for making our lives that much more enjoyable. Our timeline has just been pushed further into the future, so that leaves us in the hotel until August 26. What a bizarre trip this has been.

Thanks-a-ton,

Bill

I'm glad it reached you. I guess Canadian Post was all backed up due to audiobill care packages.

Enjoy,
    JRA

the love just keeps porin in

Hey 3-Lock,

Just listening to that Dylan set, as I type this.

The love just keeps porin in through my mailbox!! 3-Lock's generous package just arrived today and I wanted to say "thank you". The ACDC & the Sabbath are definitely going to see me through this bizarre experience. It's funny how under certain circumstances, the old familiar when it comes to music is what the music beast yearns for most.

Speaking of old familiar, can't wait to see the Eagles show in TO tomorrow night!! I have an extra ticket just for Swish (hahahaaahaahaha)

Thanks-a-ton everyone,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I can contribute a double disc Black Sabbath comp (came out like 5 years ago) called The Best Of Black Sabbath (import) I'm an album collector and I just don't listen to 'best ofs'.

I also have an AC/DC Dirty Deeds remastered CD that is redundant in my collection.

I have a Bob Dylan comp of a bunch early demos and rareties called No Direction Home: The Soundtrack. I got it as a birthday gift and I've never listened to it (not much of a Dylan fan).

I'll go through and take a closer look. There have been some incredible deals on Amazon of late.

I need an addy.

BTW: AudioBill's PMs are full and cannot accept anymore.

3-Lock's generous package

something I'll never tire of reading or hearing

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox

something I'll never tire of reading or hearing

Not gettin' enough validation at home?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Not gettin' enough validation at home?
    plenty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information