Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Yeah, he was having amp trouble my night, too. Must have gotten worse.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Gress Kills

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    . . . Jesse Gress looks so much like Belew, it's almost uncanny. I really liked his playing, he took a lot of risks and unusual turns.
    Saw Levin & company about five years ago now after his first Levin Band release. I thought Gress was fantastic. The whole show was great, and the guys were in good spirits. Gowan joined them on stage and they did Crimial Mind and some Gabriel. Too bad he's not doing more recording.

BTW, how's the latest Levin album, Resonator. I haven't heard it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    BTW, how's the latest Levin album, Resonator. I haven't heard it yet.
    A couple of good songs, but nowhere near as solid as Pieces ofthe Sun.

Forum Regular

arrival

I received both the PT and the DT last night from Amazon..........been so DamBusy that I didn't even break the wrappers. I'll do a full reveiew when I have a chance to actually sit on my butt and view them.
    Thanks for all the comments.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Watched the PT disc again last night - still disappointed somewhat - though I think the epilepsy inducing camera affects have more to do with it than anything - Wilson was a bit lethargic for some songs, but he did rock out in Sound of Muzak, Mother & Child Divided, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here and Trains - those tracks were a lot of fun to watch. Maybe they'd be more fun to watch on DVD if they just went straigh-up metal. It's hard to watch DVD's from Rush, DT, Opeth, Arena's "Smoke and Mirrors" (highly recommended) and not think this show was a bit flat. Even the Allman Bros have more stage presence on camera than these guys. At some points I kept waiting for Wilson to break out into a spoken-word yoga dance performance....zzzzzzzzzz. Great players, but some artists are just better in studio than on stage I guess. I'd still pay to see them live though.

I think the guitar/back-up vocalist dude's name is John Wesley? Whoever he is, he should be on all the albums, all the time, unleashed - a very good harmonizer (something I don't find in most guitar players these days) and great player. He's the highlight of the DVD for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information