Thread: Argent

Forum Regular

Argent

With an effort to review some ARGENT music I used to listen to about 100 years ago, I bought "Argent Encore - Live In Concert".............it looked very promising with all the old favorites listed in the contents.

This CD is awful.
    Bad pitch and technique -- missed cues -- choppy rythyms -- horrible vocals.
    To top that performance off, it's a poor mix and a $hitty recording.

Just lovely.

Sh!tty wasting money on crap, but most live rock albums from this period they just aren't recorded very good, but of course there are exceptions.

IMO, Some things (ie; bands) just need to be left in the past....this is one of them. FWIW, I still like to spin "Hold Your Head Up" from time to time tho.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder
    With an effort to review some ARGENT music I used to listen to about 100 years ago, I bought "Argent Encore - Live In Concert".............it looked very promising with all the old favorites listed in the contents.

This CD is awful.
    Bad pitch and technique -- missed cues -- choppy rythyms -- horrible vocals.
    To top that performance off, it's a poor mix and a $hitty recording.

Just lovely.
    Thanks for the warning. I was considering this disk but I'll not bother then.

Suspended
    Hold Your Head Up is one of those songs that have been burnt out on Classic Rock stations and I can't stand to listen to it any more. I haven't heard anything else from the band that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Hold Your Head Up is one of those songs that have been burnt out on Classic Rock stations and I can't stand to listen to it any more..........
    And that's why I never listen to radio, even in the car. I have most of the classic rock albums I like in one format or another so when I get the urge to listen to some..............
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    I always said I wouldn't pay for satelite radio but I got a free subscription with our new vehicle and it was so nice not to have to listen to commercial radio I ended up signing on the dotted line.

Thread Information