• 05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
    Swish
    Anyone for Titus Andronicus? I just picked up...
    ...The Monitor and it's one dam<a>n fine cd. It was recommended by a friend and, after spinning it once, I checked the net for reviews and found an 8.7 on Pitchfork. I had to laugh because I immediately thought they sounded like a blend of early Replacements and the Pogues, especially on one track called Richard II. Good effing rock dudes!
  • 05-03-2010, 10:21 AM
    Stone
    Yep, good album. The first part of the album especially rocks.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...396#post325396

Edit: Here's what I wrote over on obner about it:

Quote:

This is one I will be coming back to. If you like teh rock, you should definitely check it out. While the vocals are sometimes reminiscent of Bright Eyes, do not let that stop you from giving this a listen. I sometimes hear some Dinosaur Jr. here and at other places hear a strong Mats influence (although TA's tunes are longer and typically more sprawling than anything Westerberg and Co. ever did). So far, this one's a keeper.
  • 05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
    Finch Platte
    I was going to visit a sister out of town, and she said an alternative band was playing locally and did I want to go?

Nah. I figured we be the only ones above 50 in the place and would stick out like sore thumbs.

Later we went by the club and the posters for the band were still up. Yup, it was TA, D'oh!

Oh, well. I bought the disc later and it sounds like a big mess to me. I think someone described it as a drunk Hold Steady. :biggrin5:
  • 05-04-2010, 09:39 AM
    Stone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch Platte

Oh, well. I bought the disc later and it sounds like a big mess to me.

A big mess of awesomeness.
  • 05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone
    A big mess of awesomeness.

Awesomemess?