Welp, the basterds finally got me!!!

Interesting... I have to drive toe Pittsburgh on Sunday and I'll be there till Thursday (any Forumites in the area wanna meet just let a fellah know). I'm renting a full size for the drive. Seems all these new fangled auto-mobiles have auxillary jacks in them for digital devices of all sorts. Welp, I decided that since I'm gonna be behind the wheel of over 7 hours, access to my music is essentiall. I don't do MP3's I prefer my music lossless I still own a turntable, but I must admit that since ripping all my music to my computers Harddrive I stream it rather than fiddle with CD's or records. I think that was the first step on my road to perdition. To make a long story short... I bought a used Galaxy Player (basically a Samsung phone with everything on it BUT the phone) and have spent the last two days converting my Wav files to MP3's for the trip. Sigh... I held out long as I could... but the got me in the end.

Worf

O Brave New World. Way to go, Worfster.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I like Pittsburgh.

Best Pittsburgh Happy Hour and Wine Restaurant | THE SONOMA GRILLE

My restaurant tip for your stay. Of course there are other good restaurants but do not miss that one.

the warhol: museum

The Warhol museum is a good time.

Official site of the Duquesne Incline

Great views and photo ops.

Oh and I hear they have sports teams.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Considering the expense of a car battery and who knows how much the DC to AC converter might be, you may want to think about another way to set up. Where are you wanting to use this speaker? What other equipment will be hooked to it?

Say what?!
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information