Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar

I'm such a bad boy...........

My wife was out all day with our 22 year old daughter. When she got home I asked her to come down to our movie/listening room to check out my new speakers (Magnepan 1.6's). As soon as she walked in the room, she freaked out: "THERE HUGE" "NO WAY" "TAKE EM BACK" I HATE THEM"......

I said: "Sorry Sweat heart the deals done". She says: "uggggggg." She is so good to be, I don't know why I like to tease her so...."

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Chicago IL
    Every woman will freak out when she sees those big speakers!

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley
    My wife was out all day with our 22 year old daughter. When she got home I asked her to come down to our movie/listening room to check out my new speakers (Magnepan 1.6's). As soon as she walked in the room, she freaked out: "THERE HUGE" "NO WAY" "TAKE EM BACK" I HATE THEM"......

I said: "Sorry Sweat heart the deals done". She says: "uggggggg." She is so good to be, I don't know why I like to tease her so...."

Best Regards,
    Stan
    You & I have been through this before. For cripes sake, it's the basement. Surely there's one part of the house where you rule.

My Maggies are in the main livingroom -- my wife has to just suck it up. (It helps that they have the beige sleeves.)

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Hmmm, I'm still somewhat anxious about how my wife will react when my pair of Analysis Audio Amphitryon is delivered tomorrow. She has seen them at the dealer already, but I wonder what it will be like for her to see them actually in our apartment...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    You & I have been through this before. For cripes sake, it's the basement. Surely there's one part of the house where you rule.

My Maggies are in the main livingroom -- my wife has to just suck it up. (It helps that they have the beige sleeves.)
    You miss-understood me. I tease my wife a fair bit, and I knew she would go ballistic over these speakers. But, I just enjoyed bringing her downstairs and teasing her. That's why I said, "I'm such a bad boy.."

Yes she went ballistic....and yes the speakers are staying...... But, she is a great wife who puts up with a lot.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Congrats on the new speakers. I'm sure the wife was just teasing you back.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by paulo m
    Hmmm, I'm still somewhat anxious about how my wife will react when my pair of Analysis Audio Amphitryon is delivered tomorrow. She has seen them at the dealer already, but I wonder what it will be like for her to see them actually in our apartment...

You got what being delivered tomorrow!!!! Analysis Audio Amphitryon...... I hate you!

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by paulo m

I wish I could hear those baby's. Those are some seriously good speakers and for $24k they better be. Give us a review on them.

Congrats and Enjoy!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    You got what being delivered tomorrow!!!! Analysis Audio Amphitryon...... I hate you!

frenchmon
    Unfortunately, due to the bad weather here in Boston (snow and ice all over, the dealer is reluctant to lug 500 lbs, or 220 kg, worth of crates--can't really blame him) delivery is only the day after tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    I wish I could hear those baby's. Those are some seriously good speakers and for $24k they better be. Give us a review on them.

Congrats and Enjoy!
    Oh good they are indeed. This is an ex-demo pair so I'm getting them at a very good price. And nowadays they cost $28k, or $29.2k including the external crossovers (which I am also getting). The Analysis Audio Omegas, which is what I was planning to get eventually (a speaker that very easily beat the MG20.1 in my auditions) also increased from $18k to $22k. That's the cost of having a european-made component in a time where the dollar is free falling wrt the euro...

But though I loved the Omegas, the Amphitryons are just like them in sonic ability, only more of it . On a harmless dare from the dealer I even tried the Orions, but wasn't convinced--they need a huge room, and I mean HUGE (they were playing in a room with walls of length around 20-25 ft (that's 6-8m) and high ceilings and the bass was completely overpowering the other frequencies (e.g. you could feel the pressure in your eardrums when some singer in the recording we were playing tapped the microphone prior to starting to sing).
    Last edited by paulo m; 01-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Congrats on the new speakers. I'm sure the wife was just teasing you back.
    Thanks, and she was!

Best Regards,
    Stan

My girlfriend loves my Apogee GRAND ( a lot bigger then 20.1) but she hates my Krell KRS200 monos..... go figure
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Whattup Flo

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    My girlfriend loves my Apogee GRAND ( a lot bigger then 20.1) but she hates my Krell KRS200 monos..... go figure
    Lol, mebbe she hates the idea of engine blocks on the living room floor...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Lol, mebbe she hates the idea of engine blocks on the living room floor...
    I was thinking that maybe she was just jealous. After all, I'm sure she can tell how much he loves them. Especialy when he curls up with them for warmth.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley View Post

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Finaly a real man, sorry honney the're here and there staying.
    Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg View Post
    Every woman will freak out when she sees those big speakers!
    I don't find them big at all, this is BIG.

Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
    They are such beautiful speakers, she should be very happy of your choice.
    Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by MrAcoustat View Post
    They are such beautiful speakers, she should be very happy of your choice.
    Oh she is. Two and a half years later, we are still finding these speakers absolutely fantastic.

Thread Information