Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well that very same reason, I won't be selling my Tyler Acoustics. They just didn't sound natural to my ears, but as you can see I didn't have much of acoustical treatment to speak of. Handful of small ensemble (classical) sounded INCREDIBLE, but others were dreadful.
    Just like real life I gotta try everything at least twice, just to make sure the first time wasn't my fault.

Have Fun,
    JRA

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    The antenna on top of the tv are called rabbit ears. If you live in close proximity to the tv stations it is all you need to receiver the signal. Back in the days when tv was free all you needed was a good antenna. Of course that was when there was only NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS stations in this country.
    TV is still free. JRA and I are certain of it. That's why we have "rabbit ears". I can receive 11 stations off the air. If I count the extras such as the three the local NBC affiliate has the total rises to around 30.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    TV is still free. JRA and I are certain of it. That's why we have "rabbit ears". I can receive 11 stations off the air. If I count the extras such as the three the local NBC affiliate has the total rises to around 30.
    Nice to know there are still others who keepz it realz.....
    Honestly, I'm just broke and prefer to spend my disposable income on music and gear. $60+/month on useless programs?
    But I do wish I had the Discovery, TV Land, CNN, FX, and Speed channels. I wouldn't pay more than $20 a month though...

Just Speed and Discovery would work for me. I've got CNN breaking news on my PC.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

I received the pair today and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looks like FedEx struck again. One of the speaker is damaged.
    Replaced inductor had came off and mylar makes annoying buzz.

One question. Is it the shipper responsibility to make a claim to the carrier, or do I make a claim? I had sold a perfectly functional Denon and it was damaged during the shipment. Buyer is now working on the claim with the carrier. Do I handle this?

It's really too bad because the seller had packed it really well...

JRA

Holy cow, I guess I did keep them for more than a year.
    At a certain range of frequency, the mylar would rattle but the crack didn't affect the sound 95% of the time. About 2 weeks ago, I've sold the pair to a local guy with home audition. I sold them for $100 at his risk.

What's crazy is that I miss the hell out of them.
    I can't imagine listening to them with stock crossover components, but I love the effortless sound when not pushed too hard.
    My Hawthornes have great boxless sound with wide sweet-spot, but they can't compete with MMGs transparency. The Tyler Acoustics produces detailed yet full tranquil sound.

Boxless sound with tranquil wide dispersion sound.
    What should I get next to satisfy my needs?
    Martin Logan or Sound Lab?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information