Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Today three more:

Rick Vansloneker

Magnepan HT User
    Rick,

Here is my ad currently on eBay. Please do not delete. Can't believe those scammers. They will never learn to quit.

Slbenz

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I would be very interested if I lived closer. Good luck with the sale.
    btw I can't nor will want to delete anything.
    Rick Vansloneker

Today admaro is bryceheinz.
    Rick Vansloneker

Magnepan HT User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Vansloneker
    Today admaro is bryceheinz.
    Rick,

Been reporting our good friend to the eBay authorities as fast as he can post. The eBay people are quick to shut him down. Too bad you are across the pond or would let you audition the speakers I have for sale. Finished my repair of the Magnepan IIIa which replaced my 1.5s. Now my home theater is sounding the way it should be. It should now that I am surrounded by IIIas, front and rear.

Slbenz

admaro=sellum1=marine!36=darling*denim
    Rick Vansloneker

Audio Enthusiast
    admaro=sellum1=marine!36=darling*denim

Today he is Orangewillys
    item number: 6289274429

How do you report this guy to eBay management to let them know he's reposted? Can you also notify the owner of the hijacked ID by emailing the seller?

Well apparently they don't get access to the hijacked ID his email, that's why they ask to contact on their own email.

Like in this ad, where Mr. Admaro seem to have changed his layout and also appears to have another email.

Rick Vansloneker

And another scammer I ran into http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ14056pmQQhtZ-1
    Rick Vansloneker

Magnepan HT User
    Quote Originally Posted by squeegy200
    Today he is Orangewillys
    item number: 6289274429

How do you report this guy to eBay management to let them know he's reposted? Can you also notify the owner of the hijacked ID by emailing the seller?
    I use the "Contact Us" link which then will ask you to choose an area you think the auction may fall under. I have already reported four of Admano Magnepan 3.3 and one Magnepan 1.4 auctions just today using the Contact Us link. Ebay is pretty quick to delete these auctions once a violation is reported.

To Admano:

GET A LIFE! WE ARE WATCHING YOU!! YOUR ADS WILL ALWAYS BE FOUND AND DELETED.

Forum Regular
    Watch the PSP lots and large gaming system lots . I found around 300 listings yesterday and the day before that were frudulent . Ebay will be getting a bill soon

Today the victim is snowbordinglife.
    Rick Vansloneker

And n19alm is the poor guy now.
    Rick Vansloneker

Audio Enthusiast
    He (They) must be using power tools to post so many ads so quickly. This is definitely an organized effort with some sophisticated tools.

Magnepan HT User
    Quote Originally Posted by squeegy200
    He (They) must be using power tools to post so many ads so quickly. This is definitely an organized effort with some sophisticated tools.
    No kidding! As fast I report the fraudulent auction from Admaro, it posts another one almost immediately.

Slbenz

Yes there is software to post Ads to Ebay (and other sites).
    Rick Vansloneker

Poor lovepennies got hacked.

Well I think the message is clear now so no more updates about this from me. Be careful and better safe then sorry.
    Rick Vansloneker

Magnepan HT User
    Poor lovepennies got hacked.

Well I think the message is clear now so no more updates about this from me. Be careful and better safe then sorry.

Rick,

No kidding. I reported this one to eBay as well. I'll be keeping track of our nemesis, Admaro and his Magnepan 3.3 ads. At least my Magnepan 1.5s sold for a very good price. Will be shipping them tomorrow to the new owner. Now I'll have more room in my home theater and not have six Magnepan speakers in there.

Slbenz

Quote Originally Posted by slbenz
    ...not have six Magnepan speakers in there.

Slbenz
    What a relief uh?

Rick Vansloneker

Suspended
    Please post how you're able to detect the fraudulant auctions on ebay for the rest of us, so we don't fall prey to their scams.

Most will match one or more of these clues:

-listed in completely off-topic categories e.g. Magnepans in Home & Garden > Heating/ Cooling/ Air > Ceiling Fan
    -anonymous bidding
    -item location doesn't match seller location
    -1 day auction
    -free shipping offered
    -item to good to be true e.g. They have just come back from the Magnepan Factory and were totally rebuilt. They were completely reworked with new Planar Film, new Grill Cloth, and New Ribbon Tweeters. There is not a single scratch, dent or mark on them. They have been lovingly cared for and are now ready to be a part of your audio system. I will include with the speakers approx 10 ft per speaker of Sound Runner High Definition Quad Oxygen Free Copper Wire. I unpacked them and set them up just to test them and make sure everything is perfect. They will ship in Factory Cartons with original manuals.
    -price to good to be true
    -repeated use of the word trust
    -sellers email was not hacked that's why they repeatedly ask you to contact on a different mail address and think up a story like my Ebay mail box is full
    -seller wants you to complete a transaction outside of eBay
    -google for the email they want you to use, check it here or here
    -if you do mail (better don't) and ask difficult questions like serial number, or ask for their phone number and address they don't reply
    -if they reply their English is terrible with not even a name under it, they want you to use a shipping company and escrow service of their choice, they ask for your email address -since you sent them a mail they should know
    -if you view seller's other items there is a long list of desirable goodies that also match above clues
    Rick Vansloneker

Forum Regular
    Cant belive they dont catch on to this .. Seriously we need to assemble a team and start charging ebay for this ..

Magnepan HT User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless
    Cant belive they dont catch on to this .. Seriously we need to assemble a team and start charging ebay for this ..
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I just reported three auctions to eBay that our friend admaro@msn.com had up yesterday. All three are down now but he just put up another auction on this morning using another hacked user ID found from another unsuspecting eBay user on his numerous auctions that he puts up constantly. I don't understand as well why eBay just doesn't create a list of known abusers and ban them from using their site.

Slbenz

It's not our duty to scan Ebay for scammers. We showed our loyalty and did a fair job reporting dozens of scams. But it's up to Ebay to get rid of this problem. They can scan the site for fraud and remove scam auctions. Also they can report the scam to the authorities and they can do investigations. Surely it must be possible some way to trace the scammers. We showed the way, but they should go it.
    Rick Vansloneker

Didn't see him for a while but he's back and changed his email to fststone@msn.com
    Rick Vansloneker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information