Forum Regular

Aurum Cantus experience?

Does anyone have any experience with ribbon tweeters used on Aurum Cantus speakers - ANY model...??? I'm planning to buy AC Melody-103. It uses a G3i/G3Si ribbon tweeter.

Any thoughts?

I personally have not heard them, but i can offer some suggestions to ribbon tweeters in general.

• Fact 1 ---there is no generality
    Not all ribbons are created equal, and neither is the integration. I heard some good things about them, but if you give me your budget, musical taste, requirements then i can suggest a planar/ribbon/dynamic speaker that i feel will serve you best.

Cheers

Florian
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    Thanks for your reply Florian.

I can get hold of a pair for $1.400 (Aurum Cantus M-103). I believe the retail is $2000. My budget is $1.400-1.600. I listen to rock (Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters, NIN, RATM), soul, a little jazz and a lot of hiphop...I've owned a pair of B&W's (601s3) and I'm not going back on that route...I'm ready to try something different - ribbon tweeter or not.

I don't blame you for not liking the B&W, they are the definition of colored. I do have some ideas for speakers, but please tell me what listening room you have. Also can you please post some technical data from the Marantz, espc. the damping factor.

Cheers

Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Thread Information