Suspended

Wikipedia goes dark for 24 hours to protest web piracy bills

Well almost. I found a trick to see the page you are attempting to access. When you search google and find a link to wikipedia you are looking for, when clicked it takes you to the page but then it gets refreshed with the blackout page.

The trick is to hit the Refresh button on your browser and then click the stop icon when the page refreshes but just before the blackout screen gets refreshed.

Wikipedia Goes Dark For 24 Hours To Protest Web Piracy Bills | Fox News

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Apparently you can also view Wiki mobile from smart phone or disable your java script. I haven't tried either; it's just something that I read.

Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar
    Called up my Representative and senators. Man these guys back pedal. Sen. Benjamin Cardin co-signed the legislation, but "only so he could guide it to a better form. He against the present legislation"..... Right, I believe in Santa too.......

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley View Post
    Called up my Representative and senators. Man these guys back pedal. Sen. Benjamin Cardin co-signed the legislation, but "only so he could guide it to a better form. He against the present legislation"..... Right, I believe in Santa too.......

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Yeah, contacting your reps is a waste of time. They do not do what the people want, they do what the Machine wants.

Sounds to me like this legislation will throttle free speech & information flow. The notion that say, Google, ought to censor content and be fully culpable if they fail, is just wrong.

Personally I'm torn between wanting to encourage creative artists by protecting their incomes, and not wanting to be gouged by mega media distribution companies. The current law looks like its written by and for the latter corporate interest. What else is new? Legislation in the USA (and Canada) is now largely written to benefit corporate interests. That's because we have the best politicians money can buy.

Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Legislation in the USA (and Canada) is now largely written to benefit corporate interests. That's because we have the best politicians money can buy.
    So true. Laws are written for the corporations that afford the highest paid lobbyists.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

AR Newbie Registered Member

Problem??

My best friend is getting married next weekend and Im trying to find a Pensacola Local Band Anybody have any ideas???
    Last edited by JohnMichael; 03-07-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Thread Information