Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

What's your favourite daily vice?

I usually kick off my day with a cup of black coffee. Due to a minor illness I am drinking my first cup of coffee since Saturday and it's soooooooo goooooood! Mmmmmmm.

What daily vice is part of your routine that you would miss if you couldn't partake in it? A morning coffee? An evening tea? The first cigarette of the day? A kiss from your significant other? Maybe just walking past a pretty co-worker. Or (ACK!) maybe it's checking in here.

Cup of coffee in the afternoon at the local and a round with the NYT crossword.

Hanging with you guys...? Are you...? Yep: that, too!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    2 tbsp natty peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese...mmmmmmmm

Suspended
    Two cups of coffee in the morning and another one after lunch. On weekends, it's a whole pot! And even though there are a few real dum...... on this site, and page load times are rediculously slow, yes this is my first stop (after getting the coffee) in the morning.

Mentally undressing pretty women as they walk past me is also a vice. Thanks for including that example FA.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    2 tbsp natty peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese...mmmmmmmm
    I hope that you meant nutty peanut butter. Do you mix the PB into the cottage cheese? I'll have to try that. PB mixed into vanilla yogurt is good.

Man, my whole day is full of vises I couldn't/wouldn't do without. This includes checking in here if not to just read what gems Pixeldix has to enlighten us with.

And thanks for askin'.
    Last edited by Luvin Da Blues; 03-25-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Two cups of coffee in the morning and another one after lunch. On weekends, it's a whole pot! And even though there are a few real dum...... on this site, and page load times are rediculously slow, yes this is my first stop (after getting the coffee) in the morning.

Mentally undressing pretty women as they walk past me is also a vice. Thanks for including that example FA.
    Um, I don't think that's what I said.

Suspended
    Oh. Okay. Well then nevermind that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Man, my whole day is full of vises I couldn't/wouldn't do without. This includes checking in here if not to just read what gems Pixeldix has to enlighten us with.

And thanks for askin'.
    What he said!

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    I've got a whole list.

1. Diet Soda (Coke or Mt. Dew). I can't stand coffee.

2. Checking various webpages. This one and a ponding/water garden are pretty high on the list.

3. Depending upon the season, I am partial to candy. Since it's Easter time, I am going hog wild over Brachs Jelly Beans. But they have to be the "Premium" Pectin jelly beans. I'm not kidding. I can't stand the normal ones. The pectin eggs are much softer inside, and don't have that crappy taste that other Jelly Beans have. Russell Stover used to make a mean pectin jelly bean, but they have switched to some funky flavoring system, and they suck.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Any familiarity with Jelly Bellies, Beefy?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef

3. Depending upon the season, I am partial to candy. Since it's Easter time, I am going hog wild over Brachs Jelly Beans. But they have to be the "Premium" Pectin jelly beans. I'm not kidding. I can't stand the normal ones. The pectin eggs are much softer inside, and don't have that crappy taste that other Jelly Beans have. Russell Stover used to make a mean pectin jelly bean, but they have switched to some funky flavoring system, and they suck.
    I'm a bit of a jelly bean connoisseur myself. There is definatly a big difference between a good premium jelly bean and a cheap one. I like the Dare Juicee Jelly Beans. Thanks for the tip on the Brachs beans. I'll have to check them out.

I like some Jelly Belly flavours but they are waaaaaaaaay over priced and too small. Too much coating and not enough jelly.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'm a bit of a jelly bean connoisseur myself. There is definatly a big difference between a good premium jelly bean and a cheap one. I like the Dare Juicee Jelly Beans. Thanks for the tip on the Brachs beans. I'll have to check them out.

I like some Jelly Belly flavours but they are waaaaaaaaay over priced and too small. Too much coating and not enough jelly.

I concur, Jelly Belly is all about name. In fact, I would classify Jelly Belly as the BOSE of Jelly Beans.

The Brachs ones are a bit of pain to find. They are all in similar bags. Premium "Tiny" eggs are crap. They are called Premium "Peacock" eggs, and also specify made with Real Fruit Pectin on the front. All the others suck (in the Brachs Line). I usually go through about 12 bags in an Easter Season. And I never get sick of them. Probably because I only eat them for 2 months.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    I concur, Jelly Belly is all about name. In fact, I would classify Jelly Belly as the BOSE of Jelly Beans.
    LMAO!

WHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    WHAM!

Were they jelly bean aficionados also? Didn't take ya for a George Michael fan.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Seriously there are different types of Jelly Beans...I'm gonna have to stick my head out and around a bit more.

Vice, Cup of coffee in the morning.

A ride on the bike at least once a week.

Getting to the gym or working out somehow.

Music, always have to have music.

Checking the national news and talking shiat about politicians and government officials or heads of business.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. Always need music but not available when at work and then it is HLN and stories of Casey and the Octomom.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Were they jelly bean aficionados also? Didn't take ya for a George Michael fan.
    Come here a minute...

First vice: Awake to my stereo turning itself on.
    2nd: Morning hug, kiss & cuddle with wifey.
    3rd: Coffee, gots to have that first cup.
    4th: You guys (and gals). Before I open my morning emails, I come here to see what's up.
    5th: Love playing video games when I get home.
    6th: TV. Can't keep up with all the shows that fracking DVR records all the time. By Thursday nights, I'm just catching up to Monday's shows.

Believe it or not, I've quit most of my vices over the years.

Rich, even I think you're a perv....
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Rich, even I think you're a perv....
    OMG! Rich! That's like Charles Manson calling you crazy.

Ohhhhhh, that's not good.

Suspended
    What?

What did I say?

OMG! Rich! That's like Charles Manson calling you crazy.

Ohhhhhh, that's not good.
    Thanks FA. I knew that you would support me on... hey! Wait a minute......... Just one minute!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Snuff movies synched to old Cal Tjader albums...

Suspended
    Thanks sticks! My mind is back on straight now.

Thread Information