Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant View Post
    Or how about some strips??

Nobody has stripped here in ages.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I only have three words for you... Sunblock SPF 1000

Seriously, it is rather intense, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

How about a new curtain???

I grew up with too many pastel colors and I like my colors bold and rich. The flash intensified the yellow and with the addition of the blue I find it very beautiful. Oh and I also love my curtains.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I grew up with too many pastel colors and I like my colors bold and rich. The flash intensified the yellow and with the addition of the blue I find it very beautiful. Oh and I also love my curtains.
    Understood...

Then it's PERFECT!

BTW, I striped my kitchen wall vertically with 10 inch strips, but I used the same color for both the stripes. I used eggshell for one strip and semigloss for the other which results is subtle stripping that changes according to how the light reflects on it. I like it.

The other thing that I've noticed is that when I take photo's of my rooms, it doesn't look or feel the same as being there.
    Last edited by StevenSurprenant; 11-08-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Understood...

Then it's PERFECT!

BTW, I striped my kitchen wall vertically with 10 inch strips, but I used the same color for both the stripes. I used eggshell for one strip and semigloss for the other which results is subtle stripping that changes according to how the light reflects on it. I like it.

The other thing that I've noticed is that when I take photo's of my rooms, it doesn't look or feel the same as being there.

Your kitchen sounds very nice. I like that subtle striping. I am limited as what I can do in my apartment. Paint is the safest change since it just needs to be repainted if I move. I am just trying to win the war against beige.

You are right about pictures of a room. The perspective changes with a wide angle lens. I was just bouncing the single flash off the ceiling to light the room. A quick photo instead of a well lit picture for Architectural Digest.

I am somewhat new to interior design. I have more ideas than money to make things happen. I for various reasons did not have the option to decorate or the confidence in my ideas. I am confident I need a new love seat.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Well I have found what I need for the living room. I have found a settee that I like and it will be covered in red fabric. The red is the one swatch on the left. I wish the fabrics did not hide the slight angle of the back but it should be beautiful in the room.What the hell yellow!-red-settee.jpg
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    It looks lovely John. Will that replace the existing sofa or be in addition to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    It looks lovely John. Will that replace the existing sofa or be in addition to it?
    It will replace the loveseat. The back is taller and will work better with the chairs. The seat height is taller so easier to get out of it. Home will be very colorful.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

It will replace the loveseat. The back is taller and will work better with the chairs. The seat height is taller so easier to get out of it. Home will be very colorful.
    Should work well. With due respect, I think it will be a big improvement over the loveseat.

I think it will look nice. My sister wondered if it would be comfortable, which it is, of course I am much more concerned about design than comfort. If you want comfort go to bed. I think the settee will meet my design aesthetic.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I began to think about the previous settee and wondered if I wanted three solid color pieces of furniture in one room. I found this one and it may be what I need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What the hell yellow!-margot-stripe-loveseat-me.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I like that one. I went back and looked at your original picture. I agree that having another solid piece of furniture in there might be a bit too "blocky". And if you went with the red settee you'd be using all the primary colours, which might start to feel a bit harsh after a while. The photo of the settee above is nice and bold, but the stripes will soften the space, I think, and help everything blend together.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Nobody has stripped here in ages.
    Then they should see me drop it while it's hot......well lukewarm.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Negative greenies for the visual of that balding pate and smoggy pallor up on the coffee table tooling for dollar bills. I'm clawing at my mind's eye...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    Negative greenies for the visual of that balding pate and smoggy pallor up on the coffee table tooling for dollar bills. I'm clawing at my mind's eye...

Hey, hey, hey it has been a long time since this place has seen any excitement. Do not discourage anyone willing to work it.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

AR Newbie Registered Member
    As many of you know I like things that are French or remind me of Paris. I love yellows and blues together. I decided to hire a painter to paint my walls yellow. We looked at sample led lighting colors and between his times in Provence and my visiting Paris we thought we had the perfect yellow. This is what I came home to expecting the place to look like the paint sample we had chosen.
    It looks wonderful even I am planning same combination now.
    Last edited by Ronaldjenkins; 02-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.

What the hell yellow!-prod2480135-rh-lamp.jpgDo I need this lamp?
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    Nice lamp.

In time the yellow has muted a bit and the blue is as beautiful as ever. I have to say that I enjoy the combination everyday. I was reading a design magazine and it said not to be afraid of a shock of color in a small space. I must say I am no longer afraid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What the hell yellow!-003-smallest.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

In time the yellow has muted a bit and the blue is as beautiful as ever. I have to say that I enjoy the combination everyday. I was reading a design magazine and it said not to be afraid of a shock of color in a small space. I must say I am no longer afraid.
    I agree about yellow in small places, JM. Here's a pic of our entry vestibule ...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I agree about yellow in small places, JM. Here's a pic of our entry vestibule ...

Very nice. I like your yellow. Rembrandt's "Blue Boy" would look nice in place of the mirror. Of course it might be a little costly.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Forum Regular Registered Member
    As many of you know I like things that are French or remind me of Paris. I love yellows and blues together. I decided to hire a painter to paint my walls yellow. We looked at sample colors and between his times in Provence and my visiting Paris we thought we had the perfect yellow. This is what I came home to expecting the place to look like the paint sample we had chosen.
    It depends on your jurisdiction, which is a good argument. I have only ever rented in PDX and NYC. The New York state code only permits you to keep the walls' original hue after moving in (if you paint them another color, you have to paint them back to the original when you move out). In Portland, I never looked into it. We also painted our concrete pool and thing I learnt was that before purchasing the paint for concrete pool, OP should research this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information