Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

Welcome to visit.

In the past I have enjoyed viewing photos' of members homes. GMichael and ForeverAutumn come to mind. Since I had recently moved I thought I would share a few pictures of my place.

This is a photo of my living room with my stereo system. In the left corner are two cd racks and the one on the left are my favorite classical cd's and on the right a mixture of rock, jazz and vocal music. The rest of the cd's and vinyl are stored in racks in the bedroom closet and some in the linen closet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome to visit.-img_0113_0003-living-room.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Oh and this is my dining room or more accurately the dining area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome to visit.-img_0111_0002-dining-room.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Oh and the bedroom where the magic happens. One night and people disappear. Please notice my video system, 19 inch Magnavox, VCR and DVD player. To the right of the bed is my computer desk and outmoded computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome to visit.-img_0120_0006-bedroom.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    In the past I have enjoyed viewing photos' of members homes. GMichael and ForeverAutumn come to mind. Since I had recently moved I thought I would share a few pictures of my place.

Standard photo of my living/listening room ...

Other rooms at our house are too messy to be photographed!!

Ah, JM! The Columbia Encyclopedia warms me heart, man! I gave my 1968 (?) edition to a friend the other day, and already miss the dern thing! Ummm...are those fuzzy cuddlies on the bed? Oh, boy....

Feanbean: Those Maggies shore are purty! Nice vinyl, too!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Very nice, JM...neat, clean and organized...

...thanks for sharin'
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Ah, JM! The Columbia Encyclopedia warms me heart, man! I gave my 1968 (?) edition to a friend the other day, and already miss the dern thing!

Ummm...are those fuzzy cuddlies on the bed? Oh, boy....

Yes I have fuzzy cuddlies. My motto is it is never too late to have a happy childhood. I am petitioning Build a Bear to stock leather accessories, a vest and jock would be nice. I am not age appropriate.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor

Are those terracotta soldiers from China? My son brought me one from his trip to China.

Is there a story behind the masks?

Sorry for the nosey questions.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing John. Very nice place you have there. Tastefully decorated, but of course I would expect nothing less from you. I especially love that little triangular table between the two chairs. What a nice cozy spot to share your favourite music with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Are those terracotta soldiers from China? My son brought me one from his trip to China.

Is there a story behind the masks?

Sorry for the nosey questions.
    Yep, mini replicate terracotta solldiers from China -- and, as a matter of fact, my son brought them from China for me. How about that!!

My wife bought the masks at a craft show a few years ago; I'll have to ask her the provenance which I can't remember at the moment.

my apt is top secret cause of it's awesome power of awesomeness - so here is a spy pict of my listening room.

don't even try to steal my apt - the awesomeness will melt you.

and my fair city

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

This is a photo of my living room with my stereo system. In the left corner are two cd racks and the one on the left are my favorite classical cd's and on the right a mixture of rock, jazz and vocal music. The rest of the cd's and vinyl are stored in racks in the bedroom closet and some in the linen closet.
    Very nice JM, thanks for sharing. I must say your living rooms looks very cozy.

Sadly, I'm told (by my significant other) I have poor taste when it comes to decorating. Lucky for me I don't have a digital camera with which to embarass myself. Geez, I should join the 21st Century.

Is that a Panda on the bed?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

That's pretty impressive, Feanor. What role does the monitor play on the shelf?

Can't visit you... EVER...

House too neat, too clean.. tooooo "nice". I'd destroy it in one afternoon!! You'd be homeless, I'd feel guilty and both of us would have a price on our heads. We'd be forced to leave the country...

Da Worfster

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Hey Feanor, I hate to let your secret out but I have those exact same bookshelves. We actually used them for books in our old house and have been trying to decide what to do with them in the new house. Seeing them in your place, stained (very nice, BTW) has given me some ideas. In fact, you may have just saved me a couple of thousand dollars on china cabinets! Thanks!
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 07-24-2009 at 06:05 AM.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The rest of the cd's and vinyl are stored in racks in the bedroom closet and some in the linen closet.
    Its time you took your music out of the closet, John.

Anyway, way too cool. Obviously, you are well organized. Myself, I've resorted to filing my CDs by year of release, because the alphabetical order thingy took too much dilligence.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Hey Feanor, I hate to let your secret out but I have those exact same bookshelves. We actually used them for books in our old house and have been trying to decide what to do with them in the new house. Seeing them in your place, stained (very nice, BTW) has given me some ideas. In fact, you may have just saved me a couple of thousand dollars on china cabinets! Thanks!
    Thanks, FA. You're right: they're just standare Ikea.

The monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    That's pretty impressive, Feanor. What role does the monitor play on the shelf?
    The monitor is for my dedicated music compute which is out-of-sight behind the beige cushion on the floor (which provide some noise control for that).

Actually I usually control the music computer from a computer nearer my listening position via remote connect; (the music machine is XP Pro).

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Yep, mini replicate terracotta solldiers from China -- and, as a matter of fact, my son brought them from China for me. How about that!!
    too cool! the kids are alright . . . most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Thanks for sharing John. Very nice place you have there. Tastefully decorated, but of course I would expect nothing less from you. I especially love that little triangular table between the two chairs. What a nice cozy spot to share your favourite music with someone.

Thank you ForeverAutumn for the kind words. I wanted to create a space that was warm and relaxing.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    my apt is top secret cause of it's awesome power of awesomeness - so here is a spy pict of my listening room.

don't even try to steal my apt - the awesomeness will melt you.

and my fair city

aA having a Bonsai increases it's awesomeness.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    the beige cushion on the floor
    Oh, that explains it! I thought that was your center channel speaker. I was going to comment that it was rather squarish, small and off center.

Very nice, John. I think it's time I remodeled my room aethetics like you guys. My room has bachelor written all over it... But I'm still proud of using the Yellow Pages to prop up my couch. Aint no shame, Son!

JRA

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Oh, that explains it! I thought that was your center channel speaker. I was going to comment that it was rather squarish, small and off center.

Hah!

Charm Thai™
    JohnMichael where in Ohio are you from?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information