Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Plans?

Weekend Plans?

I'm bored!!!

What you guys got going this weekend?

Me...I'm gonna be chillin' in Tahoe with the wife for 3 days. Sippin' on my favorite drank and chillin' at the Embassy Suites.......WITH NO KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I'm bored!!!

Me...I'm gonna be chillin' in Tahoe with the wife for 3 days. Sippin' on my favorite drank and chillin' at the Embassy Suites.......WITH NO KIDS
    The wife and I will be going out to dinner to celebrate the kid we have on the way. Just found out yesterday that she's having a girl. That's what we were hoping for.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

4 day weekend back home

Yeah... going home for 4 days I'm attending the Geneva Motor Show all day monday
    In the meantime hopefully I'll be setting up the Kef iQ5 SEs I bought for my parents
    Can't wait!

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Congrats GMichael!!! Teach her about audio and how to type as soon as possible. This site needs more females.

I've been offered tickets for Saturday night's Leaf game, so I'm trying to get out of a family dinner so that we can go to the game. Other than that I hope to catch up on some sleep and hit the driving range for a couple of hours. The temperature is supposed to hit double digits this weekend, so I'm going to sit around, relax and watch the snow melt.

At the rate we are going, do you think this site will still be here when she learns to type? I'll give her your email address though. She can call you Aunt E.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Why don't I have Aunt E.'s e-mail address?
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.

Yeah, I tell you what I'm doing this weekend and you rub my nose in the fact that you'll be in Tahoe. No chance joystick boy.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    At the rate we are going, do you think this site will still be here when she learns to type? I'll give her your email address though. She can call you Aunt E.
    Aunt E. I like it!

L.J. I'm happy to see that you and your wife are able to get away and enjoy some time alone together this weekend. I hope that you have a fantastic weekend!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    damn! the birds are singing outside my window. after the brief cold front that brought snow into parts of Alabama and Mississippi last Friday, it's in the high 60s today and I'm stuck in this damn office. not sure what I'm gonna do this weekend other than try my best to avoid work. I've got da spring fever bad.

I may try a little whiskey hunting this weekend (my latest obsession). Pensacola, FL which is less than an hour away has some great liquor stores. Then, open a new bottle and hang outside if this great weather continues. I'm waiting for that perfect slighlty cool evening when I can sit by the fire pit while sipping some Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey and smoking an Arturo Fuente Shorty Story. I can drag the portable system outdoors and listen to some tunes. I'm discovering a lot of tunes that go really well with whiskey.
    The Black Keys - Attack & Release
    Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
    Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (particularly side 2)
    RL Burnside - A Ass Pocket of Whiskey (no surprise there - this one is great on the second pour and beyond)

Need more time to do more diggin' for more whiskey tunes.

BTW, it's good to hear you've got a great weekend planned, LJ. Saw a news story yesterday on how Vegas is on the skids due to the economy. Not sure about Tahoe, but you may find some decent deals, extras, perks, freebies, etc. while you're there. Be sure to report back (uhh...not on everything).

And, congrats to GM and wife!

Suspended
    Depends on whether or not SOMEBODY can take this site past the *crippled little engine that can't* status.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Congrats GMichael!!! Teach her about audio and how to type as soon as possible. This site needs more females.

I've been offered tickets for Saturday night's Leaf game, so I'm trying to get out of a family dinner so that we can go to the game. Other than that I hope to catch up on some sleep and hit the driving range for a couple of hours. The temperature is supposed to hit double digits this weekend, so I'm going to sit around, relax and watch the snow melt.
    So, about 33 degrees F. huh?

88 degrees here today, about 90 tomorrow. GAWD I love Global Warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    So, about 33 degrees F. huh?

88 degrees here today, about 90 tomorrow. GAWD I love Global Warming.
    10C = 50F. So it's about 45F here today and supposed to reach about 60F tomorrow.

90F tomorrow? Really? So what's it like there in July and August? We don't usually hit 90 until late June/early July here. Then it gets humid as hell and 90 feels more like 105.

Hey Aunt E. When was the last time a twister went through your parts?

I didn't know they used Celcius degrees in Canada..

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I mo curse y'all with lyrical voodoo...

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    I think that's pretty much how it is everywhere but here. I was told in grammer school that we would be entirely switch over within 10 years. That was in 1972. What's the conversion from US years to Celcius years anyhow?

Hey Aunt E. When was the last time a twister went through your parts?
    We get a few every year. But the last one that I remember where there was a lot of damage (thankfully, no deaths) was in 2005 (I had to look up the date). There were a couple in Feanor's neck of the woods last year (I learned that when looking up the 2005 date).

Quote Originally Posted by audio amatuer
    Canada used the Imperial system up until the early 70's when we switched to the Metric system. I belong to the first generation of Canadians brought up on Metric in the school system. I can take measurements in either feet or metres, but I really only understand Celsius when it come to temperatures. I had to pull out a temp converter to make sense of Rich's post.

Simple...

TRY TO GET F***IN' WARM!!!!!

I'm bout sick of this winter.

Da "grousing old man" Worfster

Hang in there Worf. Winter ends in 15 days.

(But it won't get warm for 2 more months)

Canada used the Imperial system up until the early 70's when we switched to the Metric system. I belong to the first generation of Canadians brought up on Metric in the school system. I can take measurements in either feet or metres, but I really only understand Celsius when it come to temperatures. I had to pull out a temp converter to make sense of Rich's post.
    I'm just a little older than you. I was in school when they were making the "conversion" and I use both equally. The industry I'm in uses Imperial but for most all else metric prevails.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I'm obviously more used to Celsius but I have a rough idea of what is what when people are talking Farhenheit.
    Converting is a pain because the relationship isn't linear.

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    I'm obviously more used to Celsius but I have a rough idea of what is what when people are talking Farhenheit.
    Converting is a pain because the relationship isn't linear.
    I have a really nice conversion program on my Palm Pilot. It can convert almost anything to anything else. Want to know the conversion from Celsius to Kelvin? Howabout to Rankine? Or perhaps you want to know how many ounce force inches in a pound force foot? I don't know what any of those mean, but I can convert them for you.

I took a lot of science classes back in the day, so I'm fairly used to the metric system. Wish we'd make the switch finally. Everything is half and half now. My pool stick is 68 inches long but has a 12 mm tip. And it weighs 18.75 ounces. WTF is that about? Cars have 1.8 liter engines but have 50 inches of headroom.
    Last edited by GMichael; 03-05-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Metric is adapted to the way we count, so it makes more sense really.
    I have a really nice conversion program on my Palm Pilot. It can convert almost anything to anything else. Want to know the conversion from Celsius to Kelvin? Howabout to Rankine? Or perhaps you want to know how many ounce force inches in a pound force foot? I don't know what any of those mean, but I can convert them for you.
    Those are measures of torque. Torque is basically a rotational force if you like ( for example, it's used sometime to measure the optimum force you apply to a bolt in order for it to be safely screwed, if you see what I mean). It's also a measure of an engine's 'power'. Sweet program

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    America will never switch to metric. Ever. It's what make's us well...American. It might not make a lot of sense, but there is a lot of feeling against metric.

It will continue to be taught in science, but as a practical matter, we love our quirky system.

I like pounds and inches. I don't care that metric is a base 10 system. It doesn't matter that it is easier. It's not American.

The US going metric has as much chance as Mexico, Canada, and the US introducing the "Ploony Greenback" (Peso, Loony, Dollar). Like it or not, it's here to stay. And you goofs in Canada better get used to it. We may have the screwy measurement system....but you have Quebec.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Thanks for the comments folks.

Well turns out we're leaving today instead of tomorrow so I'm outta here.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information