Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Baby!

Wink Vegas Baby!

I seem to recall FA saying she is taking a trip to Vegas. I also recall 'sticks' suggesting a little AR get together of sorts. I don't remember exactly when FA said she's going to Vegas, but I thought she may have said April. FA, please tell us again when you are traveling.

Why not get together in Vegas while FA is there? It's def. not a bad idea. I can drive and be there in about 4-5 hours. I think I've seen a few of you are in AZ, CA and well GM, can't you bring wifey out for a trip? It would be fun. Sticks can travel, I know he can take the time, if he wants to, and Richie, you are kinda in the middle.

If everyone can't gather or get to Vegas then why not plan one event on the West Coast & another on the East (later in the year) and see who makes it where?

Just a thought. I'm up for a Vegas trip. My sister in law lives outside Vegas and so I could grab her (she's a party animal!) and go meet up with FA. I guess whoever else wants to show, can.

Whatcha guys think bout' it???
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    No thanks. I've already been given a subpoena this week.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Kex + Vegas =

Ajani
    And the next get together could be in the Caribbean!!! St. Kitts is a good place for an AR get together...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    And the next get together could be in the Caribbean!!! St. Kitts is a good place for an AR get together...
    If that offer is still good next year I might be seriously tempted to take you up on it.

Now you're talkin'!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Kex + Vegas =

I'll second that one. Upon my return, I needed several days for my Blood Alcohol Level to drop back into the legal range from my last trip in March.

But..........I am game for taking over Ajani's house for a few days. What't the worst that could happen if we all knocked on his door one day and said, "We're Here"!

I'll be in the Keys again for about 7 days in July, I could always steer the boat further south!

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    St. Kitts could work with enough notice to save some sheckels. Or we could go on an AR Carribean cruise! How fun would that be?!

I have a brother who's a travel agent. He organized a cruise for an on-line Euchre league that he plays in. He could do something similar for us.

How many bones does a cruise in the Caribbean set a guy back these days?

And am I spelling Caribbean wrong or are you guys?

I'll be in Chicago in late April..any Ar.com folk 'round them parts?

As it gets closer gimme a shout. Chi-town ain't nothing but a thang...but if memory serves me I may be in Florida the last week of April.

Oops! One ar, two bees. My mistake.

The price of a cruise depends on many factors. Time of year, itinerary, cabin type and location. You can get a cruise pretty cheap if you don't mind an inside cabin on a lower deck. The nice thing about a cruise is that it includes all your meals. But booze'll cost you. And if you want to do any shore excursions, that'll add to the cost too. But with a little research you can often book things on your own for less than the ship will charge. Hubby and I did a cruise two years ago and we only paid for one shore excursion in Grand Cayman. Otherwise we just wandered around the ports on our own.

With the economy in the tank, there may be some good cruise deals this year. The ship's gotta sail whether there's 100% occupancy or only 50%. They'd rather fill the ship at half the price than sail empty.

JSE

A coworker just booked a 7 day cruise for just over $600/person. But, that's out of Galveston just south Houston. Not sure about prices out of Miami.

What about something like this? Four nights in Florida and Bahamas. Out of Miami. Click on the tab for "other dates". There's some great prices in Oct/Nov of 2009. It's hurricane season, but what are the odds of getting hit?

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    It's hurricane season, but what are the odds of getting hit?
    La La La La La La La La, I can't hear you............

Yep, we're now doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    What about something like this? Four nights in Florida and Bahamas. Out of Miami. Click on the tab for "other dates". There's some great prices in Oct/Nov of 2009.
    Looks good, very good.

As for that other thing that you may...or may not...have said, I need you trace a circle and a swastika on the nearest flat surface, put your fist to your heart, and under your breath mutter, "Criss-cross, baby's ass, Nazi Love Curse". Seriously. JoSE's right, you can't mess with this stuff.

---superstickious

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Looks good, very good.

As for that other thing that you may...or may not...have said, I need you trace a circle and a swastika on the nearest flat surface, put your fist to your heart, and under your breath mutter, "Criss-cross, baby's ass, Nazi Love Curse". Seriously. JoSE's right, you can't mess with this stuff.

---superstickious
    Everyone must remember to fly first class too. It's worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vegas Baby!-first-class.jpg  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Looks good, very good.

---superstickious

The peanut butter!!!!! You forgot to mention the peanut butter!!!! You have to have 1/2 cup of peanut butter shove in your mouth when your muttering!

Whew, that was close.

Suspended
    My sister and I drove to Vegas a couple of years ago. Took us ONE day just to get across the border into NM.

I'm planning to see friends and family this summer up in NJ; a friend has a house in Seaside Heights (Jersey shore), so that's where I'll probably be. I'm SURE nobody wants to meet me there, but I'll tell ya what, there's clubs and bars on every street corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    My sister and I drove to Vegas a couple of years ago. Took us ONE day just to get across the border into NM.

I'm planning to see friends and family this summer up in NJ; a friend has a house in Seaside Heights (Jersey shore), so that's where I'll probably be. I'm SURE nobody wants to meet me there, but I'll tell ya what, there's clubs and bars on every street corner!
    I've been there. This little town is like a min-spring break all summer long. But if you really want to score, you need to be in a black Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    but I'll tell ya what, there's clubs and bars on every street corner!

That sounds fun.
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Everyone must remember to fly first class too. It's worth it.
    Well, since you put it like that..

Geez, I'm gonna have to have a chat with my boss. To keep costs down, when we fly I seem to always get coach next to Ms Self-righteous vegetarian and Mr. VIP-bluetooth headset on a plane guy.
    Was that a real shot, or a Photoshopped jobber? Kinda makes you think...I guarantee you some fat suit would have Kex's ass hanging off his seat on the raft.
    Last edited by kexodusc; 02-05-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Well, since you put it like that..

Geez, I'm gonna have to have a chat with my boss. To keep costs down, when we fly I seem to always get coach next to Ms Self-righteous vegetarian and Mr. VIP-bluetooth headset on a plane guy.
    Was that a real shot, or a Photoshopped jobber? Kinda makes you think...I guarantee you some fat suit would Kex's ass hanging off his seat on the raft.
    I always sit between, fat, unclean, slob guy who falls asleep and leans on me, and Mom with 7 screeming kids kicking my seat behind me.

Not sure where the pic came from. Got it from the local radio station's website.

I always sit between, fat, unclean, slob guy who falls asleep and leans on me, and Mom with 7 screeming kids kicking my seat behind me.

Hey that's funny, I always meet very interesting people @ the airport and on planes.

Once (a long time ago) I met this guy and he was stopping in Chicago and I had a layover there, so I met his friends and we fooled them all by saying that we had gotten hitched before I had to head to my connecting flight. It was fun.

It seems I always end up talking w/ the person next to me for the whole duration of the flight.

And by the way, GM, I've been the mom w/ the screaming kid a time or two and that SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Beats
    Hey that's funny, I always meet very interesting people @ the airport and on planes.

Once (a long time ago) I met this guy and he was stopping in Chicago and I had a layover there, so I met his friends and we fooled them all by saying that we had gotten hitched before I had to head to my connecting flight. It was fun.

It seems I always end up talking w/ the person next to me for the whole duration of the flight.

And by the way, GM, I've been the mom w/ the screaming kid a time or two and that SUCKS!
    I can understand that kids are not adults and sometimes run amuck. I never blame parents of crying babies, or who at least try to control their kids. What I don't like is when mom doesn't say anything to them and just takes a nap while I'm left to be the one to deal with them.

Trade ya

Not sure where the pic came from. Got it from the local radio station's website.
    Yeah but I bet he doesn't try to make you feel guilty for eating that ****ty roast beef sandwich...As for the kids, been there...some brilliant stewardess thought it wise to give the 4 year old next to me some fruit punch. I didn't like that suit anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information