Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry UPS lost my C-1's

OK, so I'm waiting for my C-1's the last couple of days and finally give UPS a call. I'm told that after their final arrival scan to Sacramento. the package has come up missing. How the hell do you lose a package in a building? What you mean, is someone got themselves a new pair of speakers. I'm so pissed I could . Has anyone else had problems with ups?

This makes quit a few times for me and I'm getting fed up with em.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    OK, so I'm waiting for my C-1's the last couple of days and finally give UPS a call. I'm told that after their final arrival scan to Sacramento. the package has come up missing. How the hell do you lose a package in a building? What you mean, is someone got themselves a new pair of speakers. I'm so pissed I could . Has anyone else had problems with ups?

I remember Jim Clark had his VR4jr's "misplaced" for a few weeks there. I think it was UPS, but you may want to ask him directly.

BTW, good to see another Calvin & Hobbes fan. When Waterson stopped making the strip because of creative differences with the syndicate, I literally stopped reading the comics. No joke. It wasn't to support his argument, but rather because Calvin was the last, great comic worth reading IMHO. The bad thing is the the bastardization of the comic's values with all of the Calvin likeness' peeing on Chevy bowties or doing some other juvenile thing.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    my old street address number was the same as the neighborhood high school's (same #, but different street). UPS delivered my dvd player, my 3-shelf audio rack and something else (may have been a pair of speakers) to the high school at different times. Imagine my state of mind when I found out that these items were delivered to the local teenage nuthouse! I thought I'd never see'em. Fortunately, I went to school there and some of the old-timer administration people let me in after school to go through their packages.

Did you contact the place you bought them (email) Try to have UPS sent you a email also for your with what happen.Must have insurance on these?No matter UPS is responsable for your lost.What a bunch of moron to loose L.J speakers.Hope everything turns alright ,they should credit you for shipping ,thats the least they could do .

I got the speakers from someone on Audiogon. He's been really cool about the situation and has ordered a "trace". I still don't understand how these people could lose a box inside a building. They were insured, thank goodness. Worse case scenerio is UPS refunds the money and I have to hunt down another pair of C-1's. I'm still pissed because this puts a huge delay on my system.

I got the speakers from someone on Audiogon. He's been really cool about the situation and has ordered a "trace". I still don't understand how these people could lose a box inside a building. They were insured, thank goodness. Worse case scenerio is UPS refunds the money and I have to hunt down another pair of C-1's. I'm still pissed because this puts a huge delay on my system.
    You tell UPS they owe the C-3 for the trouble

Years ago, my mother sent me a computer, monitor, and printer (bought used from a neighbor) to me via UPS. My address was on West Main Street, but she had neglected to indicate "west" or "W." on the address. Oddly, one of the three boxes arrived at my apartment and was the only indication that something was amiss. I called UPS and they had the other two boxes in their warehouse and considered them undeilverable. In case you're wondering, my address number was not possible on the "East" Main street desgination. Go figure how I got one box but not the other two. I had to go down to UPS to get said boxes. The comedy completed itself when I could not fit the monitor box into my little hatchback and had to open it whereby all the popcorn stuffing flew across the UPS parking lot via some fortuitous wind.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO!

That so sucks donky dust. Good luck man. Hope they show up soon.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO!

That so sucks donky dust. Good luck man. Hope they show up soon.
    I talked to the guy who sold me the C-1's and he has a second pair he's willing to ship if the orginal pair was stolen.......oh, I mean lost by ups somehow. I will be going the Fed-x route from now on.

Apparantly, my house is invisible because UPS is having a helluva time finding it. Not only has it been 10 days since my C-1's shipped from AZ they also failed to show up with my Titanic kit that was scheduled for delivery yesterday. My C-1's were "lost" in there Sac. facility for about 3 days and was also sheduled(after 10 days) to be delivered yesterday. The suckers never show up. This is ridiculous. I just waiting for them to show up with 3 mangled boxes to put the icing on the cake. This has happened to me too many times and I'm fed up. They've even delivered re boxed item to me in the past. What the hell is that, you destroy a product during delivery, so you attempt to re box the item and just drop it on my porch. Not much the little guy can do but be pissed . Hey UPS thanks for the wonderful service. You will be my #1 choice for shipping from now on

(LJ storms to his car mumbling to hisself, hits the gas and skids out the parking lot)

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Ouch, LJ...sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've had my share of run-ins with every shipper. I don't find Fed Ex any better...I had nothing but problems with them not billing me, then billing me 6 months after the fact while telling the shipper they'd charge him, so I would be ripping him off.

Fed Ex has a bad habbit of leaving speakers and amps in 2 feet of snow in -38F weather too.

UPS just beats the absolute tar out of the boxes. I swear they hire a guy to take a bat and pound on every shipment. I've never had a package arrive that didn't look as though it just walked out from a bar fight. The only time I had something damaged, Parts Express sent me a brand new woofer free and told me to keep the old one as a flower pot. I fixed the bent rim and got 2 woofers for the price of one. I love those guys.

My all time favorite was when I ordered my new computer. I built it from pieces and apparantly all these parts were shipped separately. One by one, they started arriving with Fed Ex labels attached that read somthing very close to:

"Attention valued customer, due to a delivery truck experiencing an off-road collision, there is a chance the item(s) enclosed have been damaged/broken. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions call 1-800...."

I remember thinking "this can't be good"...and then later "off-road collision"...was the driver using the Fed Ex truck as an ATV?

When I called and tried to get my insurance claim through, whaddys suppose they told me? "We're sorry, insurance doesn't cover damaged items".

It took me over a 3months of arguing with Fed Ex (and a lot of help from the shipper) to recover my $1100 and the shipping fee. I really hope UPS treats you better than Fed Ex has treated me.

I find UPS customer service to be generally good, but delivery service to be sub-par, and Fed Ex delivery service to be acceptable (usually) and their customer service to be terrible.

Pick your poison, I guess.

Bummer

When I first saw a new post here I thought that your speakers had showed up. What a let down. So sorry LJ. I hope they show up soon, undamaged & dry.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Ouch, LJ...sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've had my share of run-ins with every shipper. I don't find Fed Ex any better...I had nothing but problems with them not billing me, then billing me 6 months after the fact while telling the shipper they'd charge him, so I would be ripping him off.

Fed Ex has a bad habbit of leaving speakers and amps in 2 feet of snow in -38F weather too.

UPS just beats the absolute tar out of the boxes. I swear they hire a guy to take a bat and pound on every shipment. I've never had a package arrive that didn't look as though it just walked out from a bar fight. The only time I had something damaged, Parts Express sent me a brand new woofer free and told me to keep the old one as a flower pot. I fixed the bent rim and got 2 woofers for the price of one. I love those guys.

My all time favorite was when I ordered my new computer. I built it from pieces and apparantly all these parts were shipped separately. One by one, they started arriving with Fed Ex labels attached that read somthing very close to:

"Attention valued customer, due to a delivery truck experiencing an off-road collision, there is a chance the item(s) enclosed have been damaged/broken. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions call 1-800...."

I remember thinking "this can't be good"...and then later "off-road collision"...was the driver using the Fed Ex truck as an ATV?

When I called and tried to get my insurance claim through, whaddys suppose they told me? "We're sorry, insurance doesn't cover damaged items".

It took me over a 3months of arguing with Fed Ex (and a lot of help from the shipper) to recover my $1100 and the shipping fee. I really hope UPS treats you better than Fed Ex has treated me.

I find UPS customer service to be generally good, but delivery service to be sub-par, and Fed Ex delivery service to be acceptable (usually) and their customer service to be terrible.

Pick your poison, I guess.
    I have to agree with you Kex. As bad as UPS seems to be, they are better than the others. It can help to ship UPS orange (3-day) instead of brown (ground). They seem to treat these shipments better.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I think all shipping services are a crap shoot. When I ordered a new int. amp last summer it was offered with a free upgrade power cord. Since I live in an apartment complex they will not leave it at the door so I took time off from work for the delivery. Fed Ex was the carrier. The driver arrived and brought the box to the door. The way it was tucked under his arm I knew it could not be the amp. The box was marked one of two and I asked where two was. He had no idea and I went inside to unpack my brand new power cord and had nothing to plug it into. I called and found out my amp was on the wrong truck and touring another city. Now of course I have to take more time off from work to receive the amp. I request delivery after 1:30pm. LOL At 9:00am I swing by the apartment after a meeting to pick up some paper work. Sure enough the tag was there saying Fed Ex attempted to deliver. Well never being too proud to throw a hissy fit I called and complained until they finally agreed to make another delivery attempt. About 2pm a rather unhappy driver returned with my amp. I am sure he was also concerned about my mental stability at this point but what the hell I got my amp.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    UPS just beats the absolute tar out of the boxes. I swear they hire a guy to take a bat and pound on every shipment. I've never had a package arrive that didn't look as though it just walked out from a bar fight.
    Kex, you are so right about that. I've been in a UPS facility and they put a new meaning to the words slangin' boxes. The people just stand there while a conveyor feeds them boxes and just pretty much just toss em in the truck.

Yeh, i remeber how my VMPS RM30's looked after UPS had two weeks with them from California to North Carolina. Not pretty!

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

L.J. -

Wow! What a drag. I get the impression that someone with a brown uniform somewhere is listening to a pair of new C-1s that "fell off the truck." Either that or the mob has setup shop over in the Valley!

Another solution for delivery would be to have them go to a work address, or specify that you want UPS air service. When I lived in San Francisco, I had all kinds of issues with UPS (partly because my flat had a security gate, and UPS would sometimes leave stuff on the front steps within clear view of a busy sidewalk if no one was home). Deliveries to my work address have been fine.

One thing that I have noticed though is that UPS air service seems to treat the packages a lot better than the UPS ground service. For one thing, I think that the packages pass through fewer hands when going out by air) I noticed this when Adire messed up with sending out my subwoofer. When they discovered that they had sent the sub to the wrong address, they immediately sent a replacement via UPS second day air, and that unit arrived with the box in almost spotless condition. (The original unit was fortunately sent back to Adire after a certain number of failed delivery attempts) And even if it got abused, it probably would have survived intact because Adire sent out all of their subwoofers using stuffed double boxes. And my experiences with sending stuff via UPS, double boxing is a very smart way to go.

My speaker stands from Sound Anchor were an entirely different matter altogether! Those went out from Florida via UPS ground service. It took a week to arrive, and those boxes looked like they'd seen combat duty! A good portion of the outside had been torn off, and there was dirt and markings all over. (Granted, the box was unusually tall and heavy because the stands were prebuilt with not user assembly) Fortunately, the stands themselves were joined together for delivery using a steel girder section and bolted steel plates. Plus, the stands themselves are very rugged and someone would really have to intentionally do something in order to damage them.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    L.J. -

Wow! What a drag. I get the impression that someone with a brown uniform somewhere is listening to a pair of new C-1s that "fell off the truck." Either that or the mob has setup shop over in the Valley!

Another solution for delivery would be to have them go to a work address, or specify that you want UPS air service. When I lived in San Francisco, I had all kinds of issues with UPS (partly because my flat had a security gate, and UPS would sometimes leave stuff on the front steps within clear view of a busy sidewalk if no one was home). Deliveries to my work address have been fine.

One thing that I have noticed though is that UPS air service seems to treat the packages a lot better than the UPS ground service. For one thing, I think that the packages pass through fewer hands when going out by air) I noticed this when Adire messed up with sending out my subwoofer. When they discovered that they had sent the sub to the wrong address, they immediately sent a replacement via UPS second day air, and that unit arrived with the box in almost spotless condition. (The original unit was fortunately sent back to Adire after a certain number of failed delivery attempts) And even if it got abused, it probably would have survived intact because Adire sent out all of their subwoofers using stuffed double boxes. And my experiences with sending stuff via UPS, double boxing is a very smart way to go.

My speaker stands from Sound Anchor were an entirely different matter altogether! Those went out from Florida via UPS ground service. It took a week to arrive, and those boxes looked like they'd seen combat duty! A good portion of the outside had been torn off, and there was dirt and markings all over. (Granted, the box was unusually tall and heavy because the stands were prebuilt with not user assembly) Fortunately, the stands themselves were joined together for delivery using a steel girder section and bolted steel plates. Plus, the stands themselves are very rugged and someone would really have to intentionally do something in order to damage them.
    I absolutely agree about the air vs. ground shipments. We receive hundreds of packages a day here. The few that get lost or damaged are almost always ground shipments. I have found the orange (3-day) is also treated better than ground, but not as good as blue or red.
    UPS has still had a better track record for us than Airborne, DHL, or even Fedex.
    We double box everything.

The Saga Continues!!!!

Packages never showed up yesterday, so I called UPS this morning. Here's how the call went:

LJ - Yes, I gotta couple of boxes missing. One should have been delivered on the 2nd and hasn't showed up and two more were scheduled for the 6th and are not here. Your system shows as out for delivery on the 6th.....today's the 8th, what exactly is going on.

UPS - Sir, were going to need your third tracking #. Yes, I see. Sir are you able to contact the shippers?

LJ - Yes, WHY?

UPS - Sir, these packages need to be traced and only the shipper can put a trace on them.

LJ - Yes I can contact the shippers. But a trace was already put on my first package that was SUPPOSED to be here on the 2nd. Your system SAYS out for delivery. Why do they need to be traced(at this point I start to breath a little heavy)

UPS - Sir, we apoligize, but we can't do nothing without a trace. Perhaps the packages are large and sitting on a shelf. We need the shippers to give us full details of the packages and their contents in case a claim needs to be filed.

LJ - ............

UPS - Sir, we do apoligize.

LJ - ...........(still bitting my tongue since my wife and 7 year old are looking right at me)

UPS - Sir, we do apoligize.

LJ - Yes, I'll notify the shippers.

UPS - Sir, we do apoligize and we'll get right on this. (hangs up)

Man, they can shove their Apoligys where the sun dont shine.
    Last edited by Florian; 03-08-2006 at 08:18 AM.

Sorry about crushing all your hopes and dreams sir. But aren't they just speakers sir. Can't you just hum to yourself till they get there sir? If you bought Bose you could have picked them up at a local store and none of this would have happened sir. But we are very sorry sir. Sir? Are you still on the line Sir? Hello?

Tires can be heard screeching in the background as L.J. begins his drive to the local UPS hub.

Tires can be heard screeching in the background as L.J. begins his drive to the local UPS hub.
    Dumdumdum......(theme music)

Hello Sir! How can i help you?

-----silence.....(scary theme)

Tires can be heard screeching in the background as L.J. begins his drive to the UPS Headquaters.

Oh and my wife is loving it. Talking about getting her sweet revenge.....The smile that pops on her face when one of those stupid UPS "what can brown do for you" commercials comes on. Funny is that in those commercials they claim to be the fastest with more packages delivered on time than anyone else. What they need to tell us is ship AIR if you want your package on time and not smashed by some guy named Bruno.

Oh and my wife is loving it. Talking about getting her sweet revenge.....The smile that pops on her face when one of those stupid UPS "what can brown do for you" commercials comes on. Funny is that in those commercials they claim to be the fastest with more packages delivered on time than anyone else. What they need to tell us is ship AIR if you want your package on time and not smashed by some guy named Bruno.
    Oh no! Did she go shopping yet?

Oh no! Did she go shopping yet?
    No, but she has made reference to her hair a couple of times. I'll tell ya, this woman can put a couple of hundred into her hair easy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information