Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar

Thanks for being a nice guy

I've been a Cust. Super. at this elem school for 22 years and in the district for 25 with a clean record. Yesterday morning i see the VP talking to a parent about her 3rd grade son that brought 2 $100 bills to school. He said he gave one away and lost the other. About an hour latter i go out to the far end of the playground to check on the bathrooms and wow,a fricken $100 bill blown up against the fence. Cool,stick it in my pocket,chech the bathroom and go to the office. The mom is still sitting on the bence in front of the office. I go into the VP office,tell her what i found and walk out to the parent with her and hand it over with a big old smile on my face. Hand it over,tell her how i found it and the first words out of her mouth is,wheres the other one? Beats me,this is all i saw. She looks at the VP and says i want him searched. The VP calls the Principal and i'm in her office taking everything out of my pockets. Now i've had a $100 bill folded up and inbetween 2 pictures in my wallet for years and they find it. Well now it belongs to the mom and i'm guilty. I tell them all they have to do is call either one of my daughters or wife and ask whats between the pictures because they know. Nope,security comes out and questions me until they call all three and get the same answer. Well,well,well,the moms fricken kid has the other bill in his pants pocket all the time and didnt check until they wanted to make sure before they took me downtrown. The only thing they say is,put your stuff back in your pants and go back to work,end of story and everybody has a good laugh and the mom is happy as hell. To bad i'm pissed and there isnt a dam thing i can do except take it.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    I've been a Cust. Super. at this elem school for 22 years and in the district for 25 with a clean record. Yesterday morning i see the VP talking to a parent about her 3rd grade son that brought 2 $100 bills to school. He said he gave one away and lost the other. About an hour latter i go out to the far end of the playground to check on the bathrooms and wow,a fricken $100 bill blown up against the fence. Cool,stick it in my pocket,chech the bathroom and go to the office. The mom is still sitting on the bence in front of the office. I go into the VP office,tell her what i found and walk out to the parent with her and hand it over with a big old smile on my face. Hand it over,tell her how i found it and the first words out of her mouth is,wheres the other one? Beats me,this is all i saw. She looks at the VP and says i want him searched. The VP calls the Principal and i'm in her office taking everything out of my pockets. Now i've had a $100 bill folded up and inbetween 2 pictures in my wallet for years and they find it. Well now it belongs to the mom and i'm guilty. I tell them all they have to do is call either one of my daughters or wife and ask whats between the pictures because they know. Nope,security comes out and questions me until they call all three and get the same answer. Well,well,well,the moms fricken kid has the other bill in his pants pocket all the time and didnt check until they wanted to make sure before they took me downtrown. The only thing they say is,put your stuff back in your pants and go back to work,end of story and everybody has a good laugh and the mom is happy as hell. To bad i'm pissed and there isnt a dam thing i can do except take it.
    That f*ckin s*cks big time! No sorry? No thank you? No sense of decency?

For what it's worth, you get a big fat, "I'm sorry" from me.
    I'm sorry that you had to go through that.
    I'm sorry for what you will feel whenever you think back on this.
    I'm sorry that you will still have to see these people.
    I'm sorry that the world has gotten to this point with no relief in sight.
    I'm sorry that there is nothing I can do to help.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Well, my lawyer brother would suggest there's a lot more you COULD do...
    I don't believe your contract would entitle your employer to unauthorized searches. Not to mention the enduring humiliation and repercussions of that attack on your noble character...

I would have at least said something fitting to the idiot mother...and your employer.
    Who the hell gives their kid 2 C-bills, anyway? And if the kid wasn't given them, he stole them - says something about the kid's character and the parent's.

I know alot of people would criticize a person who decided to sue in this case. Turn the other cheek and all. Screw that. I know you're a big boy and are probably over it already but too many employers today still get a free ride on too many fundamental issues of rights and principles - not because they're evil, but because they're stupid. In 1996, you might have got a bit of sympathy for being sued, but in 2006, with all that's happened - if you're STILL dumb enough to put yourself in that position, you derserve it!

The only way to teach them is to hit'em where it hurts most - the bottom line. I say stick it to 'em, Shocky.

Then use the proceeds to a) retire, and b) buy the sweetest freakin' home theater you can cram in your home.

Jerks.
    Sue the mom too.

(PS if ya need a good lawyer.... )

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    That is just shltty! First of all, what the hell is this woman thinking, letting her 3rd grader get his hands on $200 bucks! How irresponsible. And then to have the nerve to blame you! If you really wanted to steal the money you wouldn't have turned in the $100 in the first place!

I was getting angry just reading your post. That sucks. Do you have a good boss? Can you go to him/her and tell them what happened and how you're feeling? That mother and the Principal owe you a big apology. They should be thanking you for your honesty.

Meanwhile, the kid obviously lied. He said that he gave one away and lost the other, meanwhile he's got one of them in his pocket. I wonder if he'll even be punished.

Some people are just a$$holes.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I would also like to apologize for their ignorance. The first thing that amazes me is that after your years of service thet they would even doubt your honesty and loyalty. I like Kexodusc's idea of getting a lawyer.

I had the honor and privlage of managing the support services department of the local hospital for four years. I was amazed when I was first promoted that if something turned up missing they always thought it must be the lowest paid staff members taking things. Time and time again when a nurse had her money stolen out of her purse I was called to see who worked that unit. Time and time again it was another nurse or an aide that lifted the money. My folks were the hardest working people in the place and the most honest. One of the ladies in laudry found a doctor's necklace and brought it to my office. It had 3 beautiful diamonds and a platinum mount. We notified the doctor and she never even thanked the department. That lady could have easily taken that home and enjoyed it for herself but they were all very honest. People are amazing.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Does your...

I've been a Cust. Super....i'm pissed and there isnt a dam thing i can do except take it.
    ...local tee-vee station have a "troubleshooters" (or some such) reporter?...Are you represented by a union? Did you consider legal action for defamation of character...even if not, ask everyone who was involved if they would consider being a witness in a civil suit against X...X being anyone involved who isn't the one you are asking...tell the VP your suing the mother, tell the mother your suing the school district and/or the VP...you know that sorta' thing...give 'em all something to think about...

Unfortunately the old adage of " No good deed goes unpunished" still rings true...probably been better off keepin' the cash...after all who lets a 3rd grader walk around with 200 clams in it's pocket?

As a lapsed member of the human race, I can only give my apologies for the embarrassment you suffered at the hands of a few self-centered and/or kowtowing, dipwads who unfortunately breathe the same air as we do...

jimHJJ(...and folks wonder why I tend toward the misanthropic...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Sue their a$$! Nail 'em.

I'm serious.

It's up to you to stamp out rampant stupidity. If you don't do something, these doughnuts will keep pulling this kind of crap because they think it's all right. It's not. Like FA, I was getting fumed just reading your post. You must have been furious !

Get an attorney. Call the local news. Write a letter to the editor of the paper. Skewer them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Well, my lawyer brother would suggest there's a lot more you COULD do...
    I don't believe your contract would entitle your employer to unauthorized searches. Not to mention the enduring humiliation and repercussions of that attack on your noble character...

I would have at least said something fitting to the idiot mother...and your employer.
    Who the hell gives their kid 2 C-bills, anyway? And if the kid wasn't given them, he stole them - says something about the kid's character and the parent's.

I know alot of people would criticize a person who decided to sue in this case. Turn the other cheek and all. Screw that. I know you're a big boy and are probably over it already but too many employers today still get a free ride on too many fundamental issues of rights and principles - not because they're evil, but because they're stupid. In 1996, you might have got a bit of sympathy for being sued, but in 2006, with all that's happened - if you're STILL dumb enough to put yourself in that position, you derserve it!

The only way to teach them is to hit'em where it hurts most - the bottom line. I say stick it to 'em, Shocky.

Then use the proceeds to a) retire, and b) buy the sweetest freakin' home theater you can cram in your home.

Jerks.
    Sue the mom too.

(PS if ya need a good lawyer.... )
    What contract?
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That is just shltty! First of all, what the hell is this woman thinking, letting her 3rd grader get his hands on $200 bucks! How irresponsible. And then to have the nerve to blame you! If you really wanted to steal the money you wouldn't have turned in the $100 in the first place!

I was getting angry just reading your post. That sucks. Do you have a good boss? Can you go to him/her and tell them what happened and how you're feeling? That mother and the Principal owe you a big apology. They should be thanking you for your honesty.

Meanwhile, the kid obviously lied. He said that he gave one away and lost the other, meanwhile he's got one of them in his pocket. I wonder if he'll even be punished.

Some people are just a$$holes.
    The Principal IS my boss.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Sue their a$$! Nail 'em.

I'm serious.

It's up to you to stamp out rampant stupidity. If you don't do something, these doughnuts will keep pulling this kind of crap because they think it's all right. It's not. Like FA, I was getting fumed just reading your post. You must have been furious !

Get an attorney. Call the local news. Write a letter to the editor of the paper. Skewer them all.
    I know people that have tried to sue. Most settle for very little and no longer have a job. Others are still at it,7,8,9 years latter. District has unlimited lawyer funds and can draw it out FOREVER. I am unrepresented and as others have been,can be fired at anytime. I have 7 years to retrire so for that my hands are tied and we{other super.] just bend over and take it.
    Look & Listen

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Sue their a$$! Nail 'em.

I'm serious.

Local news. LMAO. Everybody knows everything that the local paper prints about the district is approved by the district. Thats commonly known throughout the district,always has been.
    Look & Listen

I remember a few years ago when it was raining and the kids at another school were playing in the restroom,running and sliding on the wet floor. CS walks in,see them and puts his hand on the shoulder of one of the students and told them all to knock it off and leave. He was fired for that,not for worrying about them getting hurt,putting his hand on the student like that. Parents complained and that was it. When the parents complain,the district always whats to keep them happy and they dont have a problem getting rid of a non-represented employee.

BTW,i've already let this go because in the long run,i have to. I'm abit use to it,being yelled at over the walkie-talkie for all else to hear,talked down to in meetings,all by the Principal. Its just her style.
    Look & Listen

You have my deepest sympathy. I know that I hate it when someone questions my integrity, I can only imagine the frustration and insult you felt to be subjected to an employer of that many years. I know what you're saying about parents and that what I like about teaching college, don't have to deal with parents.

It is sad to be punished or made to feel guilty when doing a good deed. I seldom do a good deed after seeing several of them go bad. Basically unless the mood suits me it is "survival of the fittest" for me.

Having worked in Juvenile Justice for nearly 10 years before burning out I have seen kids do horrible things then complain to their parents it is because they were mistreated and the parents go off making the reports and investigations I had to write and participate in seemingly endless while we were considered guilty until we proved ourselves innocent.
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Shockhead, you can be my wingman anytime...

I am one of those that believe you can tell quite a bit about people of "power" or "authority" by the way they treat their "subordinates". During summers in college, I was a waiter and then a bartender. Naturally, on a few occasions I was on the receiving end of behavior that ranged from unthinking self-centeredness to outright aggression, and these have been lessons I have tried to keep with me--if only as a reminder that life's circumstances are no excuse for a lack of civility. I also tend to harbor a Hannibal Lechter-style abhorrence to unilateral rudeness.
    Shockhead, the best you can do is internalize the events and react in opposition. I always find that performing an act of kindness following one of these encounters helps me feel better. That and the realization that I am not the poor sap that's married to the b!@tch

Cheers and heads up
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Sorry to hear that, Even doing the right thing gets you screwed. My advise is let this
    one go(It sucks). Your in the school system, they could make your end of career tough.
    Just know you have one good deed "in the bank". Thats always cool. However if your
    really pissed(like we all are) get wooch's lawyer.

I've been told to gety a mop and bucket and mop the sidewalk in front of the school. We've had a bomb threat and i was told to go onto the roof and search all the buildings for the bomb. We've had more then once a drunk parent with a gun and they call me to go stop them. I've cleaned tearchers cars when then spill there coffee inside. I'm told to pick up dirty boxes from the warehouse and use my car. This is just another thing in a long line of BS we HAVE to put up with. We tried to vote the union in but to many newer Supervisors thought the school was good to them and didnt want to upset them. They are young.
    Look & Listen

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I've been told to gety a mop and bucket and mop the sidewalk in front of the school. We've had a bomb threat and i was told to go onto the roof and search all the buildings for the bomb. We've had more then once a drunk parent with a gun and they call me to go stop them. I've cleaned tearchers cars when then spill there coffee inside. I'm told to pick up dirty boxes from the warehouse and use my car. This is just another thing in a long line of BS we HAVE to put up with. We tried to vote the union in but to many newer Supervisors thought the school was good to them and didnt want to upset them. They are young.
    Ughhh...I'm usually not in favor of organized labor, but this is just proof positive that some employers still haven't learned the lessons of the last centrury's labor movement.
    Sounds like you could use someone to file a grievance with on your behalf, people like your boss are the reason unions are still around.

We could send her some nasty computer viruses for ya?

LOL,thats ok,i'l deal. Today is her fav day,its meeting day. Her,vp,counselor,specialist and for some odd reason,me sit in a meeting about troubled students and teachers performance and stuff that has nothing to do with me. Starts at 9 and i sit and dont say a word until 10. Then i get up and stand next to her so she can tell me if there is anything i need to take care of. Problem is she doesnt talk to me for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour like she doesnt see me. I just stand there waiting for her to speak to me,kinda like a pet.
    I might add its all women in the office. All under 40 and i'm 53 if it makes any difference. In fact of the 60 teachers,office staff,specialist,all but 4 are women. Getting the picture and they all cant wait to tell me to do something.
    Look & Listen

Well, that sucks.

You do the right thing and they spin you around, yank down your pants and bend you over and, when they find out the little bahstahd was the cause of all the problems, don't even have the decency apologize. This says a lot about the morales the school system is infusing in children these days.

I'm sure you'll go out of your way should that situation repeat itself.

You sound like a good man, shok, and I'd be proud to have you on my team. Hold your breath until retirement and don't look back.

Thanks. Its all about having the kid in class as the school get $$ for each kid in class each day so they dont want a parent pissed off and not sending there kid to school.
    Look & Listen

LOL,thats ok,i'l deal. Today is her fav day,its meeting day. Her,vp,counselor,specialist and for some odd reason,me sit in a meeting about troubled students and teachers performance and stuff that has nothing to do with me. Starts at 9 and i sit and dont say a word until 10. Then i get up and stand next to her so she can tell me if there is anything i need to take care of. Problem is she doesnt talk to me for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour like she doesnt see me. I just stand there waiting for her to speak to me,kinda like a pet.
    I might add its all women in the office. All under 40 and i'm 53 if it makes any difference. In fact of the 60 teachers,office staff,specialist,all but 4 are women. Getting the picture and they all cant wait to tell me to do something.
    Oh, the, "we're just getting even" syndrome. "Men have treated us like crap for centuries so we have the right to do it back." Good luck with that. All I can say is keep your head down and hope for the best.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I dont recall saying that?Its more about the age then genter but i wouldnt know for sure as its always been like this here,mostly women. Its much easier when they are abit older which makes them much smarter.
    Look & Listen

I dont recall saying that?Its more about the age then genter but i wouldnt know for sure as its always been like this here,mostly women. Its much easier when they are abit older which makes them much smarter.
    Sorry, just my interpretation. Either way it s*cks.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Oh, the, "we're just getting even" syndrome. "Men have treated us like crap for centuries so we have the right to do it back." Good luck with that. All I can say is keep your head down and hope for the best.
    Disrespect is disrespect. Shok deserves better. Everyone deserves better. I doubt it has as much to do with Shok being a man, or being older, as it does snobbery. Shok, please don't take this the wrong way I have the greatest respect for what you do...but it sounds to me like these women (VP, P and Mother) are looking down their noses at Shok as a blue-collar worker instead of the good, hard-working, honest man that he has led me to believe that he is...deserving of their respect. These women are cows.

Shok, go to work every day with your head held high knowing that you are a better person than any of them will ever be. I believe in karma and, one day, they will get what's coming to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information