Thread: Terrible news.

Terrible news.

Sorry for this bad news, but I just had to say it.
    I'm typing this with tears in my eyes, but here it goes.

This morning we found our cat (Pipo) with a strange 'thing' hanging out his butt, we didn't know what it was, so we visited the vet. There the vet said that it was a tumor, and it was swollen this far that it popped out, this also ment that it was completely spread out in him. He came to the conclusion that it was best for him that it would be put to sleep... Forever, that is.
    and that's what happened.

R.I.P. Pipo,
    1999 - 2007

and I hope you'll have a good new home in cat's heaven...

I'm off for today.
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basite

This morning we found our cat (Pipo) with a strange 'thing' hanging out his butt, we didn't know what it was, so we visited the vet. There the vet said that it was a tumor, and it was swollen this far that it popped out, this also ment that it was completely spread out in him. He came to the conclusion that it was best for him that it would be put to sleep... Forever, that is.

R.I.P. Pipo,
    1999 - 2007

I'm off for today.
    Bert.

Bert I am so sorry. I know you will miss him but you made the best choice to keep him from suffering. Sounds like Pipo has been living in a loving home and that is almost like heaven. Take care and let music soothe your soul.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

R.I.P. Pipo,
    1999 - 2007

I'm off for today.
    Bert.
    OMG! I am so sorry Basite. That sucks. My best wishes go out to you. It will get better.

We had to put our cat down 4 years ago. It was tough.

Our new cat, Tigger, looks just like your Pipo.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Loosing a pet, is loosing a member of the family. My wife is a huge cat lover, and
    we have a lab. Lossing either would suck. So sorry for your loss.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    Sunfire Signature "True Sub"
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U
    Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-ray Player
    Power Protection/Filters-Monster HTS 5100 MKII
    Canare Interconnects

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Basite, I am sooooo sorry. Having a pet is wonderful, but it hurts so much when they're gone that sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. It is. They bring so much pleasure and love to our lives.

I'm sure that Pipo is up in Kitty Heaven chasing mice and birds to his heart's content.

Suspended
    My condolences to you Basite in your time of grief. I know what it's like to lose a loved one, and I'm sure this is a difficult point in your life.

When I moved to Texas 10 years ago I had very little family here so I thought about bringing home a dog, but I felt that with living in an apartment it wouldn't be fair for the kind of dog I wanted to be confined to a small space. I decided that to find some companionship, and to help a friend out at work, well, Thelma & Louise came into my life. They certainly are entertaining; they keep the lizard and cricket population to a minimum, and thankfully they've been healthy for their 9+ years on this planet. I know some day I'll have to face the same sadness, but hopefully I can count on my friends and family to be there for me just like all the friends you have here to support you.

Keep your spirits up dude!

I understand

R.I.P. Pipo,
    1999 - 2007

I'm off for today.
    Bert.
    Bert,

My condolences: our pets are family members and we grieve for them, as I know very well.

Our dear dog Bowser succumbed to cancer about a year and a half ago. Like Pipo, his passing was seemingly very fast. Suddenly one day he appeared very weak, barely able to stand. We took him to veterinary emergency where he was diagnosed with wide-spread lung cancer. He might have survived for another month or so, but we let him go.

Bowser, 1994 -2005
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible news.-bowz04c_85040024xx.jpg  

Hi Bert,

I am very sorry to hear your sad news. It is never easy when a trusted friend departs, and even less so if they're still young.
    This decision you all made is the hardest and most important one to make. It's a great responsibility.
    So take care and remember the good times.

Peace
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

My heart goes out to ya.

I've lost many cats over the years but it never gets any easier. Consider yourself blessed that he was able to provide you and yours with loving companionship for as long as he did.

FWIW, that's a a beautiful picture and he looks totally content. I can almost hear him purring.

I'd say both sides benefited from that relationship.

Suspended
    I'm sorry for you and the family.

i have a large doberman who has been with our family for years. She is getting up in age. It is going to be devastating to my family when she goes. She is the best natured and smart. She tolerates little kids laying on her, pulling and playing.

It is, the same as losing a family member because our pets have there own personality and bonds with us.

Thanks for all the kind words & support guys (and girls )

We gave him a little funeral, and buried him (we made a wooden box, put some flowers in them, together with a goodbye letter), he's buried between the flowers, where he liked to be.

We'll miss him for sure...

Peace,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Suspended
    Your funeral reminded me of when my brother and me were teens. He had a cool dog, it was a mix breed of who knows what. We were really attached to him. The poor fella wasn't smart enough to stay off the road though and one day was killed by a car. We were crushed. We lived out in the middle of no where then, so we decided to bury him and give him sort of a funeral. We buried him with high honors in a favorite Harley Davidson T-shirt. Back then, to us, you couldn't get much higher honor than that. I think we also put a make shift cross and circled the spot with stones.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Pets...

...transcend "family"...Family members can complain when they aren't feeling well...pets, however, can't...as responsible custodians of the furry little things, we have to be mindful both of the obvious and the subtle signs that may indicate something is amiss...

There comes a time, and even if it's only once it's way too often, when the ultimate decision must be made...and it's never an easy one, but when medicine can do no more, it's always the right one, no matter how much it may hurt to let go...

We've been "lucky" I guess...our first dog had a long (16 yrs) and healthy life (with the exception of his final year or so, he was diagnosed with epilepsy and was on medication) and passed in his sleep...Our second, was nearly indestructible...surviving surgery at 10 for a urinary tract infection. In the end it was congestive heart failure did him in...he was in the animal hospital when the vet gave us the diagnosis. He was responding well to the treatment, but the prognosis was not good. My wife and I were there...we had to be...after the years (15) of joy and unconditional love our dog gave to us, he had to know we were there with him...With the vets' permission, I fed him some him some bits of kibble; even though weakened, a real chow-hound to the end...Talking to him gently and stroking his head, he closed his big, brown eyes (as he always would when feeling safe and sound) and simply went to sleep...It pains me to this day, and while I hope I never have to make that decision again, ever, I know I made the right one...the calm, peaceful look on his trusting face spoke to me as no human voice ever could...

jimHJJ(...that was five years ago and even though we now share our home with yet another, d@mn, I miss that dog...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Thread Information