Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SVI watch 2006

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

SVI watch 2006

Thought I'd do a public service post for all the SVI fans here. I admit to being an SVI junkie. The mix of innocence and irritant, kindness and creepiness… I just can’t stop watching.

Links…So there’s a massive SVI forum where you can talk about a wide range of topics. You have to register. (Topics listed below)

http://www.vanillaice378.proboards74.com/

In addition, there’s a full blown site for Dinosaur nuts. No registration required. With a lot of dinosaur info. A lot. There’s no cotton tree companion site that I’ve discovered yet. Maybe that’s in the works.
    Enter here. Links at the top. I think some of these pages play songs and stuff. Be warned.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/

Inside, there’s the perfunctory 'About' page with a nice headshot. I assume it's SVI. Can't be too sure. I take nothing for granted.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/about.html

And the all important 'What’s New'. Contains a very good guide regarding the ‘relationship.’ If you’re fine stopping at the frequency response of monitor speakers in the beyond shrill spectrum, skip this. But, for the adventurous a wonderful alternate universe awaits.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/whats_new.html

The forum topics are (sub topics in parens)
    Dinosaurs (Pictures, Toys, Games, Dinosaurs, Talk)
    Games (Talk, PC, Video)
    Movies + Shows (Where to buy, Shows, Movies)
    Music (Where to buy, Music, Concerts)
    Pro Audio (Home Studio, Mastering Sound, Recording Studio, Pro Audio Gear)
    Home Audio (Cables, Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Home Audio, Home Theater)
    Relationships** (Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Straight Places, Bi People, Gay Places, Hot Boys, Hot Girls)
    General (Dallas’s Boards, Dallas’s Website, Show Off, Off Topic)

Again, no cotton tree forum. Someone should suggest that. SVI is very open to suggestion…I mean suggestions.

‘Relationships’ is where the true SVI fan tunes in. Although once the pictures of hot young boys (including a full sized version of the famous one) went up, I began to wonder if an adult could get arrested for dwelling there. I’m certainly not going to do any internet searches for “Dallas+SVI+HOT BOYS+dinosaurs” just in case. Disturbing, but SFW. If you can’t get enough of ‘the famous picture’…uh…just don’t tell anyone. I don’t want to know about it.

Anyway, he’s supposedly going to meet the love of his life in person for the first time in February. I can barely contain my curiousity. I’m suspecting the death of the Cat will throw these plans awry. Or maybe his loves phone cheating. Or maybe a strong head wind... You’ll just have to register and read.

I have theories that range from “nice well meaning but loss young man” to this site has got to be the work of an FBI agent trolling (badly?) for pedophiles. I suppose that’s why I’m hooked. You can go to the forum and ‘smite’ or ‘exalt’ other users. I’m into smiting. Whoopee.

Noddin, you need another hobby.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Thought I'd do a public service post for all the SVI fans here. I admit to being an SVI junkie. The mix of innocence and irritant, kindness and creepiness… I just can’t stop watching.

Links…So there’s a massive SVI forum where you can talk about a wide range of topics. You have to register. (Topics listed below)

http://www.vanillaice378.proboards74.com/

In addition, there’s a full blown site for Dinosaur nuts. No registration required. With a lot of dinosaur info. A lot. There’s no cotton tree companion site that I’ve discovered yet. Maybe that’s in the works.
    Enter here. Links at the top. I think some of these pages play songs and stuff. Be warned.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/

Inside, there’s the perfunctory 'About' page with a nice headshot. I assume it's SVI. Can't be too sure. I take nothing for granted.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/about.html

And the all important 'What’s New'. Contains a very good guide regarding the ‘relationship.’ If you’re fine stopping at the frequency response of monitor speakers in the beyond shrill spectrum, skip this. But, for the adventurous a wonderful alternate universe awaits.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/whats_new.html

The forum topics are (sub topics in parens)
    Dinosaurs (Pictures, Toys, Games, Dinosaurs, Talk)
    Games (Talk, PC, Video)
    Movies + Shows (Where to buy, Shows, Movies)
    Music (Where to buy, Music, Concerts)
    Pro Audio (Home Studio, Mastering Sound, Recording Studio, Pro Audio Gear)
    Home Audio (Cables, Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Home Audio, Home Theater)
    Relationships** (Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Straight Places, Bi People, Gay Places, Hot Boys, Hot Girls)
    General (Dallas’s Boards, Dallas’s Website, Show Off, Off Topic)

Again, no cotton tree forum. Someone should suggest that. SVI is very open to suggestion…I mean suggestions.

‘Relationships’ is where the true SVI fan tunes in. Although once the pictures of hot young boys (including a full sized version of the famous one) went up, I began to wonder if an adult could get arrested for dwelling there. I’m certainly not going to do any internet searches for “Dallas+SVI+HOT BOYS+dinosaurs” just in case. Disturbing, but SFW. If you can’t get enough of ‘the famous picture’…uh…just don’t tell anyone. I don’t want to know about it.

Anyway, he’s supposedly going to meet the love of his life in person for the first time in February. I can barely contain my curiousity. I’m suspecting the death of the Cat will throw these plans awry. Or maybe his loves phone cheating. Or maybe a strong head wind... You’ll just have to register and read.

I have theories that range from “nice well meaning but loss young man” to this site has got to be the work of an FBI agent trolling (badly?) for pedophiles. I suppose that’s why I’m hooked. You can go to the forum and ‘smite’ or ‘exalt’ other users. I’m into smiting. Whoopee.
    Thanks Noddin,
    Top, I requested this link.

The picture in there (Inside, there’s the perfunctory 'About' page with a nice headshot. I assume it's SVI. Can't be too sure. I take nothing for granted.
    http://www.velociraptor.4t.com/about.html) is SVI. The picture SVI uses in his avitar is Adam.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I am not only an SVI fan but also a member of his site. I need to visit more.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Noddin, you need another hobby.

Seriously.
    Yah. Well, subtracting the psychological costs, this ones free. A hobby for when I can't afford the other ones...

Poor SVI, he's still hung up on this guy Adam. This guy is playing him against his own best friend. I tried to warn him, as I see others have also. I don't think he'll listen to me either.
    He's so young and confused. I remember when I would believe anything a hot girl would say. It took a lot of heartbreaks to wise up.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Oh well. He sure is interesting. Even if he is yanking our chains. I laughed for hours at some what he had to say.

I know. If SVI is just a kind but lost kid. I feel for him. But then sometimes he goes and writes something very lucid and mature and I think, 'Ok, this guy SVI is just dinking with us'

Ah the perils of the internet...

Speaking of the alleged photo of Adam. I'm waiting for SVI to confirm that that is indeed what 'Adam' looks like. He's never met him.

(LJ pokes head in)

Hey guys what do you think of the........snap, wrong room

(LJ shuts the door and goes into the next room over)

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    (LJ pokes head in)

Hey guys what do you think of the........snap, wrong room

(LJ shuts the door and goes into the next room over)
    Wait LJ.

Don't go yet. Spanky was asking about you and where you could be found.
    We told them you were living down town driving all the old guys wild.

I think Spanky has officially abandoned AR
    http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10695

*snif*

I usually comment on everything, but this guy was born on the wrong planet.

-Flo

PS: The Advert on his site says it all.

Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Oh yes...the good old Cotton Tree....

Funny, most times when I hit his forum I get an ad for www.orbaudio.com. I'm not joking!

Maybe Orb Audio will send him a Greyhound bus ticket to his destination. Then he might be able to stay at the YMCA.
    Young man....................................
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Maybe Orb Audio will send him a Greyhound bus ticket to his destination. Then he might be able to stay at the YMCA.
    Young man....................................

Excuse me. People in glass houses should not throw stones.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Excuse me. People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Huh? Are you fighting with yourself? Don't make me send you to different rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Huh? Are you fighting with yourself? Don't make me send you to different rooms.

Sometimes I notice that my other personality has posted.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Sometimes I notice that my other personality has posted.
    So you take that opportunity to smack yourself around for a bit? Be nice to you. You are the only you that you will ever have. You know?

Aging Smartass
    Am I the only one who has no idea whatsoever what this thread is about? What's "SVI?"

Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    Am I the only one who has no idea whatsoever what this thread is about? What's "SVI?"
    This was before your time ;-)

Look up the Holy Cotton Tree, Ultrasnot, Powersnot and Spanking Vanilla Ice

Aging Smartass
    I think I'll remain blissfully ignorant. "Ultrasnot?" "Powersnot?" I'm afraid to ask....

Here ya go. Happy reading.

Out of 4

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I think I'll remain blissfully ignorant. "Ultrasnot?" "Powersnot?" I'm afraid to ask....
    emaidel,
    I beg you to reconsider. This was going on right about the time I joined the forum and I can assure you, you won't find a more amusing thread around these parts. I'm talking laugh-out-loud funny and bizarre...

Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

I have to confess, I still don't know what the hell the BOT is supposed to refer to...PLEASE HELP!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information