Second Annual "Man it was so hot today" Trhread...

Altogether everyone....

"How Hot Was It?!!!!"

So hot a camel came by beggin' fer a cuppa shade!

So much sun outside even my white friends are startin' to look good to me!

So hot round here the Devil came beggin' for a fan!

Get much hotter we'll all be nudists!

Worf

Yeah, yesterday it was 36 Celsius, (96.8 F), here in London, ON, but the killer was the humidex: 44+C (111 F). It's just slightly cooler here today.

We should get some respite for the next couple of days.
    Last edited by Feanor; 07-19-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    In Central Ohio the heat index was over 100. My dog still wanted to walk his usual 2 hours. I had plenty of water and treats and we cooled down under the shade. As we get closer to home he becomes more stubborn since he wants to be out longer. I on the other hand am very hot, sweaty and in need of dry underwear. I am ready to enjoy some AC, less clothes and a glass of wine. He wants to chase one more cat or pee on one more bush. He usually wins.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    We're having the same temps as Feanor, being only about 2 hours away. 36C (97F) today with a humidex of 43C (109F). Humidity at these levels play real havok on my asthma and makes it feel like a Sumo Wrestler is sitting on my chest, so I spend as much time as I can indoors.

Most of Southern Ontario is under a severe T-storm and tornado watch this evening. The storms are supposed to wash away the humidity and open the door for some more bearable temps tomorrow...down to mid-20s (70s) for the weekend. That'll be nice. I don't mind the T-storms, but the tornado warnings scare the crap out of me!

I am sorry to read you have been so miserable. I have two other friends who are suffering. One is a neighbor and he has to get out very early to do any yard work. I am glad the weather will be improving for you.

I do not have asthma but I can relate to a Sumo Wrestler on the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    We're having the same temps as Feanor, being only about 2 hours away. 36C (97F) today with a humidex of 43C (109F). Humidity at these levels play real havok on my asthma and makes it feel like a Sumo Wrestler is sitting on my chest, so I spend as much time as I can indoors.

Most of Southern Ontario is under a severe T-storm and tornado watch this evening. The storms are supposed to wash away the humidity and open the door for some more bearable temps tomorrow...down to mid-20s (70s) for the weekend. That'll be nice. I don't mind the T-storms, but the tornado warnings scare the crap out of me!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

If it is any comfort, month of August is still to come

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    If it is any comfort, month of August is still to come
    Ohhh you... you... bum you!!!!

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    We had a wicked round of thunderstorms on Friday night and within an hour the humidity had been washed away and the temperature dropped about 12C. It's been a beautiful weekend with temps in the mid 20's and lots of sun.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    We had a wicked round of thunderstorms on Friday night and within an hour the humidity had been washed away and the temperature dropped about 12C. It's been a beautiful weekend with temps in the mid 20's and lots of sun.

I am glad you are enjoying better weather and hopefully better breathing. We had a drop in temps but not much change in humidity.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Forum Regular
    I'm so lucky. Next month when things will start getting a little more manageable where I am, I get to drive back to TX where the heat is just starting xD

Quote Originally Posted by Just another college kid View Post
    I'm so lucky. Next month when things will start getting a little more manageable where I am, I get to drive back to TX where the heat is just starting xD
    That my friend.... sucks!

Worf

Thread Information