Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Well then I would rather you didn't. It seems as though you have issues with Chrisitanity. The Chrisitan belief has nothing to do with superstition, well on the contrary!
    If you are mostly reading books to the likes of Richard Dawkins, then pehaps you should broaden you horizons.
    No, not with Christianity: with religion in general.

OK, now I'm done.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I'm done.
    I love you man.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    All religion is superstition, mon cher ami. Just sayin'.
    I fully agree.

jra:
    I asked my sister who is a Professor at U. Mass. (PHd Human Resources). She said just charge her a sick day. After all, she is saying she's sick.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    They have PHd's in Human Resources?

nightflier
    Well if she does take a sick day, then it's her choice to take that time off. The good thing is that this type of illness can be scheduled, so since this only happens 2-3 times per year, it's not like this is going to affect the company drastically.

Suspended
    The thing is she is saying ahead of time she will be sick. When you think of all the people who call in because of being hung over or just don't want to roll it out of bed probably at least that many times a year, why give her grief for being honest, or at least straight, about it.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    The thing is she is saying ahead of time she will be sick. When you think of all the people who call in because of being hung over or just don't want to roll it out of bed probably at least that many times a year, why give her grief for being honest, or at least straight, about it.
    What? Who? WHAT?

This isn't about me. I thought it was about some Chinese girl.

Leave... Me... ALONE!!!

FA's husband really has this nailed down....If the occurence is a rare one and the person in question dos not have a history of frivolous behavior, why not giver her the benefit of the doubt and let it pass?

While Qi (or Chi) may not mean that much to Us, to traditionally oriented persons (Taoist), Qi is a big deal. Actions (such as cutting hair, I reckon) can disrupt the harmonious flow of Qi that is reflective of one's harmony with the universe. While Qi has not really been located, its existence as a matter of consequence is unquestionable.

As far as this person's role in the work environment goes, the best course of action would be to tread carefully. With increasing Diversity--as West and East mesh--such collisions will occur. Last thing anyone wants to happen is a big, fat lawsuit for cultural insensitivity or racist policy, etc.
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 02-17-2010 at 07:04 AM.
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    So we have this Chinese girl at work, and she claims getting a haircut makes her sick everytime...

For that, she always take a day off after getting her haircut. I don't remember who it was, but I've had someone tell me this before as well.

Have you guys ever heard of it or know anyone who gets sick over a haircut?

She's not the type who's concerned about her looks, and I really don't think it has anything to do with a bad haircut. She claims it throws her "Qi" off balance...
    Probably just a bad case of being unhappy about the haircut, which then messes up her mood, and makes her feel sick...

(psychology and being physically ill often go hand in hand )

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    Probably just a bad case of being unhappy about the haircut, which then messes up her mood, and makes her feel sick...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Hey Bert! Haven't seen you around here in a while. Nice to see you back. I hope that all is well.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Good to see you Bert...

JayRhyme-daddy, live and live...a well-centered Chi is da bomb...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Chi...chi...boom!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    They have PHd's in Human Resources?
    It was news to me too. The exact wording may be different but that's what it amounts to. I'm afraid to ask her. I was there when she received her sheepskin. She would be highly pissed if I asked her what her doctorate was in again. When she was working on it I razzed her unmercifully about getting degrees in fields where "opinion" and not fact was what mattered.
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Where have you been, brotha!!! It's great seeing you here.
    Perhaps your girl friend is back from Minnesota and too busy hanging around here?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Good to see you Bert...

JayRhyme-daddy, live and live...a well-centered Chi is da bomb...
    Bob,

Centering one's self is a great thing. I think alot of people take on Yoga and Meditation to receive a similar effect. But I do wish you could get a hold of this girl and change her odd behaviors (other than this hair thing) for good. I'm just saying...

No sure how this will affect everyones perspective, but here are some facts about her:

She met her Chinese husband in Japan while attending the same college in Tokyo.
    They both graduated from a college in Japan, she took off to Findlay Ohio for the MBA. During a spring break, she flew back to Japan from Findlay and got married. On the very next day, she flew back to US. After the graduation, she got a job and have been working everysince. About 6 months ago, her husband came to US to see her for the first time since their wedding.
    She decided it was best to take one of her friends along while they vacationed in Vegas. They all stayed in the same room to save money.

She claims she cannot see a thing at night, so she has told the boss she will never work past 5:00PM. Whenever their is a company outing after work, she will always show up and drink her ass off.

She wears the same clothe (top to bottom) 5 days a week. I have no idea what she wears on Sat and Sun... She usually emits funky odor by Wednesday... Changes underwear? I don't even wanna think about that.

Does not shave her armpits. It is because of the Qi thing? Or some Chinese thing?

She is Directionally challenged. She cannot go anywhere without her GPS. Also, she cannot go to a Mall by herself. Otherwise, she gets completely lost.

She wears a cross around her neck made of Jade. I had brought up this subject once to her, because I knew that Chinese cherish items made of Jade. Turns out, she cannot wear anything made of metal. She claims metal objects against the skin makes her sick.

She thinks I'm the world's biggest failure because I'm a Permanent Resident of US. Reason: because she doesn't have a green card.

She will never let me meet her sister because she truly thinks I'm some sort of a wild sexual preditor.
    Reason: As a background, we import machinery items from Japan. We had imported this item called a Vibration for one of our customers, and we had a great feedback of the product. It was basically a sorting device. She kept talking out loud about her much her customer love the vibration she got for them. She kept asking why this vibrator was so great. I advised her that she might not want to ask me this questions out loud because.... I had to explain to her what the vibrator is as a sex toy, and of course I had to explain to her in multiple ways cuz she's clueless about the world.

she shaves her legs.

I got tons and tons of other crazy stories about her, but it's work related so you guys wouldn't understand. If this Qi illness is real, then I think she's allocating too much to her head and arm pits.

Every place I've ever worked having a foul body oder was reason for termination. When I was in the military having a bad body odor was cause for a brush party. You were washed with scrub brushes and bathroom cleanser by your fellow soldiers. This was done outside. We didn't want to stink up the barracks.

Your description of your "co-worker?" makes her sound like a real "wing nut". If anything the situation is probably worse than you will admit in print. You have my sympathy.

Again...tread carefully....Although in this case the odor may well have to do with habit, it may also be affected by constitution.

A can of Lysol might help...

No sure how this will affect everyones perspective, but here are some facts about her:...
    I'm not sure anymore what your purpose for this thread is. Are you looking for advice on how to handle the situation? Or, are you looking for an outlet to vent your frustration with this woman?

You seem to have a problem with her. Are you looking to us to provide justification for your opinion of her? Do you want to be able to say, "yeah, my friends at AR think that she's a wack-job too.

Frankly, if a co-worker were examining me closely enough to know my shaving habits, I would have a serious issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Frankly, if a co-worker were examining me closely enough to know my shaving habits, I would have a serious issue with that.
    It doesn't necessarily take a lot of examining to notice these

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    It doesn't necessarily take a lot of examining to notice these
    True. I suppose it depends on just how hairy this chick is.

Sounds like this woman is a great source of entertainment for you.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Its sounds to me like her "chi" or "Qi" is already out of balance
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Where have you been, brotha!!! It's great seeing you here.
    Perhaps your girl friend is back from Minnesota and too busy hanging around here?
    i've been everywhere and nowhere

but I'm doing just fine , I'm studying sociology at the University of Antwerp now, been pretty busy and lost track of all the forums doing that , but as shwarzenegger constantly says, "I'll be back", so here I am

It's still pretty busy here, so I won't be here as much as I used to be though

and about the girl in minnesota, she isn't back yet, but it didn't really last, and we broke up about a month ago, I met someone else too, though...

well, great to be back,
    so, what did I miss?
    and how are you guys all doing?

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

, I'm studying sociology at the University of Antwerp now, been pretty busy and lost track of all the forums doing that

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Sniff! Our little boy is growing up.

Sniff!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information