Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    GM, have you downloaded the newest R&C. I've played through it twice already. The story is OK(searching for Clank) but they kinda leave you hangin' at the end. You do get a glimpse at the next villain you'll be facing. I heard to new R&C(full game) won't be out til fall of 09
    Isn't that just for the PSP?

I went on line for the first time with Burnout last night. Something called "free burn." It was filled with teenagers talkin' smack and randomly running into each other. How does a person start a friends list?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I ordered a new plate amp today. That's the third amp I've used in this thing. The first one I fried with BFD, when I had the +10 dbV thing engaged and way too much gain from the reciever.
    Poof.

2nd amp, run over by a Dodge Intrepid. Mom's car is fine, the license plate is bent a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I ordered a new plate amp today. That's the third amp I've used in this thing. The first one I fried with BFD, when I had the +10 dbV thing engaged and way too much gain from the reciever.
    Poof.

2nd amp, run over by a Dodge Intrepid. Mom's car is fine, the license plate is bent a bit.
    Maybe it's trying to tell you something.

How's that big screen look in 1080p?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Maybe it's trying to tell you something.

How's that big screen look in 1080p?
    Looks pretty good. Well 1080p really spoils you. Going back to 480p and compressed cable 1080i is a bit of a downer at first, but even they look good.

I ran DVE to get my brightness, contrast, colors and sharpness up to snuff. I have to say, some of the pre-sets on the Epson are pretty damn close to what I could come up with. Scary close. Had to change the color temp to 6500 and cut the brightness down a bit but the colors are bang on. Much more accurate than my LCD or RPTV were. Sharpness control was pretty bang on too. Turning off a lot of the auto-image correction features made some minor tweaking improvements.

Wife bought the Planet Earth BluRays. She likes crap like that. The scenes are pretty impressive. I'm pretty busy this week, but maybe next week I'll run out and splurge on some BluRays.

Isn't that just for the PSP?

I went on line for the first time with Burnout last night. Something called "free burn." It was filled with teenagers talkin' smack and randomly running into each other. How does a person start a friends list?
    Nah, it's on the PS3. $14.99 for about 4 hours of play. 3 levels, easy - hard. You don't get all the cool weapons or gadgets in this one though. I guess it's kind of a link between TOD and the next full game to come out.

I do plan on getting the R&C PSP package when it becomes available on Oct. 14. My kid is gonna hate me

Looks pretty good. Well 1080p really spoils you. Going back to 480p and compressed cable 1080i is a bit of a downer at first, but even they look good.

I ran DVE to get my brightness, contrast, colors and sharpness up to snuff. I have to say, some of the pre-sets on the Epson are pretty damn close to what I could come up with. Scary close. Had to change the color temp to 6500 and cut the brightness down a bit but the colors are bang on. Much more accurate than my LCD or RPTV were. Sharpness control was pretty bang on too. Turning off a lot of the auto-image correction features made some minor tweaking improvements.

Wife bought the Planet Earth BluRays. She likes crap like that. The scenes are pretty impressive. I'm pretty busy this week, but maybe next week I'll run out and splurge on some BluRays.
    I bet it does look great. And yeah, it's tough to go back, even though it doesn't look bad. DVD's are OK, and even some 480i broadcasts aren't bad. I still find myself only surfing the HD channels though. If it's worth watching, it's worth watching in HD.

How does that DVE work? How to you compare what you've got to what you should have? Where did you get yours? How much do they go for?

The planet Earth series was awesome. Saw it in 1080i converted to 720p and it was still the best picture I've ever seen. Must be incredible in 1080p.

I was sick last week and was laid up on the couch for a few days. I watched a bunch of DVDs and was just thinking that. Some BR video quality is pretty amazing. DVD is like meh....I didn't give it much thought after I got into the movie. A good movie is a good movie, no matter how good or bad the video quality may be.

Good move by wifey. I think Planet Earth is a must have BR. Breath taking scenes and educational

Nah, it's on the PS3. $14.99 for about 4 hours of play. 3 levels, easy - hard. You don't get all the cool weapons or gadgets in this one though. I guess it's kind of a link between TOD and the next full game to come out.
    Cool, I'll check it out (as soon as I can drag myself away from Burnout. in 2 weeks I have in 75 hours of playing time and have driven over 5500 miles)
    I do plan on getting the R&C PSP package when it becomes available on Oct. 14. My kid is gonna hate me
    Hate you? Why's that? You are going to give it as a b-day gift right?

Cool, I'll check it out (as soon as I can drag myself away from Burnout. in 2 weeks I have in 75 hours of playing time and have driven over 5500 miles)

Hate you? Why's that? You are going to give it as a b-day gift right?
    Because it's gonna be just for me. Serious

He's spoiled anyways. He has a dad that's a bid kid and has every game and cool toy that comes out. He just got a DS (we made him work around the house all summer for it) and after begging like a baby for a few weeks, I finally broke down and grabbed him some guitars off craigslist for guitar hero.

I don't mind though, he does very well in school and is above his 4th grade level so I let him get away with a little bit.

Suspended
    ...It was filled with teenagers talkin' smack and randomly running into each other. How does a person start a friends list?
    I've been wanting to see if there's a way where say, the AR.com PS owners have their own private game server so we can do battle. That would be cool, and would encourage more bonding between us.

I think Playstation Home will facilitate community like environments but I don't know if people will be able to set up a mini network for gaming.

Suspended
    I was sick last week and was laid up on the couch for a few days. I watched a bunch of DVDs and was just thinking that. Some BR video quality is pretty amazing. DVD is like meh....I didn't give it much thought after I got into the movie. A good movie is a good movie, no matter how good or bad the video quality may be.
    Wow! That really was some hangover wasn't it?
    Good move by wifey. I think Planet Earth is a must have BR. Breath taking scenes and educational
    It ain't cheap though. It's a four disk set that is selling for more than $60 at Amazon. I wonder if this series can be purchased one BD at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I've been wanting to see if there's a way where say, the AR.com PS owners have their own private game server so we can do battle. That would be cool, and would encourage more bonding between us.

I think Playstation Home will facilitate community like environments but I don't know if people will be able to set up a mini network for gaming.
    Well we'd all have to set a certain time to meet somewhere in Home. And what game are you referring to? I read that you can have your own "space" and invite certain people in and launch games from there.

You could even get married. I think Rich & GM would make a great virtual couple

I know that a bunch of people get together from AVS each week to burnout, but have been a little shy about throwing my hat in. These guys have been playing every week since January. I was hoping to at least get my elite license before I join that group.

It looks like it's easy to put a group together on Burnout. We just need to know each other's P(something) code/ID thingies. Then we could add to our friends list (that I don't know how to do yet) and get together to tear down the city.

Still hungover I see.

If I was going to switch teams, JM would get first dibs. If he turns me down, then it's you and me baby.

Suspended
    Still hungover I see.

If I was going to switch teams, JM would get first dibs. If he turns me down, then it's you and me baby.
    You're referring to L.J. right?

You're referring to L.J. right?
    Yeah. Sorry Rich, but you could go 3rd if you like.

I know that a bunch of people get together from AVS each week to burnout, but have been a little shy about throwing my hat in. These guys have been playing every week since January. I was hoping to at least get my elite license before I join that group.

It looks like it's easy to put a group together on Burnout. We just need to know each other's P(something) code/ID thingies. Then we could add to our friends list (that I don't know how to do yet) and get together to tear down the city.
    Once you know the PSN ID. Just shoot the person a message from your PS3 asking them to add you as a friend. I play my brother on Fight Night 3 sometimes. We just both log in and challenge each other to a match.

Suspended
    Well we'd all have to set a certain time to meet somewhere in Home. And what game are you referring to?
    Well, I don't know what everybody else is doing at 11 am Central time, but that's my lunchtime. Or weekends if the WAF is is positive. Not referring to any game in particular but I'm sure we could all agree on one or two.
    I read that you can have your own "space" and invite certain people in and launch games from there.
    Yup. That's what I mean.
    Put the crack pipe down knucklehead.

Suspended
    Yeah. Sorry Rich, but you could go 3rd if you like.
    Ain't that always the way?

Ain't that always the way?
    Trust me, it's not something you should be upset about.

Suspended
    Trust me, it's not something you should be upset about.
    <== This is the second time in as many weeks you've tried to kiss me! Knock it off!

Suspended
    BTW, the Dualshock 3 wireless controller price is down to $46.99 with free shipping at Amazon.

Whatever happened to that two piece controller that we were supposed to get for shooter games?

Suspended
    Don't know, but something came to mind while I was reporting on the DS3 controller: I have a Hands-on Throttle & Stick controller that I used for PC Flight sims; it's a USB connected device, but I wonder if my PS3 will recognize it. I have a feeling it won't because the install disk is Windows based, but I'd like to plug it in and see what happens. I assume it won't blow anything up, but if I could get a PS type driver...

I wonder how that all works? GM, did you have to run an install program with your racing wheel?

Don't know, but something came to mind while I was reporting on the DS3 controller: I have a Hands-on Throttle & Stick controller that I used for PC Flight sims; it's a USB connected device, but I wonder if my PS3 will recognize it. I have a feeling it won't because the install disk is Windows based, but I'd like to plug it in and see what happens. I assume it won't blow anything up, but if I could get a PS type driver...

I wonder how that all works? GM, did you have to run an install program with your racing wheel?
    No install. Just plug it in to the USB port and then set the control settings on the 6axis to 2.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information